Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 10:38 am

Being a badass may be the key to nabbing hot women. I just want to know if there is such a thing as too much.

Yesterday I randomly gave some punkass dude a beatdown in front of female onlookers. These onlookers were all over immediately afterwards, yet I feel these may be ill-gotten gains.

Any suggestions?

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2006, 11:02 am

Why is everyone suddenly trying to be "bad-ass"? Seems pretty naive to me.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 11:05 am

Yes I've got a suggestion. Stop trying to be someone who you aren't. Not all women are into that sort of thing. Maybe you're trying to please does women that are into that kind of thing that you are trying to make your self be but also if you stick with that act the women will know that its just an act and they'll leave.

North
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2006, 1:23 pm

I agree. Trying to be a "badass" when it's not your underlying personality is only going to backfire. And what's going to happen when someone decides to give YOU a beatdown?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 1:57 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Any suggestions?

Here's one: give over. Be yourself. If you don't, eventually you'll get bitten on the ass for being a naïve weirdo who can't back himself up. It's your choice, of course.

Didymus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2006, 2:17 pm

Here are some of the risks you run by being a baddass:

1) You might get arrested along with the REAL badasses if you ever get caught being a badass.

2) People who don't like badasses won't like you.

3) REAL badasses won't like you either.

4) Women who like nice men (exactly the sort of women you might REALLY be looking for) will avoid you.

5) And you won't get any sympathy from us if any of the above things happen to you.

From 2 Peter 1:10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 3:20 pm

Ok I've noticed that there are a couple of people on here now who either want to be badasses or have suddenly become them. What is wrong with you people? Why on earth would you want to become something you're not naturally? You are lying to yourselves and everyone else and being foolish and, to my knowledge, not many people like liars or suffer fools gladly. I know I don't that's for sure.

Didymus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2006, 4:33 pm

Fiz wrote:
Ok I've noticed that there are a couple of people on here now who either want to be badasses or have suddenly become them. What is wrong with you people? Why on earth would you want to become something you're not naturally? You are lying to yourselves and everyone else and being foolish and, to my knowledge, not many people like liars or suffer fools gladly. I know I don't that's for sure.

Sorry if my post came across as...well...bad. :D

From 2 Peter 1:10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 4:56 pm

Fiz wrote:

I was kidding.

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 5:20 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Fiz wrote:

I was kidding.

LOL.. :) some people take things too seriously don't they neanthumain...! ! :) haha they amuse me

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 6:05 pm

Nah, I'm going to be myself, and not a badass.

I tried to be someone different once. I'm not saying I tried to be a badass, rather I tried to somehow rebrand myself the class clown at school. But a) I overdid it. b) I became even more unpopular with my peers and from their point of view was even more weird. c) My humour and pranks didn't come off in the way I'd naively thought they would anyway and d) I was uncomfortable playing a different role, and playing it all of a sudden, than simply being myself.

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 6:23 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Being a badass may be the key to nabbing hot women. I just want to know if there is such a thing as too much.

Yesterday I randomly gave some punkass dude a beatdown in front of female onlookers. These onlookers were all over immediately afterwards, yet I feel these may be ill-gotten gains.

Any suggestions?

well if the punkass dude was hassling the lady onlookers, then my good man, you were perfectly justified in whooping him upside the ass...! :)

u know what, we should be a team... sorta like batman and robin... we could be "badassman and badassassassin"

North
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2006, 7:19 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Fiz wrote:

I was kidding.

I don't think too many of us can detect sarcasm over the internet. And people routinely far weirder things than this sort of thing on WP, so are you really surprised that people took you seriously? Or was that your intent from the beginning?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 7:52 pm

Fiz wrote:

It depends on the person though - for some people arround here being themselves isn't going to fly, they want some power over their situation because its driving em crazy watching the world pass them by and people not having respect for who they are. Hard to really want to be yourself or at least not want to modify certain things (whether it can be done or not) when all being yourself does is bring shame and regret.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 10:11 pm

In a perfect world, one would be able to act themselves and be desirable to be around. However, in reality, it doesn't work. You have to put on a mask to be accepted in this shallow, snobby society - and that goes for all facets of life, not just romance.

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2006, 12:58 am

ELLCIM wrote:
In a perfect world, one would be able to act themselves and be desirable to be around. However, in reality, it doesn't work. You have to put on a mask to be accepted in this shallow, snobby society - and that goes for all facets of life, not just romance.

Quoted for truth.

I've spent my entire life being idealistic about it. I still am to a certain regard, but from my experience just being yourself _doesn't_ work. I'm 23 years old, and I've never even been on a _date_, and not from lack of desire. I just have no idea how to go about such a thing, and the only women who've made passes at me were shallow types I didn't particularly like. I also do things like sticking up for women's rights, and fairness, and I get branded as a chauvinist more often than not for my efforts. (Apparently, because I hate seeing people treat women as objects, that means I see women as objects. Go figure.) But anyhow... I've paid attention. I've paid a lot of attention, and from my experience, even the women who say otherwise are more attracted to brutish 'bad-ass' men than sensitive, egalitarian ones. I've lost count of how many times I've found a woman attractive and engaged her in conversation, only to have some other guy rudely interrupt us and act like a jerk, only to have the woman stop talking to me and focus all of her attention on him.

It would be awesome if just being yourself were feasible in most cases, but honestly, the cases where it will work, from my experience, are extremely rare. If one is willing to make the sacrifices being a 'bad-ass' entails in order to gain the 'payoff' of a romantic relationship, sometimes it needs to be done, sad as that sounds.