Page 4 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 7:12 pm

None of you are my friends, I don't even know you.
I only consider people who I have face to face contact with to be my friends.
If you think that a bunch of people who back-pat you on stupid problems that you easily solve yourself than you need help.
Plus, you think that I give a crap about the reputation of AS?

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 7:28 pm

Look up the definition of friend in the dictionary. You will see that there is a lot of people on Wrong Planet that fit the description of friend. I personally do not know what you're going through right now, but making others feel bad is not the way to go. Why don't you get this post deleted and then start another one about what is really wrong with you and let people try to help you with what ever it is. And if they can't help the problem at least the can offer encouragement to help you through it. I have a feeling this post actually had nothing to do with how much a girl weighs, but more so you are having a bad day and needed to vent. And you're probably right it's quite possible you don't care about the reputation of people with Aspergers, but if you looked at the statistics you would see that you could quite possibly when you get married and have children have a child that has the condition. Wouldn't you want to make life better for your child? You know you can always be part of the solution or make the problem bigger....it's up to you. And most of what is written on the net besides what you see on Wrong Planet is myths concerning Aspergers. It doesn't have to be negative.........

What's normal anyway?

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 7:40 pm

Look, why exactly would I want support from people who don't even have their own s**t together?
If you feel bad from hearing the truth, then that's your problem, not mine.
I was only trying to illustrate how desperate a lot of the losers here are female companionship. They make up these stupid laundry lists and then claim that I'm shallow when I lay down my requirement.

Who the f**k are you to say how I raise my kids? Shut up and get off your high horse.

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 7:50 pm

I'm not on my high horse. And I would never tell another person how to raise their children. I just thought that you would see how important it is for people to see the truth about something that is highly misunderstood. One of my favorite people in the world has Aspergers and he actually has it together. He teaches English at a college and is quite successful at it. He also writes books that many people read, they are so widely read that the publishers ask for sequels in advance. Aspergers does not have to be negative............and whether you see it or not everyone needs someone. You're young...do you want to spend your life being misunderstood? Negative opinions breeds negative reactions from others. Look I'm NT........................and you could find others like me that only wants to learn. People who want to work to make things better...........I know you're probably shaking your head right now, but I'm going to college and I'm getting a degree with an emphasis in Autism. I plan on debunking as many myths as I can....why won't you help?

What's normal anyway?

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 8:00 pm

You should've said that in the first place
I wouldn've flamed so much
But word to the wise, this isn't a good place to get info on autistics.
I know it isn't gloom and doom, but try meeting people.
A lot of people here are faking so they can get sympathy for their problems.

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 8:15 pm

Well, I'm not faking. I'm totally devoted to a guy that has Aspergers and I've been an assistant with special needs children for seven years. I'm well on my way to getting a degree to be able to help. Everyone is not out to get you. I post questions on wrong planet sometimes, but I usually ask the person I care about when I want to know something that has to do with autism. I also have teenagers in my classroom that have autism and I am friends with each of them. You will find out when you care about someone it doesn't matter what they have or don't have. I knew what he had before he did and I'm the one that suggested he get a diagnoses. And I've read hundreds of books about autism and aspergers and I cared about him anyway. Yes, there is many people out there that get on (not so much this site), but other sites I know of that whine and grip about their spouses that have aspergers. Instead of actually trying to learn all they can about it they are so busy trying to place the blame they miss out or destroy probably the best relationship they will ever have in their life. You know I could make out my list of what I thought was a must have in a partner, but I'd rather let my heart find them for me. And by the way, the person I care about the most insists that we only be friends.

What's normal anyway?

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 8:22 pm

Sounds sad, but then again that's your life

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 8:24 pm

If you don't like the people here, leave. It's easy. Obviously you don't have anything better to do with your life if you're going to sit here offending people for no good reason. People here have real problems and need real help. Maybe not every single person, but who are you to say who does and who doesn't?

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 8:26 pm

That it is, but I'm not sad about it! I enjoy the time we spend together and he has a lot of confidence in me as a person. You should find someone that has it in you instead of fighting........we are all in this together.....and we might as well enjoy it.

