Always struggled with this...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 11:01 am

How do you talk to other women when interested in one in particular without feeling like you're being unfaithful?

Edit: what I mean is just ordinary talking, nothing bad, of course.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

samtoo wrote:
How do you talk to other women when interested in one in particular without feeling like you're being unfaithful?

If you are in a committed relationship and you have feelings for this other woman which are inappropriate for someone in a committed relationship to have towards someone who is not their partner, then you should limit contact with this other woman.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 8:23 pm

Chronos wrote:
samtoo wrote:

If you are in a committed relationship and you have feelings for this other woman which are inappropriate for someone in a committed relationship to have towards someone who is not their partner, then you should limit contact with this other woman.
i think he's just referring to talking to other women in general apart from his partner. Trying to find a balance between the 2 extremes for the sake of good relations on all fronts: inadvertently alienating all his female friends, and inadvertently appearing too friendly.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 10:59 pm

I just mention the other conversations with the one I am interested in. I try to fit it into normal conversation, instead of letting it sound like a confession. She knows about them so she does not have to worry about my faithfulness. It gives her what she needs to refute rumors with the truth.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 8:01 am

Talk normally, as you would anyone else.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jun 2010, 8:34 pm

What I would do is; avoid leaving my partner's side so I will not have a chance to talk to any women unless she's around :roll: I'd much rather talk to my partner than anyone else :D
Good communication with your partner about talking to the opposite sex(or same sex if your bi or gay) can help with the guilt. You want to make sure you are on the same page with your partner about what he/she is comfortable with you doing & if you keep em informed about who you saw & talked to; they will be more likely to trust you & not be jealous

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition