Do you find it hard expressing your sexuality?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bellissima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2012, 9:02 pm

I find it extremely difficult around people, although I know how to.

Morningstar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2012, 11:53 pm

To me it's just something very personal and sacred that I don't want to share with others. It's hard for me to trust others with anything personal if I think it has the potential to be judged or used against me.

I don't mind if others are sexually open around me (as long as they're not flirting with me, since I'm married) or if I'm in a conversation about sex in general.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 11:56 pm

Yup, although I've been striving to overcome it. There is nothing wrong with it, really.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2012, 12:01 am

Yes it's hard to discuss my sexuality with anyone, even hubby. But a general sex talk is ok.

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 12:02 am

It's easy for me to discuss sexual topics. The problem is that no one else wants to hear it.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

I don't really feel comfortable doing it around most people, unless it's with a GF who is someone I am really comfortable around and can be open to. If someone brings it up, I may open up about it. Sometimes if I have a question, I may ask it too, but I don't go out of my way to talk about sex related things, and I usually don't feel comfortable when I do talk about these things. Like some of my forum threads in the adult section, asking questions, I don't really feel comfortable talking about it, but I ask anyway. I think the reason is, is because I don't want to creep anybody out by talking about sex and that sort of stuff, because it can creep some people out even if it's normal sex related stuff. There is nothing wrong with a some sex talk though, just has to be around the right people I think.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 2:01 am

I find it interesting that the majority of you are classifying "expressing" your sexuality as something that is solely in the verbal realm of discussion.

No, I have no problem expressing my sexuality when it comes to physically, I don't even think about it, it just happens.

Actually, talking about it is much more difficult because I have to organise and verbalise ideas and it requires a lot of thought first.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 2:22 am

I don't know what i come across in regardsi to my sexuality. Mine is very fluid or so it seems to others (only one person knows the real truth), i have random people ask if i am lesbian but then i get attention from men too. I have a partner so all i care about is if he finds me attractive. :-) He says I am a 9/10. That is all I care about.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 5:00 am

Nah.
Not that I have many opportunities to. Around my students it's just inappropriate and never seems relevant to their musical development (keep your wrists ABOVE the level of the keyboard. I like men!), and at orchestra whenever I try to the conductor is all like "STFU Rachel, we're trying to rehearse, not listen to you express your sexuality.".

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

It depends on what you mean. I can talk about it and make the occasional joke about it as a general topic but actually doing anything? Probably not. Then again, I have no experience in this area and would need someone with infinite patience that I shared a mutual attraction with to bring me out of my shell in this area. At my age though, this is not likely to happen.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

To be honest, I am not sure what you mean by "expressing your sexuality". If it means if I am capable of showing I am interested in women, the answer is... I am not sure. I generally do not show any sign of feeling sexual attraction for anybody, but I comment with my friends when we see an attractive woman. Apparently, most of my friends thought I was either asexual or simply not yet interested (which, at least until a few months ago, was not that far from the truth). To this day, I never showed any sign of affection towards another person, not even the girl I have a crush on.

Bellissima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
To be honest, I am not sure what you mean by "expressing your sexuality". If it means if I am capable of showing I am interested in women, the answer is... I am not sure. I generally do not show any sign of feeling sexual attraction for anybody, but I comment with my friends when we see an attractive woman. Apparently, most of my friends thought I was either asexual or simply not yet interested (which, at least until a few months ago, was not that far from the truth). To this day, I never showed any sign of affection towards another person, not even the girl I have a crush on.

I am just like you! Its hard for me to show affection to people, even my family. :oops:

matchbox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

Morningstar wrote:
To me it's just something very personal and sacred that I don't want to share with others. It's hard for me to trust others with anything personal if I think it has the potential to be judged or used against me.

+1

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2012, 8:30 pm

It depends on the situation. I wouldn't dare display my sexuality in public 'cos I'll be perceived as a whore or slut. I think that there are plenty of whores and sluts out there in the world, what's one more? Until men cease being selfish and ungrateful towards us women, only then I'd be comfortable with my sexuality.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

Are you talking about sex drive or sexuality?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 10:02 pm

I don't really have a clear idea of what expressing sexuality is supposed to mean.