How the heck is attractive defined?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jul 2010, 11:48 am

NinjaHermit wrote:
I think rating attraction and looks are two very different things. You can be very attracted to someone even if they aren't physically what you would usually consider beautiful.

So true. I was once strongly attracted to this guy, who's looks were not, IMO my usual thing at all. I did not act on it, being aspie, and being almost positive that he was a complete jerk, but there is no explaining chemistry between people, LOL.
NinjaHermit wrote:
For example if you meet someone you are crazy about would they score 10 on the attraction score? Would everyone else you knew drop down to 0? What about when you start getting over them or meet someone else?

Again, so true. My SO is attractive to me, but not what I would usually have imagined to be very attractive. There are still types of attractiveness that get my attention, but I realize that those types are not what I am currently involved with. So, it had nothing to do with a scale of 1 - 10, or how much of a hottie my guy is or isn't.