Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SpottedTiger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2010, 2:30 pm

So a guy who knows I have textbook Aspergers and severe social awkwardness is in love with me apparently, even with my strange eating habits and tendency to ramble. This concerns me, for honestly I don't know I like him back. He's pretty intent on at least dating me, so I finally gave in and told him I was willing to go to a movie or something. I have no idea what the hell people are supposed to do on a date, and I certianly have no clue why the third most neurotypical person I know to exist adores me. I mean, he's a nice guy and all, and he isn't all bad to look at, but I jus feel no overpowering feelings for him. I'm gonna give him a chance but I don't want him to end up getting his feelings hurt at my occasional "insensitivity" and "blunt honesty". He does know I have Aspergers and I did explain some of my symptoms so he'd know what to expect.

Anyway I don't even know what a date is, which leads me to not know how to go out or whatever the heck its called. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can already see me reacting badly if he tried to kiss me.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 2:40 pm

SpottedTiger wrote:
So a guy who knows I have textbook Aspergers and severe social awkwardness is in love with me apparently, even with my strange eating habits and tendency to ramble. This concerns me, for honestly I don't know I like him back. He's pretty intent on at least dating me, so I finally gave in and told him I was willing to go to a movie or something. I have no idea what the hell people are supposed to do on a date, and I certianly have no clue why the third most neurotypical person I know to exist adores me. I mean, he's a nice guy and all, and he isn't all bad to look at, but I jus feel no overpowering feelings for him. I'm gonna give him a chance but I don't want him to end up getting his feelings hurt at my occasional "insensitivity" and "blunt honesty". He does know I have Aspergers and I did explain some of my symptoms so he'd know what to expect.

Anyway I don't even know what a date is, which leads me to not know how to go out or whatever the heck its called. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can already see me reacting badly if he tried to kiss me.

I think you should go for it, it might develop into a real nice relationship. :)
Although you should lay out some boundaries beforehand- say to him something like 'can we take it slow?' which translates to 'don't kiss me' etc.

Good Luck! :)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 2:46 pm

Yeah, take it slow. I guess a date is like when friends hang out, only the possibility for a deeper connection is possible. I'm not sure since my experience is really limited. Anyway, good luck! :D

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 2:48 pm

Erisad wrote:
Yeah, take it slow. I guess a date is like when friends hang out, only the possibility for a deeper connection is possible. I'm not sure since my experience is really limited. Anyway, good luck! :D

I think the word 'date' is way overused. Now it always seems to mean it's going to end in kissing or something. :|
I do not want that much, if any contact on a first date.
Hopefully the guy she's talking about is a good guy and will respect her. :)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

emlion wrote:
Erisad wrote:

I think the word 'date' is way overused. Now it always seems to mean it's going to end in kissing or something. :|
I do not want that much, if any contact on a first date.
Hopefully the guy she's talking about is a good guy and will respect her. :)

I usually can't tell if it was a date until after the fact. Like, I thought we were just going out to eat to avoid the campus food for an evening. XD

I don't know if I would ever kiss on the first date or not. If I felt a strong connection with the person, maybe. *shrug*

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 11:26 pm

I have been on a few dates. Mostly with my most recent ex girlfriend. I think a date is just like hanging out with friends but less casual and more intimate. I dont ever expect a kiss or anything on a first date but if it feels right I will go for it