AS Woman, would you prefer NT or an AS man

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2013, 6:18 am

Title says it all, would you prefer to date an NT man or an AS man? what is your opinion on dating in general??

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2013, 6:24 am

IT really depends on the person. NT is a bit of a mirage imo. Sure they may not have ASD but that doesnt mean they dont have some other issues that makes them undesirable as a partner.

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2013, 7:16 am

Oh okay thanks : ) hmm maybe I should be a bit more optimistic

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 7:19 am

They both have pros and cons. Depends on the individual.

I am biased, because my last relationship was with an Aspie.

jackieshmackie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2013, 7:36 am

Tried NT men. I think I intimidated them, and the ones brave enough to ask me out had their own problems. I specifically went after a good friend who is probably AS because we understood why each other thought and acted the way we did, and he was the most interesting, compassionate guy I'd met. We both liked to ask a lot of questions, but might have needed someone else to get us talking. Where others thought some of his views to be absurd I found them to be based on well thought out moral principles and rationality.

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2013, 7:37 am

Would you say that a relationship involving two Aspies is worth trying?

I am thinking of trying to meet an aspie girl but the problem is that I haven't even met another Aspie so I don't know what to expect

restlesspirit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2013, 8:24 am

iv dated NTS alll my life,,,, never worked out,, now Id like to see if since im aspie,, if maybe an aspie man would work better,,,problem is finding them at my age.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 8:55 am

Only dated NT women here but AS women seem cool and I wouldn't mind giving one a try if the chemistry was right.

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2013, 10:08 am

restlesspirit wrote:
iv dated NTS alll my life,,,, never worked out,, now Id like to see if since im aspie,, if maybe an aspie man would work better,,,problem is finding them at my age.

Life is full of suprises : )

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

26 Feb 2013, 10:41 am

Aspie man here. Probably not in most cases.

I think an aspergirl who can act NT and dress fashionably would be perfect. She can't keep it up and gets exhausted, no problem, I'm the same way and would understand. Someone with severe social dysfunction, wears glasses, lack of self-care, or unemployable/friendless, or very geeky, probably not. Yes, I am a little shallow, but I try pretty hard in certain areas, and I would expect similar effort from someone I'd consider dating.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 10:48 am

My first (and only real, long-term) relationship was with a guy who I strongly suspect is also on the spectrum. We were together for 7 years, which was about 3.5 years too long, in hindsight. I ended things for a number of reasons, some of which were selfish; he also had some hangups and issues for which he refused to get counseling, and those issues became impossible for me to tolerate.

All of that said, he's also the only guy (of the scant handful I've actually been with) who never lied to me, used me, belittled me, cheated on me, or discarded me. I'd probably be far better off with an AS mate than another (lying, cheating, manipulating, etc., etc., ad nauseam :evil:) NT. If only I could find one in "real life"... :(

~Steve Jobs

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 10:50 am

Tyri0n wrote:

I think an aspergirl who can act NT and dress fashionably would be perfect. She can't keep it up and gets exhausted, no problem, I'm the same way and would understand. Someone with severe social dysfunction, wears glasses, lack of self-care, or unemployable/friendless, or very geeky, probably not. Yes, I am a little shallow, but I try pretty hard in certain areas, and I would expect similar effort from someone I'd consider dating.

Date an NT girl, then, dude. You're asking far too much NT-ness/conformity of an AS chick, and I don't think that's fair. :evil:

~Steve Jobs

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

26 Feb 2013, 10:58 am

SINsister wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

Date an NT girl, then, dude. You're asking far too much NT-ness/conformity of an AS chick, and I don't think that's fair. :evil:

To be fair, a lot of aspie girls are similarly biased against aspie men for similar reasons. And there are aspie girls like what I describe, even if not many; I know of at least 4 who are active on WP.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:12 am

Sure, there's plenty of Asperger's girls on here but the chances of finding one are pretty slim unless you live somewhere like Melbourne.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:15 am

I wouldn't dismiss anybody with prejudice, especially if the chemistry were right. Having said this, my girlfriend is normal (AQ=6/50), and we have been together for going on thirteen years now.

Of course, having somebody with whom we share much in common is important. But I also think male/female relationships must be complimentary as well--at least if they are to be successful. Obviously my social skills are very weak, and she handles those things for me as hers are very good though she is also introverted; and I handle things she isn't so good at. It has worked out very well.

So, my advice would be for aspie girls to find normal boys, and for aspie boys to find normal girls, though, again, this is only a rule of thumb.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 11:30 am

Tyri0n wrote:
To be fair, a lot of aspie girls are similarly biased against aspie men for similar reasons.

I'm not one of them. If I could find a supernrrrrrrrdy AS dude who bathes regularly (not insinuating that AS males aren't hygienic, but I've known a lot of programmers/software engineers who were pretty gross :roll:) *and* whose bones I'd wanna jump, I'd be all over him. The more socially-awkward, the better - because then, he'd probably not be holding my own horrendous social anxiety/ineptness against me. 8)

~Steve Jobs