Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2016, 8:18 pm

I've started writing some short stories recently. So far, I've got four. I have an idea for a fifth but I'm not sure when I'll get to writing it. One of them isn't technically a story, more a philosophy(?) in a sense.

I was hoping to submit them to somewhere like CreepyPasta (I love that site, but I heard they got stingy as to what kinds of works they let onto their main page. I don't think I'm quite that caliber of writer).

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some more written and then maybe see if they're taking submissions. If they get rejected, I'll just post them on this forum (not on this thread; I'm not going to necro).

I started writing them on my phone, so I'll be shifting them to my computer and then I'll edit them, increase the longevity and make some adjustments. I personally don't think they're strictly all that good but I'm hoping that at least some people will enjoy them.

Well, that's just a little heads up. They're my first full works, I believe, so I'm excited to see how they'll be received (if not CreepyPasta, there are many other places I can post to).

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2016, 7:37 am

I don't see why you wouldn't post your work here, unless you're looking for feedback and you wish to keep that separate in between stories. Several members of WP have kept their writing to one thread, and those seem to have dropped off from inactivity rather than any meaningful moderation. (I could be wrong on that last point, though.)

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2016, 8:08 am

I have an interest in stories as well. I occasionally whip up some fanfiction now and then, but I might make some short slice-of-life stories very soon :)