Have any of you out there been forced to be with someone?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2010, 7:42 am

Just wondering about this one, or have you been the one to have been forced into dating/sex/whatever?

Or maybe you've just known someone to have done this?

This is indeed a very wrong thing to do, sadly however I've read on the net that it can often happen.

Weather it 'worked' (for want of a better term) for any length of time on the part of the person doing this would be interesting to know too, as I'd like to know more about this so that I can avoid it happening to me in the future.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by boosterjones on 03 Dec 2010, 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 7:53 am

Pretty dodgy thread.

No, I've never dreamed of raping anyone or forcing them to be my girlfriend. And if I wanted to have sex with a woman then she wouldn't have to force me to do so.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 8:05 am

Booster, you keep coming back to this subject. What the dilly yo?

Forcing anything to happen is just against all the laws of what is useful and good and decent.

Did someone force you into a relationship?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 8:10 am

Moog wrote:
What the dilly yo?

Fo' real, dwag. Sizzle.

But no, I have not forced anyone to be my girlfriend, I don't think I could even if I wanted to, and if I did it'd be illegal.

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2010, 8:28 am

Moog wrote:
Did someone force you into a relationship?

Well as it happened, it kinda did but it also kinda didn't, you see one time I was asked out by a girl, who although I did not fancy her I was still none the less her friend and as I did not wish to hurt her feelings I played along with her for a while.

Although in the end I told her the truth of the matter (and now have a GF that I really do fancy) and we are still friends, it kinda was on my mind at the time.

Yes it's nothing compared to what's happened to others, but I wanted to tell you guy's and gals about it.

Goodbye Till Next Time

P.S. I also do agree that it is a very wrong (the posts that I put up in the past were just rants) thing to do

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 8:55 am

I have never done this.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 10:00 am

You might want to read your OP again - the way you phrased it you're talking about kidnapping or rape.

If you are, this thread has no place here, if you aren't I suggest you edit your post in a way that reflects it better.

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2010, 10:21 am

I've just reread my OP and I've redone it in order to (hopefully) make my point come across better.

Sorry to have coursed any concern.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 10:28 am

Maybe what you mean (judging by the example you give about your friend) is more along the lines of pressuring or being very insistent with someone?

Because if you really talk about forcing someone to have sex I don't think anyone would admit it here anyway 8O

If you're interested in the subject, the Adult Forum might be a better choice for posting - *just a thought*

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 10:56 am

yes, I have been raped and forced to 'be' with my attacker until I could get away.
But it seems you mean 'socially' forced to 'be' with someone. I don't know how people would put up with that if they could escape.

Merle

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 11:03 am

I pressured someone into a relationship, though it never got fully physical, and when I finally realized how repulsive or how much of a hindrance I was to the person, we broke it off. It was a result of my relative lack of experience and my skewed expectations -- my previous GF (the only one I had had at the time) had been very aggressive and also very high libido, so it sort of ruined my perspective of what a normal relationship is to other people.

The girl expressed initially her reluctance to have a relationship, but demurred -- I think that given her looks (she was relatively homely) and mine (I'm relatively handsome), she probably thought she would look weird or be suspected as a lesbian (not a bad thing, but back then there were still a lot of people who were closeted in their teens and were just discovering themselves in college) -- so she went along, and it was a disaster. About 1 1/2 months later, we broke up, and it turned relatively nasty within a month of that. Still to this day, the person won't talk to me.

I do want to point out that this wasn't one-sided -- she apparently may have also had social issues, and was sending cues that for most straight women would indicate interest -- in her case, she was just attention hungry, eccentric, and kind of a nut. So touching me, massaging my hands, being very forward -- I took that as interest, and her reluctance as the usual "not wanting to show one's cards".

So I had a lot of guilt and anger about the whole thing -- guilt for pushing someone where they didn't want to go, and for wasting someone's first month or so as a Freshman, socially (however, she did join a sport near the end of our thing, and had instant friends, while I pretty much languished alone after these events for about 6 months, getting used intermittently by women during that period, never to my benefit) -- Anger because I felt like I had wasted time, energy, and really put myself out there (I did stuff never would do again, like dance, do social things I wasn't comfortable with, etc.), and been led on. I also was pretty much off-limits for most of the women around me after this, at least the ones I liked -- no one wanted to go where the other girl had been.

It was probably an honest mistake for both of us, but one that led to a lot of personal rancor and acrimony down the road. Seems like both of us are still angry about the whole thing.

So when I chime on here with advice telling people to watch out for lack of interest or to not read in too much or have a bias that might cloud your judgment of someone's desire for you, this is why. I got burned, and don't like to see others make the same mistake. Since then I have had great relationships and gotten a lot better about detecting interest (and been long married).