Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2009, 3:23 pm

I've been struggling with dating because there is no formula. It's not like I do A, B, and C and she will like me. There seem to be different ways to ask someone out. Does anyone else with AS struggle with dating because it seems to lack a formula or a series of steps?

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 4:53 pm

kingtut3 wrote:
I've been struggling with dating because there is no formula. It's not like I do A, B, and C and she will like me. There seem to be different ways to ask someone out. Does anyone else with AS struggle with dating because it seems to lack a formula or a series of steps?

How bout "everyone"?
Most NTs have problems with this too.
The thing is that a relationship based on a formula wouldn't actually be a relationship. Or it might be a relationship with the formula rather than with a person. I guess some people do develop various formulas, but they don't get all that far. Eventually the fact that someone is working off of a formula rather than interacting with a real thinking/breathing/feeling human being becomes evident. Ultimately, I guess the goal is to find somebody you can understand. Somebody with some of your interests, likes, dislikes.. Someone you "get." Then maybe the two of you can come up with a formula for each other, together. :lol: