Share a Fact About Yourself That You Would Tell a Date

Page 2 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:25 pm

"I'm buying."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:26 pm

^^ I didn't like reading aloud, either. I probably especially wouldn't have liked it under those circumstances.

My family and I visited NYC once when I was a kid. It was a day trip to tour Bethel (the cult compound). We went when I was 6 years old. I was so upset about having to wear uncomfortable dress clothes and by the fact that we weren't going to do anything else while we were in such a magical place that I had a meltdown during the first 20 minutes of the tour. I was, apparently, the only person there who had any sense.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:32 pm

When I went to God Camp for a week (see the quiz about me and TP), these things happened:

1) On the first day the counsellors gave us a big talk about the fact some kids had Tourette's. They explained what it was and made it sound really creepy and unusual. I remember having a sinking feeling that they were talking about me.

2) My cabin mates asked where I lived and I said Canada. It had been a really long drive to get there and I didn't know what country we were in. Then they all laughed at me and called me "Cana-DUH".

3) My cabin mates caught me humping my pillows in my sleep. It's a stim thing, not sexual, but I was teased mercilessly and mimicked with gyrating motions.

4) All the other parents pre-wrote notes for their kids so the counsellors could hand them out as "mail" during lunch. I didn't get a letter from my parents so I decided they didn't love me and weren't coming back to pick me up.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:37 pm

"If you think I'm crazy now, you should've seen me as a kid! I had horrible anxiety and frequent nightmares and panic attacks even before I was 10. My family didn't seem to think that was a problem. Have I told you yet how much my family sucks?"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:46 pm

I was terrified of spontaneous combustion, almost as much as I believed I could do telekinesis.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:55 pm

Growing up, I was taught that demons were real and that they could possess objects and people. It was part of my religion's theology. Hearing stuff about demons at church and from friends and family, including ridiculous stories that supposedly happened to people, kept me from feeling safe in my own house. Sometimes I'd be too afraid to get out of bed to use the bathroom at night because a demon could be lurking under my bed or hiding in my closet. JFC, I love being an atheist.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 11:02 pm

I tried some really weird things thinking they'd make me "normal":

I picked up my son from his friend's house and noticed the house was all painted in shades of taupe / mocha inside. It was whatever year that was when everyone's house looked like a Zen spa with creamy brown walls and bamboo plants. I went home and started painting my house the same aesthetic -- not because I loved those colours, not because I thought the family would see it, not because I wanted to fit in with anyone -- but just because I thought I'd start viewing myself as normal.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 8:19 am

“Let me tell you about my trauma history…”

“My ex is a real psycho. He said that he’d kill any man I’d get romantically involved with.”

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 9:07 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:

“My ex is a real psycho. He said that he’d kill any man I’d get romantically involved with.”

Was that based on the condition that you were still together, or even after you had left him? :skull:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 9:12 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Was that based on the condition that you were still together, or even after you had left him? :skull:

Oh, that was after I left him.

He said similar stuff when we were together, but it didn’t bother me too much in comparison to other things. The last thing I wanted at the time was another man. One was bad enough.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 9:15 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Oh, that was after I left him.

He said similar stuff when we were together, but it didn’t bother me too much in comparison to other things. The last thing I wanted at the time was another man. One was bad enough.

It does sound something like a psycho would say. I am sorry for your plight.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 9:19 am

Thanks. That was one of the milder things he did. I just thought it’d be a good way to impress a date and help ensure a second one.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 9:24 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Thanks. That was one of the milder things he did. I just thought it’d be a good way to impress a date and help ensure a second one.

:roll:

:lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 11:50 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:

« Oh, but I am not a man… »

Plot twist!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 12:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

« Oh, but I am not a man… »

Plot twist!

He did say that he’d mind less if it were a woman - a person without a penis according to him :roll: . I don’t know why.

Actually, I sort of do. :roll:

ANYWAY, people without penises would not be murdered; people with them…perhaps. I’d say probably not unless just the right ratio of drugs and alcohol were involved. You know how it is.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 4:57 pm

I prefer dating disabled folk versus people who don't have experience with disability or disabilities.