Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 3:40 am

There’s this girl in one of my classes… at the beginning of the term she made a point of sitting next to me and always doing group/partner activities with me.

She was out of class for a couple of weeks and some guy started sitting next to me :x , but, she still makes a point of pairing up with me whenever possible, and last week we spent about half an hour chatting after class.

She’s about 30, freshly divorced, smart, pretty and very fit. I’m very attracted to her but I can’t tell if she likes me or she’s just choosing me because we’re two of the oldest students in class (there is one older woman as well).

I have ‘hooked-up’ with classmates twice before, but they were younger and much more obvious and aggressive about things.

I’d just ask this girl if she is interested, but if I’m wrong about her I’m afraid it will make the class really awkward… I’m also afraid that if she is interested and I don’t ask, she’ll think I don’t like her!

Should I take a chance now or wait until class is over?

dtoxic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2010, 3:56 am

I'd go for it. I'm not good at the nuances myself but if you can manage to keep it low-key, like just asking her if she wants to go for coffee or whatever after class sometime, you can deflate the worries about it being awkward later. The only way it gets awkward later is if you rush in or show your interest in too strong a way.
I would never ask a woman if she is "interested in me" - that's kind of weird. I'd ask her if she'd like to hang out sometime, and see where it goes.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 4:22 am

From what I've been told,(inside informants :wink: ) a girl won't go out of her way to make herself noticed, unless she's interested. I know that's not a rule, but, from what I've heard, I'd say she likes you. I'd go for it, if you're interested. :)

Those who know, don't speak.