Indie bands that people may have not heard of.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

flyingninja123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2014, 10:05 am

Does anyone know of any good indie bands out there? I am always looking for new and interesting music. Thanks all

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 1:18 pm

The Stone Roses - best indie band ever.

sapere_aude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

Any particular styles or bands (that we might have heard of) you like? Also, where do you live? I don't know many obscure bands but I might know some that haven't spread spread outside the UK

T_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2014, 2:16 pm

I'd highly recommend Belle and Sebastian if you haven't heard of them already

I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy...

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 3:48 pm

I'm also looking for interesting indie bands to listen to. Shoegaze and deam pop are my favorite genre. I also like The Strokes style of music with good guitar solos. Any recommendations?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 8:57 am

Yuzu wrote:
I'm also looking for interesting indie bands to listen to. Shoegaze and deam pop are my favorite genre. I also like The Strokes style of music with good guitar solos. Any recommendations?

I know a bunch of obscure Indonesian bands that are sorta dream pop/shoegazeish. Check out Melancholic b***h, Negative Lovers, and AreYouAlone. If you can handle a bit heavier stuff, Ovlov might be worth checking out, and they aren't really obscure, but Deftones also has some lots of good shoegaze/dream pop influenced songs. Also, if you can handle some "screaming", Deafheaven, Alcest, Cold Body Radiation and An Autumn for Crippled Children make good music made from shoegaze and black metal, I think Alcest's latest album is pure shoegaze.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 10:42 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

I know a bunch of obscure Indonesian bands that are sorta dream pop/shoegazeish. Check out Melancholic b***h, Negative Lovers, and AreYouAlone. If you can handle a bit heavier stuff, Ovlov might be worth checking out, and they aren't really obscure, but Deftones also has some lots of good shoegaze/dream pop influenced songs. Also, if you can handle some "screaming", Deafheaven, Alcest, Cold Body Radiation and An Autumn for Crippled Children make good music made from shoegaze and black metal, I think Alcest's latest album is pure shoegaze.

Hey, thanks for the list! I checked out Alcest, Negative Lovers, Ovlov and AreYouAlone so far. Ovlov is more grungy punk but also a bit of shoegaze but it is a bit heavy for my liking. AreYouAlone, (only listened to one song) was like J-pop, not really my sorta music.
Alcest seems more polished but I don't know what to think of their music. And I really liked one song by Negative Lovers on Youtube.
I'll check out other bands later.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

Hey, thanks for the list! I checked out Alcest, Negative Lovers, Ovlov and AreYouAlone so far. Ovlov is more grungy punk but also a bit of shoegaze but it is a bit heavy for my liking. AreYouAlone, (only listened to one song) was like J-pop, not really my sorta music.
Alcest seems more polished but I don't know what to think of their music. And I really liked one song by Negative Lovers on Youtube.
I'll check out other bands later.

My brother describes Ovlov as a mix of hardcore punk and shoegaze. Anyway, if they're too heavy most of Deftones would probably be too heavy, but I'd recommend the songs "Be Quiet and Drive Far Away", "Teenager", "Pink Cellphone", "Sextape", and "Cherry Waves" to you.

As for bands like the Strokes with good solos, the closest I can think of is the White Stripes, but my brother might know some as he is more into that kind of music than I am. Dinosaur Jr., if you don't know them already, has some really great solos, like in "Pick Me Up", and has an noisy indie sound like the Strokes, and also are a precursor to shoegaze. I don't really know any indie bands in this territory, that's more of my brother's thing.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Jul 2014, 3:15 am

I like Starf*cker. I went to go see them in a local concert once, and they were pretty good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8oYH_bhnA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodDJEE49V0[/youtube]

Punk89
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2014, 6:15 pm

Some good bands are; Tullycraft, Mineral, American Football, The Promise Ring, Rites Of Spring, Lifetime, Jawbreaker, Cub, The Vaselines, Beat Happening, Young Marble Giants, Marine Girls, Television Personalities, The Unicorns, The Verlaines, Moldy Peaches, Magnetic Fields.

SockySockington
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2014, 8:32 pm

Listen to me! :D

Nah, kidding. I'm not going to put you through that, I'm still a complete amateur. Instead I'll recommend Pants Yell! for you.

something_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2014, 3:34 pm

mount eerie, cloud nothings, frog eyes, neutral milk hotel, galaxy 500, black heart procession, the wrens, the unicorns, of montreal

some of my favourites

Rollo
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2014, 6:23 pm

I like Seapony, and I vote for their song "Dreaming" as one of the most indie songs ever.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 8:32 pm

The Decemberists are a great folk band if you're interested.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

Try Atoms for Peace. I believe its Thom Yorke and 2 fellows from Ultraista. Hundred Waters and the Long lost are rather lovely too

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

CoffinCrawler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Aug 2014, 8:37 pm

if you're into shoegaze then i imagine you've already listened to my bloody valentine and slowdive... am i right?