Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TiredOfBeingHuman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Nov 2014, 4:46 am

Do you have any tattoos? Show them off here!!

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

Got this done in November 2012.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm

Sorry, that link does not work.

I wish I could actually upload photos.

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2014, 2:38 am

theres two of mine. thats the nirvana smiley face on my hand, ive got the in utero angel tattooed up my arm above it. ive got a couple more but none i could get a good angle on with my crappy webcam.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:25 am

" Show them off here"

^^^ Further advancing my belief that many people get tattoos in order to get attention. Sorry, I abhor tattoos. Not meaning to troll. This is just one of those things that supremely irritates me.

TiredOfBeingHuman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2014, 4:14 am

Then you shouldn't pay attention to a post about tattoos, Khaoz. Now get out.

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2014, 1:43 pm

khaoz wrote:
" Show them off here"

^^^ Further advancing my belief that many people get tattoos in order to get attention. Sorry, I abhor tattoos. Not meaning to troll. This is just one of those things that supremely irritates me.

When a person buys a piece of art, do they not display it on their wall for others to see? When a person buys a tee shirt with a print, do they not wear it out in public for others to see? When a person gets their picture taken, is it not for others to see? Tattoos are most often beautiful art and there is nothing wrong with sharing them.

I believe you get my point. Whatever resentment you carry for people sharing their tattoos with one another you need to let go of, your aggression towards a persons free will to look at and enjoy tattoos as a form of art only causes you alone a great deal of strife and it expresses to others blatant bigotry which does not reflect well upon yourself. It is trolling, you could have just ignored the post but instead you chose otherwise.

Just as you may not want to be judged for being different, you should never judge others for being different than you.

Last edited by LoveforLoki on 17 Nov 2014, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

123entropy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2014, 1:48 pm

Loveforloki: Your arm looks amazing.

khaoz: Most of the people I've encountered who are vocal about their tattoo hatred have been very boring individuals who likely harbor jealousy for those with the courage to be non-conformists.

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2014, 1:53 pm

123entropy wrote:
Loveforloki: Your arm looks amazing.

Thank you kindly, I always wear long sleeves (even in the summer) due to sensory issues so I do not get a chance to show them to others often.

TiredOfBeingHuman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2014, 3:29 pm

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

17 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

khaoz wrote:
" Show them off here"

Than again, there are things that some people don't want to show others. Some people are uncomfortable showing off. So they hide it. That way no one can see what is going on. Like what happens in my mind. Forever watching my back.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Nov 2014, 10:13 pm

You all have awesome tattoos!

@LoveforLoki: Yours are absolutely stunning! I'm dying to know where you got the trees done, those are amazing!

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

18 Nov 2014, 10:57 pm

Loveforlorki

You must have an exceptional tolerance for pain. that is alot of work. I never had a tattoo before. That was my only one. I got it all done on an 8 hour sit. After about the forth or fifth hour, I had no endorphins, or any other drug my brain could produce left. It hurt like hell. Especially the lower part if my spine when he was doing the hair. I dont want to do it again. He said he went good and deep to make sure the color penetrated. like no s**t! I thought I had a high tolerance for pain until he did this. You have an exceptional artist doing your work. Looks nice.

Nice 3d looking work on tiredofbeinghuman too. Im sure the inside of the arm felt real good too. :lol:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 2:10 am

I would like at least one, but do not have any yet.

123entropy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

I have a full backpiece of a rather bizarre sci-fi outer space scene (all black and grey,) but I don't like the idea of posting myself topless on the internet, even from the back.

aceyArisen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2014, 3:18 pm

I only have one so far, but I have a LOT more planned!

It's the Time Player symbol from Homestuck, and it's associated with my favorite character from the comic (Aradia, who is the girl in my avatar), who is a MAJOR inspiration to me and whose story arc has helped me through some of my hardest times.

Here's the full story behind it, if you're curious. (As a warning, there are mentions of suicidal thoughts in there, so proceed with caution.)