Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 1:06 pm

Wombat wrote:
If you are serious then picking a partner is not that hard. Find a person of your own race in your own economic bracket and your own religion.

Find a person who takes marriage and commitment seriously. Find a person who will say "for better or for poorer, in sickness and in health till death do we part".

I did. God knows it hasn't been easy but we have been married for 36 years. I am an aspie and she is bipolar.

Love isn't about statistics. That's why it's so difficult to find a partner. You can't just browse through a catalogue of available men and women, pick the one that best matches your circumstances, and send them a marriage proposal in the post. If it were, we'd all be happily married. Instead, we are faced with the reality that we may die unmarried because however suitable the people we meet are, love is the deciding factor and if there is no love then there is no relationship.

DITZY72
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2009, 1:34 pm

i would love to be married 36 years.... but i got to find someone who wants to marry me first. and to find that person i have to go on dates... which means i'm interested and hoping that the time shared will turn into a much more seriouse commitment...i.e. marriage.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 4:45 pm

Dating is when two people meet and feel attracted to each other (physically), but don't know whether their personalities match.

So they go out together and have a dinner, see a movie, walk in the park, etc.... and talk, to find out if they have anything in common and if they enjoy each other's company.

You can't jump from meeting someone to a relationship without a few dates in between. Even the online dating sites are superficial at best and can't guarantee a match.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 4:53 pm

Dilbert: According to what you're saying, a couple that have been married for 15 years (just to put things into perspective) can't date because already they know how well their personalities match?

In my eyes, dating is not just a test to see if you are compatible. It's quality time you have (and want to have) in public with someone you are romantically interested in. Sometimes only to explore the incredible feeling of being appreciated by that person.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 5:48 pm

^^ Yeah if you are asking me, that wouldn't be a date. That's an old couple in a steady relationship going out to have some fun. It's done all the time to bring some fire into a dull relationship. But I wouldn't call it dating.