How do you hit on a women without appearing too forward?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 1:01 am

How do you hit on a women in a way that indicates that you are interested in her romantically and not just sexually.

Last edited by JohnisBlind on 31 Jul 2010, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 1:11 am

JohnisBlind wrote:
How do you hit on a woman without appearing too forward?

Fixed. Hopfully no one els wil wine about the speling.

From what I've seen it's not really a matter of being too forward or not it's more a matter of reading the body language of the broad. If her body language is a certain way then it's actually pretty hard to be too forward if you tried. Though groping them early is an indication that you are primarily interested in her sexually. Really it's hard to be romantic if there isn't something sexual there. The act of hitting on a woman is in itself basically just aiming for sex. To show interest in her romantically you don't hit on her at all, you ask her to go out with you to someplace where you can talk and get to know each other better.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 1:34 am

JohnisBlind wrote:

How do you hit on a women in a way that indicates that you are interested in her romantically and not just sexually.

As a woman, I have no idea.

I think you just ask her out for coffee a lot and eventually ask her out to a nice restaurant.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 2:09 am

Chronos wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:

As a woman, I have no idea.

I think you just ask her out for coffee a lot and eventually ask her out to a nice restaurant.

Maybe your supposed to let her know that you desire her by hitting on her after you've gone a date with each other?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 6:54 am

First, it's eye contact. There's a certain spark that jumps between your eyes and hers. Then it's a compliment regarding something she's wearing (like jewelry, or her hair style), then a bit of chit chat and THEN you say 'would like to meet for a cuppa?'

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 8:17 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
First, it's eye contact. There's a certain spark that jumps between your eyes and hers. Then it's a compliment regarding something she's wearing (like jewelry, or her hair style), then a bit of chit chat and THEN you say 'would like to meet for a cuppa?'

That sounds like good advice. Thank you.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 8:40 am

Before I get jumped, I'll admit I've not really attempted to put into action what I've learned (no money for getting out), but this is some of it as I can summarize it:

A lot of it seems to depend on time and place. Some places are good to meet someone for a relationship and some places for a one night stand, where women specifically go to get laid.

Trying to attract her without making it look like you're doing so is the main concept behind the art of picking up women. You want to make things flow naturally, which after lots of practice can become possible.
Make jokes and bring up conversations that will make yourself appear interesting. Act cocky (but respectful) and make her question her value in comparison to yours (as exposing your interest can make her feel that her worthiness is more-so superior to yours). I'm not saying to make her feel bad about herself, but to appear as though you have a high social value.

Women are more socially developed naturally than men (even regarding the Asperger's spectrum), because they have received more "hit-ons" than all of your attempts (in general) put together. Either way you are still hitting on her, and she can tell. But if you are following the advice above you will appear less needy (as though successful interactions with women are an everyday thing for you, therefore increasing your social value through her perspective.

I learned this from: http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Method-Be ... 993&sr=1-1 Despite the title and overall sleazy-natured vibe it is reeking of, it is not just about pickup skills for getting laid fast, because it is really moreso about forming structured social interaction skills in general, and will help you form relationships easier. Even if you don't follow the same formula, it's still a very interesting read.

MODS -- I'm not spamming (or attempting to). I would like to point out to not just you but all here that even though I'm still figuring things out, I've seen from third person perspective how a friend of mine who is also an Aspie has learned a lot from this book and it's helped him.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 9:29 am

CowboyFromHell wrote:
Before I get jumped, I'll admit I've not really attempted to put into action what I've learned (no money for getting out), but this is some of it as I can summarize it:

A lot of it seems to depend on time and place. Some places are good to meet someone for a relationship and some places for a one night stand, where women specifically go to get laid.

Trying to attract her without making it look like you're doing so is the main concept behind the art of picking up women. You want to make things flow naturally, which after lots of practice can become possible.
Make jokes and bring up conversations that will make yourself appear interesting. Act cocky (but respectful) and make her question her value in comparison to yours (as exposing your interest can make her feel that her worthiness is more-so superior to yours). I'm not saying to make her feel bad about herself, but to appear as though you have a high social value.

Women are more socially developed naturally than men (even regarding the Asperger's spectrum), because they have received more "hit-ons" than all of your attempts (in general) put together. Either way you are still hitting on her, and she can tell. But if you are following the advice above you will appear less needy (as though successful interactions with women are an everyday thing for you, therefore increasing your social value through her perspective.

I learned this from: http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Method-Be ... 993&sr=1-1 Despite the title and overall sleazy-natured vibe it is reeking of, it is not just about pickup skills for getting laid fast, because it is really moreso about forming structured social interaction skills in general, and will help you form relationships easier. Even if you don't follow the same formula, it's still a very interesting read.

MODS -- I'm not spamming (or attempting to). I would like to point out to not just you but all here that even though I'm still figuring things out, I've seen from third person perspective how a friend of mine who is also an Aspie has learned a lot from this book and it's helped him.

I have heard of this technique and even much of the theory behind it. What I need though is a sense of the specifics of the interaction. Having had no experience in this field I want to be able to have a sense of the specifics .For instance the advice about flirting with the eyes that a previous poster gave. I also don't like a sleezy vibe because I instinctively distrust that source of information. My main focus is on creating romantic relationships more so than picking up chicks for casual sex.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 9:59 pm

JohnisBlind wrote:
I have heard of this technique and even much of the theory behind it. What I need though is a sense of the specifics of the interaction. Having had no experience in this field I want to be able to have a sense of the specifics .For instance the advice about flirting with the eyes that a previous poster gave. I also don't like a sleezy vibe because I instinctively distrust that source of information. My main focus is on creating romantic relationships more so than picking up chicks for casual sex.

That was actually one of the last things I said in my post. It's not just for one night stands. I guess it just depends on how far you wanna take it, meaning that's up to you. The book is basically teaching you how to get your foot in the door. Like I said, if you use this technique in a bar, you're gonna end up with a one night stand. If you use the same technique (possibly toned down just a bit)... yeah.

One way that it has helped me is that once it taught me a few things about the way that women think, even though I've not made attempts at picking up, my confidence has elevated. That's all you really need.