Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 10:08 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Why do the sexist threads get the most replies in the L&D forum?

Because women are evil and all men are bastards.... :wink: :twisted:

how so?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2008, 11:18 pm

juliekitty wrote:
Sucks both ways, but it doesn't really help to say misogyny results from women hating men.

I admit that was short sighted of me implying that all misogyny results from that. Some misogyny undoubtedly comes from some men just being a***oles. But I've seen many a nice guy turned a***ole after a lifetime of mistreatment. I try not to let it happen to me, but sometimes I get in a mood. I usually get along with feminists fine, as long as they aren't haters. Anyway, you have my apology.

juliekitty wrote:
For another, if misogyny is caused by women hating men -- which in turn is ALSO women's fault -- then both misogyny AND misandry are women's fault. That's a pretty extreme position, yet I've seen it expressed in various ways on these forums before. I don't like it and I'll speak up when I see it, pace Voltaire.

Touchet.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 9:07 am

Thanks, it's nice to get the occasional concession on this issue. :)

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2008, 1:36 pm

LoveableNerd wrote:
But I've seen many a nice guy turned a***ole after a lifetime of mistreatment.

BINGO!! I took extreme measures to put an end to the situation once and for all. It worked! I guess some "liberated" women resent that I escaped their trap. Now I want to shout it from the rooftops for others to have the same opportunity.

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

tharn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2008, 2:41 pm

juliekitty wrote:

Kudos to juliekitty and LoveableNerd for pursuing a reasonable middle ground. I always love to see that happen! ^_^

I think the issue goes back to the Women's Rights Movement, actually. The fact that women have historically been second-class citizens with very little power over their own lives gained some political strength, and people finally started to DO something about it. This wasn't just women, of course. There were plenty of men who were eager (or at least willing) to make things right, and perhaps glad for the momentum and opportunity.

Along with new freedoms, of course, comes new responsibilities. There were (and are) a lot of women who were willing to step up to their new responsibilities. But I think there were (and are) a lot of women who want it both ways. They want all the freedoms they feel they deserve, but when it comes time to be responsible for their actions, they suddenly expect the Little Princess treatment. Meanwhile, our culture (in the USA at least) seems to permit - even glorify - that sort of behavior, and men are typically more than willing to reward it too, especially if they can get something out of the arrangement.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't regret the Women's Rights Movement. I just don't think it's over; a lot more needs to be done. There are a lot of women who are fine with only the "gimme gimme" side of equality, and it leads them to be quite inconsiderate of men. And there are a lot of men who play right into it, trying to selfishly manipulate the situation. And I don't think it does anybody any good in the long run.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 2:56 pm

tharn wrote:
juliekitty wrote:

Kudos to juliekitty and LoveableNerd for pursuing a reasonable middle ground. I always love to see that happen! ^_^

I think the issue goes back to the Women's Rights Movement, actually. The fact that women have historically been second-class citizens with very little power over their own lives gained some political strength, and people finally started to DO something about it. This wasn't just women, of course. There were plenty of men who were eager (or at least willing) to make things right, and perhaps glad for the momentum and opportunity.

Along with new freedoms, of course, comes new responsibilities. There were (and are) a lot of women who were willing to step up to their new responsibilities. But I think there were (and are) a lot of women who want it both ways. They want all the freedoms they feel they deserve, but when it comes time to be responsible for their actions, they suddenly expect the Little Princess treatment. Meanwhile, our culture (in the USA at least) seems to permit - even glorify - that sort of behavior, and men are typically more than willing to reward it too, especially if they can get something out of the arrangement.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't regret the Women's Rights Movement. I just don't think it's over; a lot more needs to be done. There are a lot of women who are fine with only the "gimme gimme" side of equality, and it leads them to be quite inconsiderate of men. And there are a lot of men who play right into it, trying to selfishly manipulate the situation. And I don't think it does anybody any good in the long run.

good post.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 7:58 pm

tharn wrote:

Unfortunately so many people in various commercial and of course legal sectors have much to gain financially from this problem as well. Being that America's so monetarily competitive and that many countries follow our suite it was bound to happen. Like anything though, backlash will happen, marriages will start being taken seriously again, but its going to most likely be a few generations where people see the full fallout and say "My parents are dips--ts, I think I'll always look to what they do and do the exact opposite" - in many cases that could be a very good thing.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 8:30 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
I guess some "liberated" women resent that I escaped their trap.

Yeah, it keeps me up nights. I had my heart set on you. :roll:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 9:37 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Why do the sexist threads get the most replies in the L&D forum?

Because women are evil and all men are bastards.... :wink: :twisted:

how so?

They aren't. My post was sarcastic. However, if you believe a lot of what you you read in here, that's the impression you'd get.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

northern_light_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2008, 1:33 pm

eh, deleted it...

Last edited by northern_light_girl on 28 May 2008, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northern_light_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2008, 1:38 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
LoveableNerd wrote:

BINGO!! I took extreme measures to put an end to the situation once and for all. It worked! I guess some "liberated" women resent that I escaped their trap. Now I want to shout it from the rooftops for others to have the same opportunity.

None of my business actually but what happened to make you take such extreme measures? :cry: I hope all is well...despite everything, you still have to try to keep a sense of humor about life and an open mind about the fact that not all people are the same and about the fact that it takes two to make a thing go right (of course, I don't know the details). What you say about women...a woman that has suffered a lot can say about men. Anyway, as I was saying, none of my business...and I don't want to make it my business by engaging in an unproductive back and forth. Hopefully you will have some positive experiences that will change your perspective a bit.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2008, 5:00 pm

northern_light_girl wrote:
tailfins1959 wrote:
LoveableNerd wrote:

None of my business actually but what happened to make you take such extreme measures? :cry: I hope all is well...despite everything, you still have to try to keep a sense of humor about life and an open mind about the fact that not all people are the same and about the fact that it takes two to make a thing go right (of course, I don't know the details). What you say about women...a woman that has suffered a lot can say about men. Anyway, as I was saying, none of my business...and I don't want to make it my business by engaging in an unproductive back and forth. Hopefully you will have some positive experiences that will change your perspective a bit.

I'll go into more detail later, but this music video sums it up pretty well:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/joe-nichols/40660/whats-a-guy-gotta-do.jhtml

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 4:44 am

Do you have to go into more detail? I think we've seen more than enough already. Would you like it if somebody said you know your place? I bet you don't.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.