Why are a lot of women on here so hypocritical???

Page 5 of 12 [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Hale Bopp is not one to comment on who's picky.

What because i'm picky, im not allowed to notice when other people are picky? I don't complain about guys not liking me, I think you will find thats the difference. I take responsibility for it, and my lack of boyfriend need not affect anyone else.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:41 pm

First of all, you're not pissing me off and I don't mind complaining as long as it's not hateful - yours isn't. In the end, your negativity only impacts your life, not mine :wink: But wait until the OP sees what we've turned his thread into 8)

Erisad wrote:
But once I look better, I'll be more appreciated by society as a person. There are opportunities that are only available to the beautiful.

I honestly wish you were right - my own experience is very very different I'm afraid. Building some self esteem will help much more.

Erisad wrote:
I don't see anything to respect about myself. I'm unemployed, don't have my license, unattractive, can't maintain a relationship to save my life or anything else that women are respected for.

Oh dear, if I worried about "what women are respected for" I'd be in deep poo. You don't have to respect yourself for what you do yet, start with what you are.

BTW if you're just getting a University/College diploma why do you think you'll end up in a dead end job/place? The beginning is tougher, but you should have more options than others.

Don't get me wrong, but we are derailing this thread - I'd be more than glad to talk to you more if you think I can offer any insight, but you should start a thread about it or PM me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:46 pm

I can understand having standards, which I would encourage everybody to have, regardless of gender.

But just have standards that don't require the ability to defy human nature (for example, don't expect people to be 100% emotionally self-sufficient, because nobody is).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:48 pm

Hi Erisad,

I searched but I couldn't find the picture. Could you provide a link? (I'm curious now haha). To be fair, I have also posted a picture up of myself in the general "post a pic" thread in the Members Only Forum here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3107053.html#3107053

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:51 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
But just have standards that don't require the ability to defy human nature (for example, don't expect people to be 100% emotionally self-sufficient, because nobody is).

well put.

my standards are strange - about finding someone who i'm actually compatible with, rather than trying to force something that doesn't work.

someone said something good to this effect a few posts ago but i don't feel like looking for it.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
First of all, you're not pissing me off and I don't mind complaining as long as it's not hateful - yours isn't. In the end, your negativity only impacts your life, not mine :wink: But wait until the OP sees what we've turned his thread into 8)

Erisad wrote:
But once I look better, I'll be more appreciated by society as a person. There are opportunities that are only available to the beautiful.

I honestly wish you were right - my own experience is very very different I'm afraid. Building some self esteem will help much more.

Erisad wrote:
I don't see anything to respect about myself. I'm unemployed, don't have my license, unattractive, can't maintain a relationship to save my life or anything else that women are respected for.

Oh dear, if I worried about "what women are respected for" I'd be in deep poo. You don't have to respect yourself for what you do yet, start with what you are.

BTW if you're just getting a University/College diploma why do you think you'll end up in a dead end job/place? The beginning is tougher, but you should have more options than others.

Don't get me wrong, but we are derailing this thread - I'd be more than glad to talk to you more if you think I can offer any insight, but you should start a thread about it or PM me.

Okay, I'll PM you because I don't want to start a topic about it. Especially not here. >.<

sunshower - Here you go. I have a few pics in here on pages 1 and 9. http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt135989.html

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:46 pm

:oops:

Hi all!

I am writing this message to apologise for a previous post where I had intimated that the reason "why women on here are so hypocritical" was because they were mostly b*****s/whores. It has been pointed out to me by the management that some of you may not be fully aware of the concept of satire and inadvertantly took offense at this. There are many useful books that may assist you with this, including:

Emil Draitser's Techniques of Satire: The Case of Saltykov-Shchedrin
Jae Num Lee's Scatology in Continental Satirical Writings from Aristophanes to Rabelais
Jacob Bronowski & Bruce Mazlish's The Western Intellectual Tradition From Leonardo to Hegel

Thank you for your understanding

Last edited by mjs82 on 11 Oct 2010, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:05 am

You look pretty damn attractive to me Erisad. Friendly and warm too.
Don't be so hard on your appearance.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:10 am

hale_bopp wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say. I think you're beautiful, and your personality shines through in your face.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:16 am

sluice wrote:
In any case, there isn't much of what I'd call masculinity here. I doubt very many of the women posting in this forum do find the men here attractive, unless they're the mothering type. I date rarely anymore and have had limited success so my opinion might belong in the garbage, but it seems to me most of the guys should be working on their self-confidence and self-respect first.

I could be wrong, I can't speak for everyone around here but weighing in aggregate I'd think that most posters are more collected and successful than how they appear on paper. You're seeing their aches or difficulties, you're not seeing integrity or successes because its not the gearing of the venue. There's likely a similar reason to this as to why most NT's won't share their deepest thoughts, fears, anxieties, etc. - it wouldn't look all that different.

sluice wrote:
The gender wars can be fun, but I don't think it is very constructive if the purpose of this place is to learn social relationship and dating skills.

Sports or online games would be better for that. Even if people decided to just be facetious and crack jokes on each other - not everyone, especially newcomers, would have received that memo.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 9:03 am

sunshower wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say. I think you're beautiful, and your personality shines through in your face.

Awww, shucks. Thanks guys. :oops:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:52 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Eye c0ncUr

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 1:49 pm

AngelRho wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Eye c0ncUr

Thanks. :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 3:53 pm

Oh please...... c'mon!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 4:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Oh please...... c'mon!

We might be going off-topic, but I think the negativity and personal attacks in this thread should be balanced out with some honesty and kindness. I've said my piece though, and I won't derail the thread further.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 5:09 pm

Daang, and they say women are harsher judges than men.