why do girls think it's hot to act stupid?

Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

antique_toy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

i'm going to try not to pigeonhole this as an exclusively NT fad but i've noticed that sooooo many girls act stupid and dress like prostitutes because they think they'll attract a man that way. i was people watching with a friend downtown by all the bars last night and i noticed that every single girl was dressed like a whore. every last one of them. they looked ridiculous in their 4-inch stilettos, tight spandex dresses and poppin' lip 'goss. i mean, if i were a man i think i'd have no choice but to disrespect women like that. it makes me sad. why do women act and dress dumber now than ever before in the history of womankind? what are your opinions, and how do guys actually feel about it?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 4:50 pm

Well, they might be dressed stupidly/whorishly, but that's fashion, and the majority of NTs will follow fashion no matter how stupid it gets, and that makes them socially smart. A fashionable outfit is a status symbol, or perhaps a cluster of them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 4:55 pm

antique_toy wrote:
i'm going to try not to pigeonhole this as an exclusively NT fad but i've noticed that sooooo many girls act stupid and dress like prostitutes because they think they'll attract a man that way. i was people watching with a friend downtown by all the bars last night and i noticed that every single girl was dressed like a whore. every last one of them. they looked ridiculous in their 4-inch stilettos, tight spandex dresses and poppin' lip 'goss. i mean, if i were a man i think i'd have no choice but to disrespect women like that. it makes me sad. why do women act and dress dumber now than ever before in the history of womankind? what are your opinions, and how do guys actually feel about it?

some men find airheads "cute". As for the slu*ty dress, it does attract men, but the awful sort. It gets looks from all men though, whether the men think "hot" "I want to root her" or "what a slut" and that's half the reason they do it, to get looked at, regardless of the reason.

Also they do go with fashion trends. and i'm guessing these girls were young, because usually as people age they cannot look like that without coming across as a washed up old has been. Fair enough - do it while you're young imo.

I like to dress classy. I'm 25 though. If i chose to dress like that I would look ridiculous.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

Girls dress like whores because they are too stupid or lazy to get a real job instead of prostituting themselves. Those women like teasing men so they can take advantage of em.. They value their self worth by how slu*ty they are :evil: Chances are those women never knew their read dad & their mom was pregnant with em before she graduated high-school. The cycle ghets worse & worse

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 24 Jun 2010, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 5:14 pm

I think the proper label would be, "Attention Whore." They're the ones that HAVE to be the center of attention in a crowd. Whether or not they come out of it with regrets, who can say . . . all depends on the crowd that surrounds them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 5:15 pm

nick007 wrote:
Girls dress like whores because they are too stupid or lazy to get a real job instead of prostituting themselves. Those women like teasing men so they can take advantage of em.. They value their self worth by how slu*ty they are :evil: Chances are those women never knew their read dad & their mom was pregnant with em before she graduated high-school. The cycle ghets worse & worse

um, no they don't. Often the real sluts look like slobs in jeans and a t-shirt with greasy hair and smelly armpits.
Dressing like that makes them feel more attractive because men look at them. Thats all. All it is is insecurity.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 5:28 pm

antique_toy wrote:
how do guys actually feel about it?

That depends on the type of guy you ask. The average neurotypical male is generally unsophisticated and intellectually shallow, so women who dress to sell their bodies because they have nothing else to offer appeal greatly to that sort of guy. You won't find women with depth and brains dressing like that as a rule because they see it for what it is - demeaning and a cheap substitute for qualities of real value.

Of course, a starched pantsuit sends a message of its own. 8O

Having grown up in the 60s and 70s, when hippie girls were everywhere, I think there's nothing sexier than a simple cotton sundress. Especially if its a little see-thru in the sunshine. :wink:

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:03 pm

I don't think I'm just acting :lmao: I have so little "common sense" or "street smarts"
Plus I'm very uncoordinated and have poor depth perception. So I guess I'm living the cliche of the klutzy airhead :|
I'm book smart though :) As long as I can fall back on quoting crazy Russian authors I won't feel so bad about not understanding traffic lights :lol:

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2010, 6:03 pm

Why do people think life in bars downtown at night represent the whole of society? The bar scene in most places is shallow and lame. There's no room for showing off intellect and depth in smokey crowd noisy bars. If you don't like it don't go there, that's what I do.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:09 pm

Willard wrote:
Having grown up in the 60s and 70s, when hippie girls were everywhere, I think there's nothing sexier than a simple cotton sundress. Especially if its a little see-thru in the sunshine. :wink:

Liking that is no different to men of today liking slapper dress. People like what is in fashion at the time.

