Comparing the Love and Dating subforum to 4chan's /b/

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 10:55 am

Yeap, this subforum has turned as bad as the "Random" section on 4chan. I head to the Catskills for one measly weekend and there's a gazillion "virginity polls" when I get back.

I 'spect more/better from this group, and I admit that I'm guilty of feeding into things.

Anyone share my feelings, or am I just nuts? I don't know, this subforum can get really cooky sometimes. Although I personally stay away from 4chan, even if you have, like myself, stepped into it for a second, can understand what I'm saying.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:18 pm

Yeah, but if people figured out their love lives, then nobody would post in the Love and Dating forum. So why would the nonsense ever stop?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:23 pm

I ain't buyin' it. The tone of the debate has fallen, but it's nowhere near the a**hole of the internets.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:37 pm

Mindslave wrote:
Yeah, but if people figured out their love lives, then nobody would post in the Love and Dating forum. So why would the nonsense ever stop?

Good point. For this subforum to exist, nonsense needs to also be present.

jrjones9933 wrote:
I ain't buyin' it. The tone of the debate has fallen, but it's nowhere near the a**hole of the internets.

I have to agree for the most part with you. 4chan's /b/ even on a clean day is 100,000x worse than L&D will ever be!

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 1:41 pm

Come on. Even when pointless our threads do make a bit of sense.

I do however think we may be lacking a poll comparing the chances of success of an average 4chaner and the chances of success of someone who has been hearing all the talk about what ladies want from our usual suspects.

Im pretty sure we may lose that one right now so Im waiting until boo/mxh/wolfheartTheThird have a revelation before seriously considering doing it :lol:

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 2:28 pm

spongy wrote:
Come on. Even when pointless our threads do make a bit of sense.

I do however think we may be lacking a poll comparing the chances of success of an average 4chaner and the chances of success of someone who has been hearing all the talk about what ladies want from our usual suspects.

Im pretty sure we may lose that one right now so Im waiting until boo/mxh/wolfheartTheThird have a revelation before seriously considering doing it :lol:

I wanna see that one!

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 2:32 pm

I'm tempted to actually look at /b/ just to see how bad it is, but I have a bad feeling about this being a one-way trip...

Author/Writer

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 2:37 pm

Zodai wrote:
I'm tempted to actually look at /b/ just to see how bad it is, but I have a bad feeling about this being a one-way trip...
Once you go you cannot return it will suck you in like a black hole!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 3:03 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Zodai wrote:
Once you go you cannot return it will suck you in like a black hole!

It truly is a one-way trip, 'cept if you're me.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2013, 3:38 pm

Forums are one big grab for attention. It's to be expected if it's not nipped in the bud, but since the moderators are in on it that's just the way this section's going to be.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 4:30 pm

Cilantro wrote:
Forums are one big grab for attention. It's to be expected if it's not nipped in the bud, but since the moderators are in on it that's just the way this section's going to be.

Or so I have learned...