Page 334 of 393 [ 6280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337 ... 393  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 May 2015, 9:02 pm

As of the time I am submitting this bit of artwork, we are roughly a week away from another Canadian Football League season (the preseason, the regular season starts in July), and to celebrate, I thought I'd have two of my favorite cartoon mascots of the now show some pride in the CFL!

On the left, we have Olaf from Disney's Frozen showing his pride in the BC Lions (and I apologize if I messed up the proportions of his head), and on the right, Doraemon showing his Green Rider Pride- with the Saskatchewan Roughriders! :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

jl7711
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2015, 8:46 pm

TheAvenger161173 wrote:
Image Image

Wow, absolutely incredible!

jl7711
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2015, 8:51 pm

It's not finished yet. Been a while since I've worked on it. I need to add a bee or something

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2015, 2:52 am

jl7711 wrote:
TheAvenger161173 wrote:
Image Image

Thank you. Its acrylic on canvas. Il throw some of my other pieces up.

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2015, 2:58 am

TheAvenger161173 wrote:
jl7711 wrote:
TheAvenger161173 wrote:
Image Image

Thank you. Its acrylic on canvas. Il throw some of my other pieces up.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2015, 3:19 pm

jl7711
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2015, 3:20 pm

TheAvenger161173 wrote:

Once again, stunning work. Just the detail and color matching along the.. uhm... muzzle/nose (ha, probably not the correct term for a horse) is almost true to life. Very very well done! Is this what you do professionally?

jl7711
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2015, 3:21 pm

Hypnotized wrote:

Whoa! Too cool! Folded paper? How long did this take?

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2015, 3:51 pm

jl7711 wrote:
Hypnotized wrote:

Whoa! Too cool! Folded paper? How long did this take?

Yeah it is folded paper! It's called 3D origami. I think this took me about... 1, maybe 2 weeks.

moknin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2015, 11:16 pm

ImageImage

The first character in the first work of my project to imitate the Osprey's series of military illustration books, under the tentative title "Hong Kong Revolution 2017"

I intended to finish the drawing first before doing the writing which I love to do more than the drawing, but since I can't wait anyway I may as well type it here as a draft.

...The Localist revolutionaries wear the uniform of the local: jeans, sneaker, garment of any brand and makes, but it wasn't uncommon for different factions to print their own uniform, which typically come in the form of a T-shirt or jacket with a political slogan or the organisation's name printed on the chest or midsection. In fact, it had been commonly practiced by political parties and campaigners long before the Revolution. In this case, the slogan is 身土不二, which roughly translated into "one's body and one's soil are not separated", a slogan originated from Muji-era Japan but is often attributed to ancient China initially coined to encourage Japanese citizen to buy domestically-grown food. Obviously, the phrase was given a new, quasi-nationalistic meaning as soon as the Localist movement gained momentum in Hong Kong by 2014. Surgical mask was commonly worn both to conceal one's identity and to keep away dust and dirt in the field, but its use in political struggles predated the Revolution such as its very wide distribution among the citizenry during the Umbrella Movement of 2014. Remarkably, Wearing the mask in public was not considered conspicuous as Hong Kong was regularly hit by epidemics, so much so that the mask, commonly available in white, light green or light blue color, was purchasable in any convenient store and dispensary for very cheap prices.

Most of the militia's equipment and virtually all of their armament came from their enemies. This fighter worn a Type-03 combat helmet, possibly captured from a PLA dead or outpost. The Kevlar-made helmet was a standard issue of the PLA. While causing slight hindrance to hearing, it offered better protection than any commercial-made helmet available to the militia and was light enough to be worn comfortably. He was lucky to have the right head size since the Type-03 only came with one generalized size, otherwise he might have to busy adjusting his helmet while in action. The helmet was coated in the Type-07 "universal-pattern" digital camouflage that featured pixel blocks of pine green, brown and black on a grey background, but its camouflaging prowess was considerably undermined by a bright yellow length of duck-tape with the phrase
共狗落地獄!("Commie Dogs Go Hell!") taped onto it. The Localist made a point of using full traditional Chinese characters rather than the simplified one, which was introduced by the Communist in 1950s.

The 5.8mm QBZ-95-1 was one of the most widely used rifle of the guerrilla. It has improved ergonomic designs such as a more convenient-placed, thumb-flipped selector and lower sights, but more importantly it was optimized to use the new DBP-10 cartridge and could still be fed with the older DBP-87. The new cartridge was much valued because it produces no fume irritating to the eyes, a common complaint of the old cartridge, allowing longer bursts to be fired comfortably. A design flaw in the DBP-10 caused the rifle to produce inconsistent grouping as its higher velocity caused the bullet's thicker copper coating to melt inside the barrel, causing mild disturbance to the trajectory of subsequent projectiles. While a thorn for professional PLA soldiers it was rarely complained by the guerrilla, who usually engaged in close-quarter street fighting where accuracy was a secondary concern and the ability to fire long bursts without hindrance was of greater importance. Like its predecessor, the QBZ-95, the weapon was also noted for lasting longer than most other firearms under the almost universal neglect of proper maintenance on the part of the untrained fighters.

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2015, 8:20 am

jl7711 wrote:
TheAvenger161173 wrote:

Once again, stunning work. Just the detail and color matching along the.. uhm... muzzle/nose (ha, probably not the correct term for a horse) is almost true to life. Very very well done! Is this what you do professionally?

Thank you. Ive not been painting long 17 months in total. I taught myself to paint. Its gathered momentum to a point where im looking to start a business. Il put some other stuff up. Image ImageImage

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2015, 11:54 am

Hypnotized wrote:

This is fantastic.

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2015, 11:57 am

jl7711 wrote:
It's not finished yet. Been a while since I've worked on it. I need to add a bee or something

Something i lack imagination. I would love to be able to do this and put stuff on paper from my imagination.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 6:58 am

jl7711, your drawing is really funny, especially the creature wearing the top hat!

:D

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2015, 3:11 am

TheAvenger161173 wrote:

I'd love to see more of your work, you're damn talanted!