Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 8:17 am

Two or three days ago I saw this girl that I've been liking for two years in the office and we started talking again in there and it was going really well. I was flirting successfully and everything. She was in the office as a student aid answering phones for them because the scheduling was messed up so there was a huge amount of incoming phone calls and I was sent in to hook up a new printer.

So as I said it was going great I think. We kept blaming each other for breaking stuff and then she laughed when I pretended to be irritated that the office lady believed I broke it. Then I asked her later on if she wanted to come work with me doing computer stuff and she seemed interested and I asked if she really was considering it and she said yes. And when I was done installing the printer and had to leave, she seemed a little bit disappointed like I was and she also kept reminding me of things on the table I was about to forget. She told me to come back and say when I got a chance on the days that she was in there.

Then yesterday I came in to say hi and then she got a rather large smile on her face and started saying she needed me the day before to fix something and the teacher wouldn't let her go to the tech guy to come get me to fix it, so she wanted my number so she could call me when she needed help with something like that(in the two years before, she never asked for it). Then I stayed and talked and flirted some more for about ten minutes. And then she reminded that I should do what I had to do before I got yelled at.

What kind of threw me off is that when I saw her in the hallway an hour later, she got just a little bit happy and she waved as thought it weren't such a big deal. And I saw her asking this other guy for his number, but she just got her new phone and only has a few numbers so that's pretty understandable.

Long story for two days I know. Does she like me though?

Last edited by j5689 on 29 Aug 2009, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 8:38 am

lol i think you already know

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 8:44 am

TB wrote:
lol i think you already know
I think I want to be sure, lol

TB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 8:50 am

she definatly likes you, but dont ask me if its romanticaly or friend wise XD

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 8:58 am

TB wrote:
she definatly likes you, but dont ask me if its romanticaly or friend wise XD
Don't ask cause you don't know, or don't ask cause it's(should be) obvious?

I'm kinda thick, even for an aspie. XD

TB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 9:03 am

dont ask because i dont know for sure. i think it is probably more romantically then friend wise but this is just a guess.

edit: ok i just know understood you where asking if she likes you more then a friend sorry

TB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 9:11 am

im not really thinking straight right now, ignore what i have said above i read it once more and i think it is romantically both side where flirting and teasing(blaming the other for breaking stuff) and she asked for your phone number.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

This is a problem I've never overcome and may have lost out on a potentially good relationship because of it. Maybe it's insecurities but someone has to verbally tell me they are interested or I will second guess what I think I'm seeing. Because I'm unsure I don't reciprocate and that could make the other person think I'm not interested. I'm a coward. j5689 just ask her out for a casual coffee date or something to start with.

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 11:38 am

She's never said yes when I asked her out before so I'm a little iffy on asking her again, because I don't want things to get awkward. But it's got to be done. Just not sure when or how I'm gonna do it

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 12:34 pm

^^if she rejected you before then it's very probable that it may only friend-wise, sorry for a such negative reply but it's logical....

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 12:55 pm

It sounds like she probably likes you. But if she's rejected you before, she may just like you as a friend, but don't forget, she may have changed her mind since then.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 1:44 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^if she rejected you before then it's very probable that it may only friend-wise, sorry for a such negative reply but it's logical....

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
It sounds like she probably likes you. But if she's rejected you before, she may just like you as a friend, but don't forget, she may have changed her mind since then.

These two quotes pretty much sum up the possible outcomes. Which one it is, I'm not truly sure. I guess I'll have to keep stopping in to say hi to her to find out. And if nothing happens in a month, then I'll be able to see when she starts working with us because that's when she said she'd be able to.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 1:44 pm

That all depends on how she turned you down. Maybe she really couldn't. I was asked once to go out and I broke the date because I got sick. He must have assumed I was lying because he didn't try again. Found out later he had a violent temper so it's just as well. If she's giving you so much attention now maybe she's trying to tell you something. In romantic situations logic does not apply.

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 1:49 pm

Ooooooooooh man, it's so hard to say for sure.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2009, 5:21 pm

Sounds promising from what you described, but some women are just flirty and friendly with guys, no matter if they are romantically interested, or not, so this makes it hard to know for sure. The part about giving another guy her phone number would worry me, but I don't know all of the details, so I wouldn't jump the gun on that.

Ask her soon, if she turns you down again, move on.

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2009, 6:15 pm

SilverStar wrote:
Sounds promising from what you described, but some women are just flirty and friendly with guys, no matter if they are romantically interested, or not, so this makes it hard to know for sure. The part about giving another guy her phone number would worry me, but I don't know all of the details, so I wouldn't jump the gun on that.

Ask her soon, if she turns you down again, move on.

She's never flirty like that with me exact when I flirt myself, which was extremely rare before but now I can do it every time.

And like I said, she only had like a handful on numbers since it was her new phone so I won't freak out too much about that. Still makes me nervous though, all of those guys can text her anytime they want and make progress. I can't text. Oh great, that's going to be worrying the hell out of me now.

Even if you can get the communication method down, there's ALWAYS some other disadvantage setting you back. I really hope the texting doesn't affect anything too much or I'm screwed.

I suppose I'm lucky this time to at least possibly be in the line-up but that makes it hurt that much more if none of it's what I hope it is. Still, I suppose she wouldn't have been so open in the first place with me if she wasn't considering me like that, she knows I can't get over her that easily.

And also in the first place, I shouldn't have my heart as heavily set on this as I do, but I feel like I'll never be as happy with anyone as I would be with her. No one else makes me feel the same and no one else is like her.