Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2010, 7:46 pm

Where do you look for love when everything your into sends girls a running? I like anime, books video games, movies, jet skiing and swimming. I look around when I go out and see very few girls around. The girls that are around alrady have boy friends or are not age okay(does not help 14 year olds look 18 around here) I have tird dating sites. they epic fail with me. So where should I look and how do I know if I am trying to hit on a taken girl and wont get beaten up(again)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

Don't mention anime until they get to know you? I don't see anything unattractive about the rest of your interests. Jet Skiiing, reading and swimming are all very attractive.

Gaming forum, and anime forums or dating sites. Dating sites are an epic fail for everyone. Go to Pax or anime conventions maybe. There are so many girls there.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2010, 8:03 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Gaming forum, and anime forums or dating sites. Dating sites are an epic fail for everyone. Go to Pax or anime conventions maybe. There are so many girls there.

As Uncle Yo says "if you take a picture with me. please make sure you get my hands as well" Need I say more? Plus last girl I hit on at a anime con got me beaten up. Geeks are super pertactive of their girlfriends.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 9:02 pm

mesona wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

As Uncle Yo says "if you take a picture with me. please make sure you get my hands as well" Need I say more? Plus last girl I hit on at a anime con got me beaten up. Geeks are super pertactive of their girlfriends.

Well then go and talk to girls who are with a bunch of girls? Or don't hit on them, just talk to them? What did you do to get yourself beaten up? One bad experience doesn't mean its no good. How do you think these "geeks" meet girls?

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2010, 9:18 pm

Still trying to figure that out. I. Was talking about a new manga and the next thing I know she is calling her boyfriend and he mops the floor with me.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

To be completely honest, I didn't have a girlfriend until I was a senior in high school and that was only for 2 months. I met 2 of my girlfriends online though...one I found through some "friendship" site, and then my current one actually found me through myspace.

So I guess sometimes you just gotta hold out for the girls that will come to you. Find a girl that likes anime too...I'm friends with a couple of them :)

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2010, 10:09 pm

jdcnosse wrote:
To be completely honest, I didn't have a girlfriend until I was a senior in high school and that was only for 2 months. I met 2 of my girlfriends online though...one I found through some "friendship" site, and then my current one actually found me through myspace.

So I guess sometimes you just gotta hold out for the girls that will come to you. Find a girl that likes anime too...I'm friends with a couple of them :)

Out of high school.

JP88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm

outside of college I basically have the same problem...now that its summer, I don't know how I will meet any girls because I don't know where to meer them...not sure how to as well

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 10:55 pm

Oh...the two I met online I was out of high school. Granted my current girlfriend is still in high school, but my past girlfriend was 22.

Greenmouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2010, 10:59 pm

Where to look?

On the internet. Find some web site on your special interest. Then talk to the girls.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 11:13 pm

The only problem the internet brings is that some of the people you find that like your interest will be halfway around the world. But just look for the ones close by :)

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 10:45 am

meetup.com or some such... arranges local activities for people to do together

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:22 pm

My stepdad never said to look for love, as it could lead to some issues. However, finding a good crowd to hang out with is another story.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 9:50 pm

mesona wrote:
Where do you look for love when everything your into sends girls a running? I like anime, books video games, movies, jet skiing and swimming. I look around when I go out and see very few girls around. The girls that are around alrady have boy friends or are not age okay(does not help 14 year olds look 18 around here) I have tird dating sites. they epic fail with me. So where should I look and how do I know if I am trying to hit on a taken girl and wont get beaten up(again)

I'm a girl (close to) your age, and those seem like average interests to me. The only one that stands out to me is anime, and I know quite a few people who love it. Jet skiing is a really fun activity, and guys that swim are known to have nice bodies 8) I can't say about hitting on non-single girls. Usually they'll blown you off if they're taken, if they didn't then their boyfriend needs to be upset with her and not you, lol. Are you in college? I anticipate meeting a lot of people in there.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 10:05 pm

mesona wrote:
Still trying to figure that out. I. Was talking about a new manga and the next thing I know she is calling her boyfriend and he mops the floor with me.

Sheesh! Being into manga you figured he would ask if you are a top or a bottom. :P

I'm just kidding! The closest I've come to manga is playing Final Fantasy 7 and reading Batman: Child of Dreams. I'm more of a traditional comic book fan.

Learning how to fight is a good skill to have. I can point you in the right place if you ever want to learn how to mop the floor with someone...

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 10:07 pm

mesona wrote:

So how did the conversation go and what did the guy say before he attacked you?

The study of street violence and police science are among my obsessive interests.