Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm

Autinger wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Sarthos wrote:
What's that system exactly? Sounds like watching out for popular or pretty people

My system involves a database of 'people types' in my head to which I match up any new person.
Most will be 'generic herd follower' and hence be of no interest to me (and invariably vice versa).
Occasionally a person I can't categorise will come along and these types are of interest to me as the fact they aren't generic usually means they are of above average intelligence and are individuals with a mind of their own. I will make more effort to try and get to know a person like this if they are friendly.

Ha, I do that too.

Do you also feel this comes from "being above" the social structure and understanding it to a level most people can't because they are right in the middle of it?

Like most conversations with these "generic types" are really boring because I know what they are going to say and do and can run "intellectual circles around them" and turn it into some kind of game whether they can catch on I'm mocking the type of simple minded person they are or not. I've always felt I was an extremely intelligent alien sent to earth to observe and test "the humans". Like in some star trek episode where they go visit some ancient civilization and judge the people in their backwards illogical caveman behaviour and try to help them overcome some disaster by having to explain it with hand puppets. Or with the help of that one really smart "scientist" who's able to breach the gap between the two.

Yes, but I wouldn't say 'above', more like on the outside. I have a lot of what I'd term 'meta' conversations with friends about how people communicate as opposed to what they are communicating about, which I know would be seen as bizarre by the average person as they just don't analyse things in that way.

I don't consider myself particularly intelligent but the subject matter of most peoples' conversations isn't that interesting as it just seems to be endless repetition on a theme with no real analysis, information exchange or new ideas. I don't feel any desire to test or help them really I prefer to get any interactions over with ASAP so I can get away from them and back to
my own little world where I can research and talk in a way I want to about subjects that interest me. I see my role as having to humour and tolerate them and try not to lose my temper with them.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

infilove wrote:
I liked this one girl for awhile and finally decided to tell her how i feel in a letter, with flattering compliments from the hear, and asked her to by my boyfriend. I folded the letter and put the letter in front of her door by the porch.

Here was her response via voice message:

"OMG you did not just write all that and not even put that in an envelope! My landlord could have saw that. There is something seriously wrong with you. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!! !! !! ! There is something wrong with you! (and then she hung up)."

Yes maybe i should have put it in an envelope and folded it but I still found that to be a nasty response after writing pouring my heart out into it and this is someone who considered to be my friend prior too!

What if she's an aspie, and totally likes you, but is ultra focused on the fact that the letter wasn't in an envelope? Just give it to her again in an envelope. Double envelope it even....

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
infilove wrote:
I liked this one girl for awhile and finally decided to tell her how i feel in a letter, with flattering compliments from the hear, and asked her to by my boyfriend. I folded the letter and put the letter in front of her door by the porch.

Here was her response via voice message:

"OMG you did not just write all that and not even put that in an envelope! My landlord could have saw that. There is something seriously wrong with you. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!! !! !! ! There is something wrong with you! (and then she hung up)."

Yes maybe i should have put it in an envelope and folded it but I still found that to be a nasty response after writing pouring my heart out into it and this is someone who considered to be my friend prior too!

What if she's an aspie, and totally likes you, but is ultra focused on the fact that the letter wasn't in an envelope? Just give it to her again in an envelope. Double envelope it even....

Or there's that possibility that she wasn't into you at all. Maybe you didn't come off as the guy who is "the chaser." She probably thought you were crazy.

JanJan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

Worst rejection line: "I WILL NEVER DATE YOU!"
At that point I just sat there and shut down. it's like my head collapsed on itself. :(

Erocitnam
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2012, 9:12 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
You guys need to learn to put women in their places.

Our places? >_>

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

Wolfheart wrote:

It definitely is something that a lot of people on here have to work on.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 1:28 am

Erocitnam wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Our places? >_>

For instance, not putting women on a pedestal or walking on eggshells, not caring about validation every second and just being yourself and not giving a damn.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 1:44 am

Erocitnam wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Our places? >_>

[img][800:1068]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a6fvnZuCC8I/TwjnBbv0FQI/AAAAAAAAAms/zfuxIxWGEik/s1600/Kitchen%2525282%252529.jpg[/img]

I'd switch places for a such kitchen tho.

Trololololol.

BigBossMSF
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Aug 2012, 1:48 am

Personally i'd take straight up rejection over the BS mind games and acting like they are semi interested in me just to string me along for an ego boost thing that most women seem to do to me.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 6:01 am

In a previous job, when a group of work colleagues were going to see a film and one of them invited me along I said to him couldn't he and I go to the cinema together, he just said 'No' Lol
I wasn't even looking at him as a potential bf re the cinema thing - it was more that we got on well.

We are still friends though and he is a very good person who can always be depended on if I need support.

Rejection is never nice for the ego but in many ways a supportive friendship is more valuable/useful than a relationship where you might never speak to the other person again after a break up.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 6:06 am

First girl I asked out to a dance, "I'm waiting for someone better to ask me."

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 6:17 am

DNForrest wrote:

I'd laugh in someone's face if they said that to me - it's so off-the-scale twattish!

You should have said you'll have a long wait then!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 7:20 am

DNForrest wrote:

I won't judge you because back to school I was also too timid and polite to face such rudeness, especially from girls.

Today? I'd reply "Wait till you rot, b***h!"

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 31 Aug 2012, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 7:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DNForrest wrote:

I won't judge you because back to school I was also too timid and polite to face such rudeness, especially from girls.

Today? I'd reply "Wait till your rot, b***h!"

I don't think there's any need for that level of nastiness otherwise you show yourself as no better than her

Also I think people pick their targets well for this type of dismissive comment ie they only tend to say it to shy, respectful people anyway as they're probably the best of friends with the loud obnoxious types who'd give as good as they get.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 7:39 am

nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DNForrest wrote:

I don't think there's any need for that level of nastiness otherwise you show yourself as no better than her

Also I think people pick their targets well for this type of dismissive comment ie they only tend to say it to shy, respectful people anyway as they're probably the best of friends with the loud obnoxious types who'd give as good as they get.

With the right tone, she would come back apologizing.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 7:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DNForrest wrote:

With the right tone, she would come back apologizing.

An apology is meaningless from that type of person - you just want to avoid them.