Does Anyone Think Lady GaGa has Asperger's Syndrome?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mikerl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jun 2011, 5:35 am

Reproduced from YAHOO ANSWERS
url:http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100220225248AACmaG1

I'm also a very big fan of Lady GaGa I listen to all her songs and watch all her video's and interviews and read about her life story. In many of her interviews she has stated that in real life she feels that she feels she can't relate with many other people and says she has trouble interacting and socializing with other people. In her interviews she comes accross as a very gentle young woman who is very caring and supportive towards her fans, family and the disadvantaged/poor people. She has also said she was picked on and was a shy girl in school who didn't fit in and for her whole life she has felt like a freak she has said. And she says she makes her music, fashion and music videos they way they are to express her individuality and to show it's ok to be different and to show that it's ok to just be yourself and ro not worry what other people think of you and to do what makes you feel comfortable, and GaGa certainly doesnot care what other people think of her, just like I don't care what other people think of me. She is also very focussed and gifted in one area which is music/entertainment. She once said in an interview "For the rest of my life I will never wake up in the morning thinking about another person or being in a serious relationship because I'm already married to my music". Which just gives you an indication that she is a very dedicated and talented young woman in one area being music and entertainment. So I Would like to hear what some of you people out there think?

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 5:50 am

Quote:
Does Anyone Think Lady GaGa has Asperger's Syndrome?

No.

mikerl wrote:
...GaGa certainly doesnot care what other people think of her...

W...T...F?!?! No.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 7:52 am

Not all weirdos are Aspies.

:roll:

to his Interest."

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 7:56 am

I don't think she's aspie. I know it's nice to imagine we have something in common with our "heroes", but this "pin the tail on the donkey" approach to claiming everyone we like as aspie isn't terribly helpful. Please don't think I'm trying to be mean, or pick on you, but I really don't think she's got asperger's. I think she's very peculiar... but that don't make her aspie.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 8:03 am

All of the young folks here either totally love or totally hate Lady GaGA.
Another poster called upon all aspies "to see through Lady Gaga".
I have no problem with her. Her music is certainly no worse than most current top 40.

Is she herself an aspie?

Its hard to say.
Aparently she does have some aspergian traits-if what you're saying is true.
It may or may not add up to a DX.

But one of her hit songs certainly could be an aspie anthem: "Born This Way".
So if even if she isnt an aspie an aspie can find inspiration in her as a performer.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 8:14 am

Everyone has at least a bit of Asperger in him^^. That's what makes us and NTs have at least some things in common, like the being obsessed over things from time to time, acting weird and the will to be alone sometimes. Lady Gaga has no AS at all, she's just a cuckoo.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

I think she may touch the spectrum a little. I saw her interview with Barbara Walters and I felt very connected with the way she said she didn't want kids to feel like a freak, like she did.

TheSnarkKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2011, 8:18 pm

Histrionic personality disorder seems like a more likely diagnosis. A few weeks ago it was reported that she was bankrupt and $3 million in debt because she blew all of her money on those insane costumes of hers (if that isn't the definition of conspicuous consumption, I don't know what is). Her eccentricities make Michael Jackson look like Hank Hill by comparison.

mikerl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jun 2011, 4:53 am

TheSnarkKnight wrote:
Histrionic personality disorder seems like a more likely diagnosis. A few weeks ago it was reported that she was bankrupt and $3 million in debt because she blew all of her money on those insane costumes of hers (if that isn't the definition of conspicuous consumption, I don't know what is). Her eccentricities make Michael Jackson look like Hank Hill by comparison.

just make me more love her.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 5:56 am

Wouldn't be surprised.

I don't really care for diagnosing people though. Especially since none of us are likely professionally trained in this subject.

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 2:39 am

No but she's a sympathizer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 5:46 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Not all weirdos are Aspies.

:roll:

Then again, all Aspies are weirdos. Speaking for myself.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

Do you honestly think a girl with aspergers would do something like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvkJFWSLbw4[/youtube]

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 6:23 pm

I heard an interview with Shirley Manson(Garbage) saying the same things about being picked on. Doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Visitor1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm

I would guess she has traits of Aspergers in the way that she seems to hide behind an image - unless she's heavily influenced by someone. Lana Del Rey?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 11:49 pm

Visitor1 wrote:
I would guess she has traits of Aspergers in the way that she seems to hide behind an image - unless she's heavily influenced by someone. Lana Del Rey?

Hiding behind an image is, if anything, a sign of being NOT on the autism spectrum. Autistically inclined people have trouble even dressing for a job interview.