Celebrate Neurodiversity computer background

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm

I took an image from Google, edited it some so the colors were more purple :), then added the logo and typed Celebrate NeuroDiversity. Feel free to use it as your background for work, school, or just as a reminder at home that you are different, not less. I made it because things have been difficult for me at the office and I am afraid I might not be as welcomed as I thought, now that I've had a complaint about oversharing and have had a public meltdown with flapping and crying. We can still contribute so much to this world. :heart:

https://pasteboard.co/IYNiibG.jpg

Diagnosed with ADHD, general anxiety disorder, chronic severe depression. In the process of obtaining an ASD diagnosis.

AQ from Psychology Tools: 45

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 4:13 pm

Nice image!

I'm going to keep the current background of my wife on our honeymoon: but I really like it! :D

Did read your post about your difficulties at work, and felt sympathy :heart:

When I tried working in an office environment I found it very difficult... so difficult that twelve years on I’m actually thankful too the manager who fired me and asked me not to bother working my notice! :lol:

Good for you for managing to keep at it, and be in a position of some trust from what you wrote. :D

Didn’t comment there because I’m functionally unemployable and had nothing useful to offer in the way of advice & c... I’ve opted for self-employed manual labour instead!

Keep bouncing! :bounce: :wink:

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2020, 4:47 pm

Karamazov wrote:
Nice image!

I'm going to keep the current background of my wife on our honeymoon: but I really like it! :D

Did read your post about your difficulties at work, and felt sympathy :heart:

When I tried working in an office environment I found it very difficult... so difficult that twelve years on I’m actually thankful too the manager who fired me and asked me not to bother working my notice! :lol:

Good for you for managing to keep at it, and be in a position of some trust from what you wrote. :D

Didn’t comment there because I’m functionally unemployable and had nothing useful to offer in the way of advice & c... I’ve opted for self-employed manual labour instead!

Keep bouncing! :bounce: :wink:

Thanks! I chuckled at "keep bouncing" :lol:
I have thought about being self-employed. I am just afraid that I won't earn as much as I can with this firm. We have a new house and four fur babies to take care of. If I could find a way to sustainably earn a decent amount, I would absolutely go for it and not deal with this mundane job anymore. Thank you for sharing your story. It definitely sounds like you found what fits :). Best of luck to you!

Diagnosed with ADHD, general anxiety disorder, chronic severe depression. In the process of obtaining an ASD diagnosis.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 4:50 pm

That's beautiful Nic. Thank you!

Any info from your assessment yet?

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 5:13 pm

MyNameisNic wrote:
Thanks! I chuckled at "keep bouncing" :lol:

Excellent 8)
Quote:
I have thought about being self-employed. I am just afraid that I won't earn as much as I can with this firm.

Yes, that’s a very sensible concern: I’d be lying if I said my income was as good as it would have been if I’d been capable of the office environment: the salary I was on in 2008 would be a bit over $28,000 correcting for inflation and converted into your money (I checked)... our total household income is now less than that, I’m happier, but that’s in part down to other factors as well. (Moved over 200 miles, new relationship, had the moment when someone says “you know all these difficulties you’ve had all your life, well, I reckon...”)
Quote:
Thank you for sharing your story. It definitely sounds like you found what fits :). Best of luck to you!

No worries :)
Yep, less lifestyle: but a better suited lifestyle to me as a one-off individual :wink:
Thank you :bounce: :D

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2020, 9:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Nope, still waiting. I have been diagnosed with ADHD twice before, so I'm really just waiting on the ASD portion.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2020, 9:27 am

MyNameisNic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Nope, still waiting. I have been diagnosed with ADHD twice before, so I'm really just waiting on the ASD portion.

Waiting is the hardest part!

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2020, 9:31 am

Karamazov wrote:
Yep, less lifestyle: but a better suited lifestyle to me as a one-off individual :wink:
Thank you :bounce: :D

That's true success, to live in a way that makes you happy. I am frugal and hate shopping (whether that be a mall or shopping center). If it weren't for the medical bills and house payments, I would have quit a long time ago. It's a lot of change to move 200 miles away and start a business. All of what you said is a huge accomplishment. I hope you continue to reap the rewards of self-employment and living life on your own terms. Thanks!!
:bounce:

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2020, 10:11 am

^ Shopping! How dare you swear like that in my presence! :lol:

I’d never have pulled it off without my wife’s guidance :heart:

Coolness 8) :bounce: 8)

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2020, 10:18 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Waiting is the hardest part!

Haha! I will find out today. I've been "working" and not actually working online because I can't think about anything else. I find out in exactly 3 hours and 14 minutes 8O sooooo nervous that I'll get misdiagnosed or no diagnosis at all. This woman was the one who within our first session immediately started asking me questions about whether or not I had been abused as a child, something her dissertation was on (I Googled her). It seemed irrelevant. I told her I was wayyyy past it but she kept trying to go back to it :face palm:. I'm holding out hope though, because the test is calculated and not purely interpreted by her. Breathe Nic, breathe!

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2020, 3:17 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=385758&p=8478489#p8478489

I received a 7 on the ADOS2, but the psychologist thinks it's something else. I got misdiagnosed... exactly what I was afraid of!! !! :cry: