What are the best how to guides on flirting?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 12:11 pm

What are some of the best how-to guides on flirting and how to demonstrate attraction toward somebody?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

haven't you made enough of these hitting on/flirting thread yet???

it's all starting to remind me eerily of the Dr. Seuss book "Green Eggs and Ham"
If they haven't responded to the other previous thread clones, they're still not going to want to answer this one.

This particular topic has been utterly exhausted.
Flooding the forum with more like this is just annoying :?

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 12:59 pm

Geez, man. Give it a rest.

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

We´re talking about biological life here, often believed to be both complex and dynamic. I think you need to start looking at this issue a bit more from a case-by-case perspective, since all situations are different.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 1:39 pm

You have recieved solid posts telling you about "The Game", direct advice from experiences, and a great post from Willard on the "how to hit on someone" thread. There's no way you could have tried everything already. Before asking more of the same questions, try exploring some of the answers you've already been given first.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:00 pm

There is a stickied thread at the top of this forum called "DataSage's Guide". At 36 pages long, it contains everything you need to get started.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:03 pm

deadeyexx wrote:
You have recieved solid posts telling you about "The Game", direct advice from experiences, and a great post from Willard on the "how to hit on someone" thread. There's no way you could have tried everything already. Before asking more of the same questions, try exploring some of the answers you've already been given first.

Thank you deadeyxx. I have downloaded that book and I have some discomfort with a book that provides guidance with chapters like "how to isolate the target" it may be useful but I am looking for a somewhat less sexist sounding advice. I will look at Willards post again.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:06 pm

Janissy wrote:
There is a stickied thread at the top of this forum called "DataSage's Guide". At 36 pages long, it contains everything you need to get started.

Thank you.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:08 pm

Seanmw wrote:

it's all starting to remind me eerily of the Dr. Seuss book "Green Eggs and Ham"
If they haven't responded to the other previous thread clones, they're still not going to want to answer this one.

Many people think that flirting is a different thing from hitting on somebody.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:09 pm

Seanmw wrote:

Many people think that flirting is a different thing from hitting on somebody.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

Janissy wrote:

Their is a lot of needless stuff about "alpha maleness" I am not an Alpha male or beta male. I am a human being looking for human connection. I'll read it but I think its useful content needs to be separated from all of the junk.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:47 pm

JohnisBlind wrote:
Janissy wrote:

Their is a lot of needless stuff about "alpha maleness" I am not an Alpha male or beta male. I am a human being looking for human connection. I'll read it but I think its useful content needs to be separated from all of the junk.

Many of the subsequent posts- the bulk of the 36 pages of the thread- are just exactly that sorting.

The thing is, people who want written guides about how to flirt usually are just looking for a hookup. So that's the demographic that the guides are written for. If you are just looking for a human connection, then asking many questions about how to hit on women is the exact opposite of what you need. Men who want a hookup want advice on how to hit on as many women as effectively as possible. Men who want to make a human connection with a woman don't need advice on how to hit on women. If you want to connect with women as humans, then just talk to them as fellow people and scrap all this hitting on/flirting with stuff.

You seem to want things that are diametrically opposed, which hinders any advice you can be given. Although at this point the sheer quantity of advice you have been given is so huge that it's now time to stop asking for advice and start sifting through the data dump you've been given. billsmithglendale is right about that.

However, I will give just one teensy bit of advice to hopefully prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot.

Your posting style is to start an enormous amount of threads on basically the same subject and keep on grinding away at people until they either give you the data you request or scream (or make a thread) in frustration. A little feminine intuition tells me that this is bound to be your flirting style as well- that you will keep hounding women with slight variations on the same line until they get really angry with you. Since it's your posting style. logic tells me it is your real-life interaction style as well. If I'm wrong, then it's all good. But if I'm right, you will have to supress and supress hard your intense urge to keep asking a woman if she wants to go out with you. Flirtatious suggestions are like threads about flirting. You should really just stick to once.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

John, check out Leil Lowndes, all her books are great!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... _100&fsc=7

I found Leil's books 'how to talk to anyone', and 'how to make anyone fall in love with you', especially helpful. I think her book aimed at men called 'undercover sex signals' would be very useful for you.

also check out video jugs dating section, its full of gems
http://www.videojug.com/interview/how-t ... sk-her-out

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

Janissy wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
Janissy wrote:

Many of the subsequent posts- the bulk of the 36 pages of the thread- are just exactly that sorting.

The thing is, people who want written guides about how to flirt usually are just looking for a hookup. So that's the demographic that the guides are written for. If you are just looking for a human connection, then asking many questions about how to hit on women is the exact opposite of what you need. Men who want a hookup want advice on how to hit on as many women as effectively as possible. Men who want to make a human connection with a woman don't need advice on how to hit on women. If you want to connect with women as humans, then just talk to them as fellow people and scrap all this hitting on/flirting with stuff.

You seem to want things that are diametrically opposed, which hinders any advice you can be given. Although at this point the sheer quantity of advice you have been given is so huge that it's now time to stop asking for advice and start sifting through the data dump you've been given. billsmithglendale is right about that.

However, I will give just one teensy bit of advice to hopefully prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot.

Your posting style is to start an enormous amount of threads on basically the same subject and keep on grinding away at people until they either give you the data you request or scream (or make a thread) in frustration. A little feminine intuition tells me that this is bound to be your flirting style as well- that you will keep hounding women with slight variations on the same line until they get really angry with you. Since it's your posting style. logic tells me it is your real-life interaction style as well. If I'm wrong, then it's all good. But if I'm right, you will have to supress and supress hard your intense urge to keep asking a woman if she wants to go out with you. Flirtatious suggestions are like threads about flirting. You should really just stick to once.

Your intuition is not correct. I don't hit on very many women at all because I don't know even know how to meet people of either sex. Its been a year since I've moved to this new town and I have made no new friends. I want to know how to meet lots of women for all kinds of connections/friends/lovers/romance. Also when I say that I want to connect with a women as a human I don't think its diametrically opposed to being sexual with that person. I want human and sexual connection with a woman, whether its a night or a week or a lifetime.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2010, 6:06 pm

It doesn't matter how many tips you get, what books you read, or what movies you watch. If you don't actually get out there and try to meet women, you'll never truly know what works or not.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 6:14 pm

I can't recommend anything as I've never (fully) read a book about love/dating/whatever, but I would say try reading something by a woman. I read a bit of a book about hitting on women (written by a man) and it sounded a bit sexist and all the stuff I was reading I kept thinking 'that wouldn't work on me'. Maybe start with some womens magazines.