Am I the only physically attractive aspie?

Page 2 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 10:55 pm

Pics! We demand pics John!

Right here---> http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2421051.html#2421051

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 12:26 am

hale_bopp wrote:
lol to be fair, everyones mom thinks they're "good looking".

Haha...not poking fun at the OP, but that's what I thought as well :lol:

I'm attractive. I mean, I don't really like going around calling myself that, but people tell me I am so I guess others view me as attractive.

MuayThaiKid
Raven
Raven

27 Apr 2010, 2:18 am

FireMinstrel wrote:
It's the whole "attractive aspie" that can land girls in a world of hurt if not careful. Thing is, if a girl can make her aspie traits come off as cute, they're in for a lot of fun, provided they stay a bit cynical and guarded.
Not sure how guys can use the aspie personality to their advantage, though.

what I do is, Use my intelligence to come off as witty, and I don't make a lot of eye contact, so girls think I'm shy. sometimes i think I was blessed with a more interior aspergers, where all my o.c.d crap just stays in my head, and I don't have many stims that are apparent. other days, i wish i could trade with the people who have it apparent so that I wouldn't have so much crap bottled up in my head at once that it feels like it's going to explode.

one thing that gets me in bad situations. the eye contact thing. I always try to make eye contact to show interest, even multiple times, but when I look away, I look straight down. with girls, they think I'm staring at their chest or umm... lower. with guys, they think I'm looking...lower. creates an awkward situation, because all I'm really doing is listening to what they say, and semi zoning out, so where my eyes end up, isn't really where I'm looking!! !

anyone else had that problem?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 3:51 am

astaut wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
lol to be fair, everyones mom thinks they're "good looking".

Haha...not poking fun at the OP, but that's what I thought as well :lol:

I'm attractive. I mean, I don't really like going around calling myself that, but people tell me I am so I guess others view me as attractive.

Yeah well who makes a thread skiting and boasting to people who often have quite low self esteem? Rubbing it in their faces, and not only that, insulting everyone else here by assuming aspies are ugly looking. I find it a bit low tbh. This isn't bodybuilder.com

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:23 am

Answer to the OP's question:

No, you most likely arent.
I'm sure there are alot more Aspies out there who are really attractive.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 6:49 am

antique_toy wrote:
ahh @_@ i wish i could meet a hot aspie guy.

apparently, i'm 'hot' (a lot of people tell me this but i'm not entirely convinced) and i get hit on a lot. what's funny/sad is i can't tell when men are making passes at me so they think i'm also interested in hooking up because i'm not putting up any defenses. then they get really sexual and that's when i finally realize what they're thinking. it's always so embarrassing.

This reminds me of the video that whitetiger posted about female aspies and sexual maturity (in the General discussion forum, I think) that said that because they don't always pick up signals there is potential for being hurt or taken advantage of sexually. I suppose being a hot aspie only makes it worse. :) Really though, it makes sense to me. That stuff always confused me in high school and college. Guys would get so mad at me. 8O

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 11:16 am

I've gotten complements on my looks before from people on the internet and middle-aged women. I don't think it necessarily means anything.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 11:29 am

JohnG wrote:
To NT standards I mean. I somehow get the feeling that people think I am a handsome/physically attractive guy. My mom says so. Even my IM buddy said so when I sent a picture of my face to him. I also started working out on the first day of March. I work out with dumbbells and machines 3 days in a week and in the future I also plan to do cardio on the rest of the 4 ddays of the week so I can keep myself with that lean and toned muscular look. I say that my outlook on myself is a far cry from a couple years ago.

So, yeah, I may be somewhat-wildly physically attractive, but I still don't quite have much social skills still.

DavidM wrote:
I think you're really hot, John. :heart:

Hmmmm curious, rather a coincidence with the names of 2 members having with a first name with a capital of the first letter of their last name.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 3:36 pm

I bend both ways JohnG

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 5:02 pm

Quote:
I somehow get the feeling that people think I am a handsome/physically attractive guy. My mom says so. Even my IM buddy said so when I sent a picture of my face to him

Well, neither your mum or your buddy are going to say any different if you ask them, are they?

If you are that confident of your looks that you willing to make a thread boasting about them, post a picture and set a poll.

Don't despair if it's not 100% positive. Somebody out there will think you're gorgeous.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdhImseso4U[/youtube]

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 6:25 pm

Maybe i should do that to? :roll:
lol

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

27 Apr 2010, 6:35 pm

You might be attractive, Johny, but compared to some aspies here you might look like a turd. :o

asobi_seksu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2010, 6:50 pm

I think sometimes being a female aspie can be like being cast as the faded southern bell in a tennessee williams play 0_0
I have zero self esteem and in the realm of relationship I'm pretty avoidant and not that bothered by lust...Platonic love is all I need and I have a tendency to come off as flirting with males friends when I'm just trying to be friendly.i have a bit of a dreamy shy air about me as well so I think that affects relationships as well.

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2010, 10:53 pm

antique_toy wrote:
ahh @_@ i wish i could meet a hot aspie guy.

apparently, i'm 'hot' (a lot of people tell me this but i'm not entirely convinced) and i get hit on a lot. what's funny/sad is i can't tell when men are making passes at me so they think i'm also interested in hooking up because i'm not putting up any defenses. then they get really sexual and that's when i finally realize what they're thinking. it's always so embarrassing.

There's this one woman I dated a couple of years ago once, who now thinks I am hot after I showed her my updated pictures from my San Francisco trip last weekend. Unfortunately for her (she's a NT), she gives away her strength of position by getting herself involved with whatever guy comes her way as soon as possible. If she would have more respect for her body and all, I'd respect her more and consider taking her up on her offer to meet her again. However, that's not about to happen anytime soon. A woman who can't respect her body is not someone I'd want to consider dating.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2010, 10:56 pm

FireMinstrel wrote:
It's the whole "attractive aspie" that can land girls in a world of hurt if not careful. Thing is, if a girl can make her aspie traits come off as cute, they're in for a lot of fun, provided they stay a bit cynical and guarded.
Not sure how guys can use the aspie personality to their advantage, though.

Oh that's easy. Women want men who won't take advantage of them. When women have dated me in the past, they've told me how different I was from the rest of the men they dated. I let them talk as much as they wanted. I didn' t take advantage of them sexually. I respected them, and they respected me.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 12:33 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Yes, only you. :D

Well, not just me. If someone else were to appreciate the results of my efforts in a sexual context, I wouldn't object to it. I'm sure there are many women with a sex drive that kicked in at 35 or 40 who lament being tied to some jerk they married in their 20s that turned into Jabba-the-Butt and can't get it up anymore. It takes experience, foresight and a healthy sex drive to appreciate what I have to offer.

Think of it like having to put your own oxygen mask on first before assisting anyone else with theirs during a decompression event on a plane. I have to take care of myself first if I am to be any good to anyone else.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong