Why do guys hate fat chicks?

Page 25 of 29 [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Would you date someone fatter than you?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 123 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 176

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2010, 3:46 pm

Everyone get's uglier when they get older, so it would be silly to not accept that others will do the same.

If someone is sexy, and I find out later that he/she is a jerk, guess what! They are no longer sexy to me! If someone isn't so attractive but turns out to be the physical embodiment of benevolence, then that person will appear beautiful to me.

Maybe other people are different... I dunno. We all look the same when we die anyway.
Worms: The great equalizer. :lol:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 4:35 pm

@ ApsieGuy - I guess my prior comment sounded like I was making a stereotype. I said they CAN be not that they ARE. A bit of a difference there, but I digress. I'm an Aspie that sucks at math. I'm a writing major. I <3 words and literature. Lots of other people think that's odd but I'm a bit of an oddball. I mean, I dress up as a wench for fun. Bodices = <3 ^_^

Also, I am making a change. I am eating healthier and exercising for 40-60 minutes 5 days a week. So it's not for a lack of trying. I have lost a little bit of weight since I started this thread. It's a work in progress. :)

Self esteem +1

@Ambrose_Rotten - That's how I am too. Some people thought my last bf was ugly because he had a big nose. I saw his intelligence and sense of humor. He became unattractive when he cheated. It's some sort of cycle I guess.

Also, yaaaaaay worms. That is all. :D

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 9:48 pm

Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
Everyone get's uglier when they get older, so it would be silly to not accept that others will do the same.

If someone is sexy, and I find out later that he/she is a jerk, guess what! They are no longer sexy to me! If someone isn't so attractive but turns out to be the physical embodiment of benevolence, then that person will appear beautiful to me.

Maybe other people are different... I dunno. We all look the same when we die anyway.
Worms: The great equalizer. :lol:

black guys really like fat women. I get hotter as I get older.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 9:53 pm

Erisad wrote:
deadeyexx wrote:
RossMc wrote:
(1) Because other guys will give you grief if you date a fat chick

This is a valid reason too. Social status counts for a lot on a subconscious level. Girls are naturally ranked on physical attractiveness. Whether they'd admit it or not, any guy would be much more excited about being approached by an attractive girl than an average looking one.

Same thing goes for a guy's popularity. Most girls would be way more excited to be approached by the life of the party than the loner in the corner. Even if thier looks and personality wern't that much different.

So I'll be ignored forever because I'm not gorgeous? Fantastic. :/

Well, thats how earth works . The more physically attractive the woman, the more attention she gets. If you look good on earth then you will get whatever you want handed to you because people here make choices based on perception more than anything. You won't get completely ignored though because some guys can only get fatter chicks. The guys who cannot attract beautiful women have to settle for the uglier ones. Its sad but true. I hate metallica.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 11:42 pm

It seems to me that for every type of women there is a man who likes that type. Some skinny, some fat. Large breasts, small breasts. Brown hair, red hair. Short, tall. Fat, thin. The list goes on. The reason for this is attraction not only has a physical component, it has a mental component. Be confident in who you are and there is a good chance you will find somebody. Also, for every aspie out there looking for love, first it is possible, I have been married 11 years and am a certified pain in the ass; second, proximity is usually the greatest predictor of who you will find.

Now, for all those people out there that think being fat is because you are lazy or don't eat the right food -- that is an absolute myth, perpetuated by popular culture. I hate break it some people, but variety exists in nature and in the human race. Are more American's over weight than in the past, sure. However, remember most of the obesity studies you see on the TV news are talking about correlation, not causation between weight and overall wellness. There are lots of people who are "fat" and extremely health and there are lots of people who are "skinny" and extremely unhealthy. Be who you are and be happy.

Apparently, judging from some of these comments, not all aspies are intelligent either and I thought we were all smart? Oh, I made a generalization -- see how it works.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 11:50 pm

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Well, thats how earth works . The more physically attractive the woman, the more attention she gets. If you look good on earth then you will get whatever you want handed to you because people here make choices based on perception more than anything. You won't get completely ignored though because some guys can only get fatter chicks. The guys who cannot attract beautiful women have to settle for the uglier ones. Its sad but true. I hate metallica.

See, now this is exactly what I was getting at earlier. Yes, some guys who cannot attract "beautiful" women settle for "uglier" ones (in the eye of the beholder) but why do people assume that standard is universal? Some guys like black chicks, hispanic chicks, asian chicks. Some guys like ravens, brunettes, blondes, redheads. Some guys like chicks who look sophisticated, punky, exotic, casual. And then on top of that we all have different priorities - one guy who likes punky blonde white girls might go for a casually dressed raven-haired asian girl with a great personality. Another might not. To say a larger person will get ignored by anyone who isn't desperate is just ridiculous. There will always be people with different preferences or different priorities - ie personality, interests or facial aesthetics (as aspieguy and angelrho expressed above.) There's someone for everyone and nobody has to "settle" for guys who are just desperate. Finding the right people isn't easy, especially for us aspies, but they're out there.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2010, 1:43 am

scubasteve wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:

See, now this is exactly what I was getting at earlier. Yes, some guys who cannot attract "beautiful" women settle for "uglier" ones (in the eye of the beholder) but why do people assume that standard is universal? Some guys like black chicks, hispanic chicks, asian chicks. Some guys like ravens, brunettes, blondes, redheads. Some guys like chicks who look sophisticated, punky, exotic, casual. And then on top of that we all have different priorities - one guy who likes punky blonde white girls might go for a casually dressed raven-haired asian girl with a great personality. Another might not. To say a larger person will get ignored by anyone who isn't desperate is just ridiculous. There will always be people with different preferences or different priorities - ie personality, interests or facial aesthetics (as aspieguy and angelrho expressed above.) There's someone for everyone and nobody has to "settle" for guys who are just desperate. Finding the right people isn't easy, especially for us aspies, but they're out there.

I'd like to thank you for being one of the few who makes sense.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 3:03 am

me or him or both of us, you?

charade
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2010, 10:59 pm

I've seen insanely attractive men with very fat women on several occasions, and vice versa.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 6:15 am

I'm 5'1 220 and I've had an INSANE amount of guys flirt with me. I don't know why either. I dress non offensive to my weight (Size 2x in shirt size 18 in pants), I have a good personality, and possibly the guys who flirt with me notice my face instead of my weight. Idk, but that kinda proves that guys(some guys) don't hate "Fat" chicks.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2010, 8:57 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
me or him or both of us, you?

I was referring to Scubasteve said this:

ScubaSteve wrote:
why do people assume that standard is universal?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 10:08 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
I hate metallica.

There is something VERY wrong with you.

bullyh8ter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2010, 11:29 am

<offensive phrase removed by DW_a_mom>

I'm also not a chubby chaser.

bullyh8ter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2010, 11:30 am

AngelRho wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:
I hate metallica.

There is something VERY fat with you.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 11:50 am

charade wrote:
I've seen insanely attractive men with very fat women on several occasions, and vice versa.

The thing about basing attraction on weight is that it is not a stable trait. People gain and lose weight over time due to a variety of factors, not all of which are within their control. A decent person is going to stay with their partner through all those changes and support them, period, end of story. You don't back out of being with someone you love because their looks changed, unless the change in looks is a symptom of a different and more core problem.

Point being, it's hard to know if they got together while looking as they do now, or if one of the partners changed over time and the other continues to love them anyway (as they should).

I've got to say, I really hate the existence of this thread. The title is really rude, IMHO.

For the record, I have gone through a lot of ups and downs with my weight, and any guy who can't deal with something like that has zero sympathy from me. My husband and I have a deal: I won't talk about his hair loss, and he won't talk about my weight gain, although encouraging me to eat healthy and exercise for the purpose of staying healthy is permitted ;)
And maybe the occasional, "you really did look hot on that vacation to X" (10 years ago).

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 12:35 pm

AngelRho wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:
I hate metallica.

There is something VERY wrong with you.

For me, Metal sucks in general, man. Metallica are one of the better examples of the genre, but overall the whole form isn't my thing.