How do you want your SO to view you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:56 am

How do you want your significant other to view you?

Are you ok with them seeing you as you are (an aspie with flaws) or do you want them to view you in an idealised way? (eg a confident NT)

Do you want a partner who sees you in a way that others dont?

Are you ok with them seeing your faults and loveing you anyway or would you prefer if they did not see your faults?

Are you insulted if your partner views you in a way you dont want to be but they like that in you? (eg they like fat girls but you dont want to be viewed as fat or they like wimpy guys but you dont want to be viewed as wimpy)

Should people only have relationships with people they think only in positive terms or is it normal to view your partner as flawed?

how would you respond to people not likeing how you view them? (lie or not tell them?)

all thoughts on this wellcome :sunny:

tomhead
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2010, 3:52 am

I want somebody who's madly in love with the whole package, flaws and all.

Cheers,

TH

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 4:05 am

I want someone who likes me for me, and doesn't constantly tell me how I can "correct myself" or "be more attractive".

I cant imagine having a long term partner like that and its a killer key factor in who I choose to marry if ever.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 4:51 am

tomhead wrote:
I want somebody who's madly in love with the whole package, flaws and all.

Cheers,

TH

This. Definitely this.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 5:09 am

As s confident, autistic Kinks Fan.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Sep 2010, 6:22 am

It would be nice if she noticed my flaws. I want someone who understands that I am NOT normal & I have problems with certain things that normal people don't. I also want someone who makes me a better person & protects me from my flaws; like helps me to try & overcome things & is willing to step in & do a task I have problems doing & avoids putting me in situations/positions where certain flaws will come out. I'm not sure if this answers the OP but I don't care how my partner sees me as long as she sees me as someone she wants to be with. Maybe I want someone who understands & knows me better that I understand & know myself

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 11:26 am

I would much rather have them accept me as a whole, flaws and all. I have my flaws I know and I'm not particularly going to to stress myself over trying to hide them. It's a futile process anyway. I will try to the be best me I can be though.

The women I've liked all had their flaws. For the most part it's normal to expect such flaws and it even adds some sense of realistic appeal.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:05 pm

Loving someone is about knowing their flaws and not caring. If your partner sees you as something you're not, it isn't healthy for the relationship, whether you're Aspie or not. It also increases the chance you'll be cheated on, since he/she is clearly looking for a "type", not you for who you are.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 4:17 pm

I'd like to be seen as confusing and unpredictable, but not emotional. "What is it with that girl?"

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 6:12 pm

Any girl who understands me and likes me for who I am, regardless of my condition and my occasional flaws.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 9:47 pm

More or less the same way I see the SO.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 2:58 pm

As others have already said, I want someone who sees my flaws but also my good qualities, and thinks the overall balance is still positive, and will help me overcome those flaws when needed. And I'd do the same for her, of course.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 6:10 pm

Not tell the significant other about my flaws? Really? If it's a serious relationship (implying 'Significant Other'), why keep something secret? Lying and such, only makes the relationship less stable, I would hate admitting my flaws, but it would be really necessary to confess before going that far in the relationship.

I guess, I would want her to view me not really as a sensitive Aspie or an overconfident NT. Somewhere in between. We could relate, have each other to rely on when there's no one else for that, etc... and of course, accept each other for who we are, not demanding more than what's possible for either of us.

I guess I might have over-expectations for relationships... would make sense since I haven't been in one.

TheMinnesotaIceman
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2010, 8:05 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I want someone who likes me for me, and doesn't constantly tell me how I can "correct myself" or "be more attractive".

I cant imagine having a long term partner like that and its a killer key factor in who I choose to marry if ever.

^ This.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 9:00 pm

I want to be viewed as indisposable, irreplaceable, and absolutely vital to maintain a connection with. Of course, that applies to more than just personal feelings. Basically, I want to not have to worry about something coming to an end...