Peter Steele RIP one year ago today.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2011, 1:14 pm

It might seem petty to some, but I truly believe we lost one of the most prolific musicians of all time on this day last year. And I for one am really missing him. I miss you Peter Steele. I am thinking about you and the other guys from Type O Negative a lot today and will probably hear nothing but your music all week if I can help it. If by chance you haven't heard the beauty that is Type O Negative, here is a link to the web page. My prayers to your sisters as well. <3 you Peter.

Type O Negative Web Page Link

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 1:44 pm

"Prolific"? Fallout recorded one album, Carnivore put out two albums, and Type O Negative released five (not counting the compilation The Least Worst Of), for a grand total of 8, over the 30-year period of 1979-2009.

For one counterexample, Rush, starting just five years earlier, is up to 27, not counting compilation albums. #28, Caravan, keeps being delayed because the guys are on tour all the time lately, but they seem to expect to have it ready for release by the end of this year.

Peter Steele was a great singer with a wonderfully quirky sense of humor ("Wolf Moon (Including Zoanthropic Paranoia)", anybody? "Christian Woman"?), and his death was a massive loss to the world of music and the world at large. His spread in Playgirl also left a lot of us guys feeling kind of... inadequate. "Prolific", though, not so much. :)

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2011, 1:56 pm

Ah, well. Prolificness is in the eye of the beholder I guess LOL, but I do have to agree with you about Rush LOL I said Peter was ONE of the most, Rush would definitely be the most :D

They were the most prolific in their particular STYLE of music I guess would be better to say.

One more edit LOL..... His Playgirl spread scared the hell out of me LMAO

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

I think World Coming Down was the last really good Type O album, and when I saw them live they were absolutely horrible. But regardless, I still love the old material (especially Bloody Kisses) and of course it's very sad that Peter Steele died.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 10:08 am

I posted a thing on Facebook about his passing yesterday. I can't believe its been a year already. Last year was a bad year for rock. Ronnie James Dio, Peter Steele, Paul Gray......