Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2011, 7:12 pm

At our annual family reunion this year (on my mom's side), we played Rock Band II and Beatles Rock Band. I've always been kind of a fan of the Beatles, but actually "playing" these songs really made me like them. So, I figured there must be Beatles fans here as well. So, here's what I want to know:
1. Favorite Beatle
2. Favorite song(s)
Here are mine.
1: Favorite Beatle: John Lennon. I find his post-Beatles career to be better than everyone else's.
2. Favorite songs:
"Come Together" (I love the bass line in this song and it's just so sweet)
"Get Back"
"Ticket to Ride"
"Revolution"
"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"
"Helter Skelter"
"Let It Be" (yes, I know it's not really a religious song, but it's still pretty)
"I Feel Fine"
For the record, I really don't care for the weird songs, like "I Am the Walrus". They took waaay too many drugs to come up with songs like that.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 7:22 pm

I have both those games and they rule!! I love The Beatles. Still waiting on that Time Machine so I can go and see them :D

1: Favourite Beatle: George Harrison
2: Favourite songs:
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends"
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
"Hey Jude"
"Let It Be"
"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
"A Hard Day's Night"
"I Am The Walrus"
"She's Leaving Home"
"A Day In The Life"

Oh God I could go on! Trust me this isn't it on my list of favourites; there's so darn many!

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 7:39 pm

I'll play!

Favorite Beatle: Paul

Favorite Song: "Don't Let Me Down"

And it was all for the want of a nail.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 9:18 am

John is so witty, George so spiritual, Paul so charming, and Ringo so funny, I like them all. Of course all of them were witty, charming and funny.

If I had to pick two favorite Beatles, it would be John and George. I might be biased because I am a guitarist myself. I identify with John's ideas of what it is to be an artist and with George's Hindu-inspired spirituality. I appreciate John's way with words and George's dedication to his guitar craft.

Favorite albums would be Rubber Soul and Revolver.

Favorite song: Help! The past six years I have played along to this song on guitar many thousands of times (not exaggerating). A couple days ago I recorded a cover version of this song. It is pretty faithful to the original version, but after the ending of the Beatles arrangement of the song, I add an extra verse more of an instrumental arrangement I came up with inspired by the Beatles song.

The Bicycling Guitarist plays Help! June 11, 2011

Charles91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

Favorite songs: every single one of them.

pattheaspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2011, 7:30 am

favorite song: Elenor Rigby
Favorite Abbum: A Hard Days Night

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 8:21 am

Favourite Beatle: George, John. I actively dislike Paul and positively detest Ringo.
Favourite songs:
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
"Getting Better"
"I've Just Seen a Face"
"Here Comes the Sun"

The year is still young.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

Favorite Beatle: George Harrison. Why? because I like his cover of "Got my mind set on you" plus I like him playing the ukulele which makes him really cool. I also like Paul because he can play like 20 instruments or something.

Favorite song:

All you need is love.

IMAXOstrum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2011, 3:57 pm

A little late to the party here, but...

1. Favorite Beatle: Hmmm, that's a hard one. At the moment, probably George Harrison.
2. Favorite Songs: Now this is a hard one. The best song, for me, in technical terms is "Strawberry Fields Forever". It is good because it's a personal song, too. Favorite? Hard for me to choose, I love 95% of The Beatles' songs. (The other 5% are songs that are good, but not all the great) Best albums, I think, are "Sgt. Pepper" and "Abbey Road" with "Revolver" and The White Album by a close second.

ElmersTrueLove
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2024, 12:22 pm

favorite song: Penny Lane and Yellow Submarine
Favorite Abbum: Yellow Submarine

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 12:43 pm

1. Favorite Beatle - George and John. Not a Paul fan past 1966.

2. Favorite songs - Plural?

In My Life, Here There and Everywhere, Sun King, Something, Two of Us, For No One, Hey Bulldog, While My Guitar, literally the entire Revolver album (esp. She Says She Says, Tax Man, And Your Bird, I'm Only Sleeping, Love You To, Good Day Sunshine, Tomorrow Never Knows), Across the Universe, Abbey Road medley, If I Fell, You're Gonna Lose that Girl, HELP, The Night Before, Ticket to Ride, All of Sgt Peppers, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, I Saw Her Standing There, Sour Milk Sea, Glass Onion, Helter Skelter demos, Nowhere Man, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Dear Prudence, Please Please Me, Norwegian Wood (early demo with sitar), One After 909, I've Got a Feeling, All My Loving, Here Comes the Sun, Sexy Sadie, I Me Mine, I'm So Tired, Blackbird, Magical Mystery Tour, Fool on the Hill, The Ballad of John & Yoko, Back in the USSR, For You Blue, Long Long Long, Dig a Pony, Dig It, She Loves You, Blue Jay Way, It's All Too Much, Inner Light, I Want You (She's So Heavy), Twist n Shout, Don't Let Me Down, Within You Without You, You Won't See Me, Girl, Think For Yourself, Child of Nature / Road to Marrakesh, Revolution 1, Paperback Writer, If I Needed Someone, The Night Before, Drive My Car, Baby You're a Rich Man, RAIN.

Basically every song ever written with Brian Epstein, and then the Esher / Glyn Johns Demos of everything after.
Anthology is great.

Not a big fan of:

Yesterday, Michelle, Yellow Submarine, Ob-La-Di, Hey Jude, Lucy in the Sky, Let it Be, Come Together, Strawberry Fields, Eleanor Rigby, and The Long & Winding Road

I love the original versions of LWR pre-Phil Spector

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:17 am

I forgot one two.

https://youtu.be/ja7P5890yIM?si=4Co8_cR5j7tOouOo

https://youtu.be/a396v8kuViw?si=4Y647OSwz4jfp-23