Opportunity's knockin' - advice?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 7:39 pm

In high school I had very few opportunities to date. My Asperger's made me a late bloomer, and my lesbianism made sure that I had the slimmest possible pickings once I did bloom. It was terribly frustrating.

Now, however, I am about to go to a women's liberal arts college where the girl/girl dating scene is huge. I've already been talking to my classmates online, and about half of them are gay or bi. Most of the girls, straight or not, are willing to be friendly with me on Facebook (messaging, chatting, tagging, writing on each other's walls, etc.) According to my socially attuned mother, some of them have been flirting with me. The school is Asperger-friendly, too - two of the most popular girls on campus have AS. Needless to say, I already have crushes, and orientation is not for another month. :D

The problem is that I've had so few romantic opportunities that I don't know how to handle them now that they've appeared. I'm not sure of how to make the most of situations like this without going totally wild. I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips on flirting, determining whether it's time to ask someone out, asking someone out, dating on a tight budget, establishing a deep relationship, avoiding a bad reputation, and other stuff that might be relevant. Sorry to be so broad; I'm very much a beginner. Just ask yourself what you would do in my situation. Thanks!