What's normal anyway?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 9:11 pm

windscar15 wrote:
Sounds sad, but then again that's your life

And unfortunately for someone such as your self WindScar boy. You fail to see the context of this whole situation. For which I have no idea what it was that turned you into a petulant brat child. But the whole subtext is not lost on me. Indubitably the fact that you are an arse is besides the point, the fact that you have issues is not lost one me. The fact that you are romantically challenged is not a big thing. just a thing that will probably torment you for a good portion of the rest of your life.

And no Windscar, I'm not desparate. I'm 20, a junior in college, a writing lit major, I've dated three girls, friends with a lot more women then you will probably ever be, close to at least 4 of them, will not date them, but I will protect them with my life, and they know it and are greatful that they have a "brother" such as myself to be there for them, or to let them call me at one am in the morning to come help them out.

Unfortunately for you Scar, you're seeing the world in a total neo exuberant black and white with a bit of sepia mixed in, you're lacking in imagination, talent and otherwise your ego has taken full and total control. You make fun of others on here for not having a life, when you yourself attack them for being honest. Your stupidity apparently knows no bounds.

Neko, you are an awesome person, and by the way you're also beautiful, I compliment a lot of people and I always mean it, no matter the state of which they look like. The fact that you've withstood Scar's attacks is a good thing, there is nothing wrong with your looks or the fact that you're a BBW, you're a very attractive, and when you find the right guy or vice versa, he will agree.

Windscar, You need to consider leaving here and going somewhere else where your intolerant remarks will not raise consternation, go back to ZOMG, you probably fit in there, what with it being the fact that it's the Anti-wrong planet, and no affliation whatsoever with what Mr. Plank is trying to do, in bridging the harmony.

Oh and Sands, you're awesome too, for all that you do, the fact that you're an NT, and the fact that you're awesome

Looking at your posts, it is obvious to me that you've been shot down too many times, and as such in your defense you've turned to hating on the type of women you don't find attractive. Me? I'm a relatively thin guy, a bit of baggage in the middle, but not much, I run daily, I bike ten miles a day to and from work, and I swim almost 20 or so laps daily, plus I work for a military moving and storage facility so being in shape is one of those things that is kind of on the importance. But you attack the nature of what someone should date, it's fine if you don't want to date a BBW, but I find them attractive.

Why? Because they have a sensual grace to them, that most thin females have, but their grace comes from where the beauty has come from. I'm no Shallow Hal in all this, but at the same time, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, same as a plain jane type of girl being just as beautiful to me if not more so then one of the thin supermodel type girls that most are trying to be these days because of it being the "in" thing.

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 9:17 pm

thank you Gamester. Your post was much appreciated!

What's normal anyway?

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 9:20 pm

windscar15 babbled:

Quote:
A lot of people here are faking so they can get sympathy for their problems.

:roll:

And you wonder why you cant get laid..............

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 9:24 pm

I shouldn't, but I had to laugh at that!

What's normal anyway?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 11:21 pm

*pauses to look for passing bullets* Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln...

Well... I understand the indignation that has been shown by a lot people in this thread - but it is his opinion, he is entitled to it. He is also deserving of any consequences that his approach to the world earns him, good or bad. One can be offended without lambasting an individual. He makes a point; in the animal kingdom, the standards for mating are much more simple and based on procreation, making desirable characteristics much more relevant in that case. For humans, the same instincts may remain but with layers of cognition, perspective and morality on top that predicate and influence the decision making process. Some people are very subject to those urges and desires; others do not. There seems to be a tendency to judgment that is worrisome to me as I read recently. I do not share his opinion, but I can't slam him for his own beliefs - especially if they work for him. This isn't going to be a popular view, but since when has that been high on my list... *shakes head*

The subsequent tirade WS went on was asinine; while I will miss the conflicting viewpoints, that's just out of line. Take care.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

CoachMcGuirk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2008, 11:43 pm

Wow, what did you guys do to him?

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 11:50 pm

I think he went to bed or something. He is his own worst enemy!

What's normal anyway?