Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

guineapigirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2010, 1:09 am

He has to treat me with the same respect that I treat him, accept my Asperger's, and accept my independence (I need my "me" time.) I also like a man who's intelligent, fairly good looking (personal hygeine is a MUST. I can't get close to someone if I can't tolerate their body odor.), shares my interest in movies and TV, open-minded, faithful, and trusting. It would also be nice if he shared my religious and political views, but those are just bonus quirks (for lack of a better word.)

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

I don't know whether I'd prefer Aspie or NT. I'll tell ya this though: I'll have absolutely no tolerance for a NT that wants to 'change' me or who will ridicule my interests.

As for anyone with AS, as long as they have at least a good share of my interests in common (or are at least open to them and not judgmental about it) and are reasonably affectionate and not averse to touching, it would be ok.

At least a passing interest in the Transformers is pretty much a requirement.

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2010, 5:56 pm

Tough question, and not one to be answered lightly. There should always be some room for surprises.
I do however know what I like in a partner:
* a bright mind
* an introvert
* a warm, sensitive soul
* a cuddle-loving man
* a MAN - I don't fall for boys.
* quirks, beautiful flaws, etc.
* must be able to accept my sensitivity, my darker sides and my many odd traits.

As for appearances, they're really not all that important.
A dazzling mind can turn Quasimodo into Prince Charming in no time and visa versa.
That being said, I naturally have my turn-ons and to satisfy the curiosity of some ( :tongue: ): a list!
* body hair (yes, I love beards, chest hair, hairy legs and unshaven crotches! Hell - I even fancy hairy backs. XD )
* men taller than I (I'm 160cm - it's rare to find shorter men!)
* wrinkles (you're thinking retired men looking similar to a Shar Pei, but that's a bit over the top. I do however think some wrinkles add character to a person's face, and to me that's highly desirable).

...Bleep, that was a short list. Can't think of any preferences at the moment. I think most people are absolutely gorgeous, the human body is nothing less than a piece of art, art that only becomes more breathtaking when love is added.

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 6:51 pm

GrimmRomance wrote:

This strikes me as key.
Could you elaborate on this?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 6:57 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
I don't know whether I'd prefer Aspie or NT. I'll tell ya this though: I'll have absolutely no tolerance for a NT that wants to 'change' me or who will ridicule my interests.

But if someone with an ASD wanted to change you, that would be fine?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 6:59 pm

Sound wrote:
GrimmRomance wrote:

This strikes me as key.

I'll give you an idea, this is the post of a boy:

DavidM wrote:
If it were me, I would just stare at her bottom and wait until she gives me the 'look' (the droop), then I'd kiss her and squeeze her bottom at the same time.

I wont say anything else, I'll probably get banned.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 7:51 pm

I think sense of humour is the most important thing.Laughter is the best medicine.

Taking a break.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 8:33 pm

Sound wrote:
This strikes me as key.
I think the main character from the Kingdom Heart series has a key-shaped sword.
He struck you.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 4:48 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:

lol yes aspies also want one to change and ridicule interests (that are not their own). With ones aspie bf one can have hours of fun re ordering the book shelf and tutting! ("no, it goes by size" "No, it should go by alphabet!")

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2010, 7:00 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Sound wrote:
GrimmRomance wrote:

This strikes me as key.

I'll give you an idea, this is the post of a boy:

DavidM wrote:
If it were me, I would just stare at her bottom and wait until she gives me the 'look' (the droop), then I'd kiss her and squeeze her bottom at the same time.

I wont say anything else, I'll probably get banned.

*Applauds* Pretty accurate actually.

A man has also "run off his horns" (I have no idea how this expression should be translated, but hopefully you get the idea), who's responsible, not afraid of his emotions, doesn't need to party every weekend and he knows himself well.
It's a bit difficult to explain, but it's quite obvious to see which males are in fact men. :-)

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 1:31 pm

Well, the since the thread "AS males' views on girls" was locked, I guess I'll walk in here until I get kicked out.

GrimmRomance wrote:
* quirks, beautiful flaws, etc.

Yes. This. Quirks, kinks, flaws or whatever they are called these days, are great.

Quote:
* body hair (yes, I love beards, chest hair, hairy legs and unshaven crotches! Hell - I even fancy hairy backs. XD )
[...]
* wrinkles (you're thinking retired men looking similar to a Shar Pei, but that's a bit over the top. I do however think some wrinkles add character to a person's face, and to me that's highly desirable).

Hah! :lol: Ah, how I was teased for being the hairiest guy in class. Hair on the knuckles is apparently rarer than I thought. I am alarmed by the lack of respect for facial hair in today's society. :)
My mother always said that frowning would give me wrinkles, and she got to say "I told you so!" years ago. :P
Not many sixteen year olds sport the frown of a grouchy old man.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2010, 2:33 pm

PLA wrote:
Quote:
[...]

Hah! :lol: Ah, how I was teased for being the hairiest guy in class. Hair on the knuckles is apparently rarer than I thought. I am alarmed by the lack of respect for facial hair in today's society. :)
My mother always said that frowning would give me wrinkles, and she got to say "I told you so!" years ago. :P
Not many sixteen year olds sport the frown of a grouchy old man.

Don't everyone have hair on the knuckles? :o I sure have, although they're nearly impossible to see or feel, but when I hold my hand up to a lamp I can see them: tiny, soft and white. They're rather cute in my opinion. : D
I agree! Facial hair deserves a lot more respect and appreciation these days. Ever heard of the singer William Fitzsimmons? He's got quite an impressive beard.
Personally I've never understood why some women dislike kissing bearded guys - it's the stubbles that scratches the worst!

Before I forget: I must applaud you! Good job on giving those wrinkly, old sirs a run for their money. xD
Studying my face in the mirror, I can tell that I'll probably get those two frown-lines between my eyes in 5-7 years, maybe sooner if I work hard enough.
I'm going to look super serious. 8)

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:09 pm

I'm going to go out on a completely egotistical limb because I'm feeling exceptionally excited today and just feel like posting something.

I totally have an intellect.

Thank you.

Ok, to be more serious (and before I get hale_bopp calling me a boy and worrying about her getting banned) I find the complete lack of physical attributes being posted not nearly so surprising as the rest of the men saying they're surprised. Then again, there were quite a few women that were surprised that the male thread had less physical attributes listed as well ^_~

However, it would seem that most people seem to want the same person, with the exception of differing interests, but all want kind, open-minded, gives space, etc., etc..

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:42 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:

Absolutely not, but I have a feeling a NT would be worse about it than an AS.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:46 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:

Absolutely not, but I have a feeling a NT would be worse about it than an AS.

hmmm some aspies are pretty judgemantal.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:50 pm

I don't mind too much whether they're NT or not. Although I do fancy aspies more or atleast nerdy NTs.
I like someone to be clever, have a good sense of humour, be interested in things that won't bore me to death, my height or taller, 2 years younger is the youngest I'd go and the oldest is also about 2 years, a bit of a nerd or with a quirk or 2. Looks aren't too important but I don't want someone over weight or obese, I only like average weight or skinny.