Adults: How did you find your significant other?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Koi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2012, 8:22 pm

I've been wondering how I'll ever find someone (or how they'll find me), and how my Aspergers may interfere. So, those married or those with partners/long-term relationships-that-aren't-necessarily-marriages, how did you guys meet? And how is it going?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

i met my husband at work. we'll have our third anniv. in may. we're happy.

Koi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2012, 8:31 pm

cathylynn wrote:
I met my husband at work. we'll have our third anniv. in may. we're happy.

Where do you work?

kojot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2012, 2:26 am

Koi wrote:
I've been wondering how I'll ever find someone (or how they'll find me), and how my Aspergers may interfere. So, those married or those with partners/long-term relationships-that-aren't-necessarily-marriages, how did you guys meet? And how is it going?

Some of my gfs I've meet at school/university, one I meet on the street and one in the pub (we have a common friend) and one through the Internet, one knew my previous gf and one in student's organization we were both volunteers in.

Only my last two relationships were good (2,5 and 7 years) and current one is exceptional (1 year so far) :)

I just never give up. If it's my dream I'll get it now matter what. Question of determination and self-change.

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2012, 2:55 am

I'm on OKC and in fact I've just messaged a guy about 2 minutes ago :)
Internet dating may not be for everyone but I'm remaining positive and I have had no success in the real world whilst trying to meet anyone.