Is a man with long hair unattractive ?

Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 9:16 pm

Chronos wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
I seem to think I having long wavy hair is not attractive to women, and the reason why I haven't had much luck when trying to talk to people on dating sites, meeting or talking to them in public or at work, but I feel like they not all interested. My hair only reaches half way down my neck, not very long hair that some men have in heavy metal bands, I don't like my hair to be that long. I find women with short hair attractive so I don't see why men with long hair are unattractive. Surely it should be about the personalty and not always looks the looks that people go for. Since college my hair has been long, I've never had it shaved off or maybe it had shaved on the sides and left long at the top and front that I seem to the think is the latest style for men lately and I've never followed those styles.

I quite like long hair on men. I don't know why more men don't have long hair.

Because we get treated like garbage for making our own choices. It's like being from a different religion, country, political party & gender all at once.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 6:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Long hair and a guitar are both rather extreme hits with women frequently.

I've been playing guitar for decades now, and as far as I know, no girls have ever given a hoot.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2018, 10:58 am

It probably depends on if it suits the person's face or not, though personally I really like long hair on guys. Actually, I think it would be at the top of my list for attractive physical attributes in men (not that I have an actual list), but my mom thinks I'm weird for that, so it just depends on the person and their opinions I suppose. Ultimately, I think you should do whatever you want with your appearance.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 11:07 am

I was rejected, many times, in favor of men with long hair and guitars. I don't feel bitter about it. It's just the way it happened.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 11:17 am

Do you write songs, Sabbra?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 12:07 pm

To me, yes. long hair looks kind of dirty to me.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:41 pm

Well whatever I'm dirty blonde anyway. I would rather appear dirty to you as opposed to being dishonest in how I present myself.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 3:42 pm

Depends on the guy. It's the same with facial hair. Some guys can pull it off. Others can't.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 4:14 pm

cberg wrote:
Well whatever I'm dirty blonde anyway. I would rather appear dirty to you as opposed to being dishonest in how I present myself.

Hair color is different from length, I don't mind hair color at all, and you can do what you want with your hair, but I simply don't find long hair attractive.
That is also simply being honest in how I present myself.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2018, 6:16 pm

If you are a poor guy, long hair makes you look unrepentant. So you are doubly damned.

But if you are rich and famous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q61vIK9RTPU

Richard

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2018, 8:42 pm

Definitely women find long haired men unattractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNpy1SAnwE

Richard

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 8:47 pm

I find our societal preoccupations with physical appearance hideous.

There is no way you can honestly evaluate my looks without meeting me anyway & I'm not concerned with the statistics on this either. I don't exist as eye candy for anyone & I have no plans to. None of that stops me from staying fit though. I don't judge others by appearance unless they try to start a fight with me. I don't believe in creating social discord around petty differences like this.

If guys with long hair look off-putting to you, it's probably because we're fed up with this judgemental nonsense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 8:55 pm

IMHO the most plug-ugly types look markedly better with the distraction of waves of shoulder-length [or longer] hair. I look better with long hair than short hair so I've had it long for most of my life 'cept for in the army, and then I would slick my longer-than-regulation hair under a bunch of goop during duty hours.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:05 pm

Here's another reason I keep my hair in its' natural state; I don't legitimately find anybody unattractive. I may see some women as more attractive to me but I think it's unhealthy to preoccupy yourselves with unwritten standards you had no hand in defining. Here I am being talked down to & I'll bet five bucks none of you have even invented your own kind of haircut!

Not spending exorbitant sums on my looks frees my mind up for much more important tasks than simply not looking ugly to you. Everything outside my hair is a pointless distraction where I'm concerned, unless I'm actually talking to someone.

Ultimately I grow my hair out because I'm fed up with a culture in which people are discouraged from making individual decisions. I don't associate with superficial trends & I can't understand the need to tell me I don't look any good. All of you look just fine by me, 100% guaranteed.

"Why don't you ask the kids at Tinamen Square? Was fashion the reason why they were there?"

Last edited by cberg on 09 Nov 2018, 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:06 pm

I stopped cutting my hair in earnest when my Flowbee vacuum-powered haircutter stopped working for the umpteenth time and I couldn't fix it anymore.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:07 pm

no need to cut it, it stops growing by itself, in my case when it reached the middle of my back down around the bottom ribs.