Quote:
Why do people think life in bars downtown at night represent the whole of society? The bar scene in most places is shallow and lame. There's no room for showing off intellect and depth in smokey crowd noisy bars. If you don't like it don't go there, that's what I do.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one. When you go out in the day the only people dressed in slapperish clothing are people who are about 16, and lets face it, they're young and most likely won't do it forever anyway.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:11 pm

book_noodles wrote:
I'm book smart though :) As long as I can fall back on quoting crazy Russian authors I won't feel so bad about not understanding traffic lights :lol:

Hey hold it right there missy! :D Tolstoy was a literary genius of the first order. He was a great student of the human condition. He was not crazy. I love his work.

Dostoyevsky OTOH... I think he had some issues.

To the OP: what you saw represents a small cross-section of the population. It is almost like asking why there are so many autistics on WP. :)

Those girls are slu*ty because they are on the nightclub scene, and the other way around. Cause and effect. But yes, need for attention and insecurity play a large part.

Girls: men who fall for this type of girls... stay far far away from them.

Men: stay far far away from the girls antique toy was talking about. Nothing good can possibly come out of it long term.

Basically: all stay away from the night scene and the bars.

Creature
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2010, 6:20 pm

antique_toy wrote:

I'm female myself and because of the so common behavior you described I can't relate to most girls and women or identify myself with them. They are an embarassment. I think they must be stupid in a way too; I can't imagine a reasonable and at least slightly intelligent person would act like that.

But maybe that's just my lack of imagination.

Anyway, the behavior you described works, considering what I've seen in school. At least in a lot of cases. Or maybe not, that those guys never bothered to care, ''accepting'' it.

I speculate too much.

Edits:

Spelling mistake corrected, turned out wrong. Corrected it again.

Last edited by Creature on 24 Jun 2010, 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Creature
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2010, 6:25 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
I think the proper label would be, "Attention Whore." They're the ones that HAVE to be the center of attention in a crowd. Whether or not they come out of it with regrets, who can say . . . all depends on the crowd that surrounds them.

That's something very interesting, if EVERYONE, or at least almost everyone, dresses the same way to get attention, they don't stand out anymore and are...looked over? It'd help a lot if they'd get that if they all act just as slu*ty (which a lot of them do) they won't stand out anymore.

Same thing with fashion I suppose. Striving to look the same but yet be special usually gets zero result.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:33 pm

Creature wrote:
PlatedDrake wrote:

That's something very interesting, if EVERYONE, or at least almost everyone, dresses the same way to get attention, they don't stand out anymore and are...looked over? It'd help a lot if they'd get that if they all act just as slu*ty (which a lot of them do) they won't stand out anymore.

Same thing with fashion I suppose. Striving to look the same but yet be special usually gets zero result.

Doesn't matter if they all look the same. They're still going to get more male attention then if, excuse my comment here, their dresses weren't riding up their backside.

Creature
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2010, 6:48 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Creature wrote:
PlatedDrake wrote:

Doesn't matter if they all look the same. They're still going to get more male attention then if, excuse my comment here, their dresses weren't riding up their backside.

In that case a room with more ''slu*ty types'' will make those poor men go mad 8O

I assumed they'd get used to it.

Step
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

In college I was shy and smart and dressed conservatively. It was hard to meet anyone socially. The night club scene was a logical place to try and meet guys my age, however, was largely ignored by men in favor of the girls dressed like sluts acting like air heads.

One night I dressed slu*ty and acted like I had no intellect and I acted impressed by every guy's knowledge and laughed at their jokes and guess what, they were eating out of my hands. It was easy for me to do it that night because it was in the guise of a social experiment though that is not my natural personality and it practically killed me to do it.

A few of these guys I ended up getting to know better through school and they were not jerks or idiots. It's just at that age, people are really on the make. Just like male birds puff up their chests to draw the attention of females, females have ploys for attracting males. Men say that's not what they're into but women dress and act that way because it gets them what they want when they're out on the town. That tactic works a lot less in, say, a library or coffee shop.