I've met this wonderfull person

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Narocos300
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2010, 6:21 pm

That I can't seem to get out of my head.
Evertime I lay back and relax my mind seems to drift to her.
But I don't know yet whether she thinks the same about me as I do about her.

She seemed just as shy as I was the first time we met.
And I've been thinking about her ever since I met her.

I met her through a freind who knew her.

Who'd been talking about this girl for some times, when I finally met her, I could see was a stunner.

And I need some encouragment and advice about what I should say in my conversation on asking her out for a date, I'd really like to see her again,

But I don't know what to say to her when I ring her, because I don't know whether she feels to same about me as I do about her.

Because I think she's a really interesting and Intellegent girl, who likes dr who and seems to like lord of the rings and she's into Anime, which I'm kind of into so yeah :D

It'll be intresting to see how I can further my freind ship with this person.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:29 pm

Clone her.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:30 pm

Everyone likes dr who but no one likes the face :(

Narocos300

12 Oct 2010, 6:36 pm

I don't think thats a sufficient answer, but thanks any way, 8)

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm

I am going through the same thing and totally just cannot work up the courage to say how I feel and my shyness paralyzes me and I just cant say it.

RyanS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Oct 2010, 9:57 pm

From what I can tell... in a similar situation, I wouldn't just tell her all my feelings and desires for her right away.

I recommend... you show her you're interested in friendship. Ask her for a chat or a casual date, somewhere pleasant and relaxing. Don't confess your eternal love or secret obsession.

I've had a lot of experience with relationships, and I used to struggle with the question of when/how/where to approach her and what to say. I've learned that regardless of how I feel (and these days I control my initial feelings better), it's best to begin casually, ask her for some basics, talk about both of your interests, and go from there.

My last few close relationships (with females) began as friendships, and after we were comfortable with each other we talked about our other feelings, some of which didn't develop for months into our relationship, and that's good.

It's important that she's comfortable discussing whatever feelings you or she may have. That way even if she doesn't feel the same you can remain friends, and you may have a chance for something more in the future.

Anyway, try to have a pleasant relationship with her, and don't worry about the titles involved. If she likes you, you can try the romantic stuff later. If she doesn't want that stuff, you can just have a pleasant relationship.

Friendship first is very important! Try it and see how it goes. Learn more about her and tell her about yourself, apart from the feelings you have for her.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

if you had said "of boo" after that statement it would have been a pretty catchy time to break into song. :P

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 11:53 pm

RyanS wrote:
From what I can tell... in a similar situation, I wouldn't just tell her all my feelings and desires for her right away.

I recommend... you show her you're interested in friendship. Ask her for a chat or a casual date, somewhere pleasant and relaxing. Don't confess your eternal love or secret obsession.

I think this is very good advice. Don't frighten her off by coming on too strong right away. Attention can be flattering, but obsessiveness can be frightening (of course, it can also be flattering under the right circumstances, but these are very rare--it's best to err on the side of caution on this one).

You seem to have similar tastes in media. Perhaps you could invite her to watch an anime/some Doctor Who/whatever else you might think be good.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 3:41 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

if you had said "of boo" after that statement it would have been a pretty catchy time to break into song. :P

Everyone likes dr who but no one likes the face of boo
not even lady hale bopp who treat me like a poo
hélas! I am stuck in my tube like a monkey in a zoo
crying all alone like a mad cow screaming moo

Narocos300

13 Oct 2010, 6:08 pm

Kaybee wrote:
RyanS wrote:

I think this is very good advice. Don't frighten her off by coming on too strong right away. Attention can be flattering, but obsessiveness can be frightening (of course, it can also be flattering under the right circumstances, but these are very rare--it's best to err on the side of caution on this one).

You seem to have similar tastes in media. Perhaps you could invite her to watch an anime/some Doctor Who/whatever else you might think be good.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to frighten her away, any way me and her haven't seen each other, since the first time we got together.

But I want to be able to take her out somewhere, so me and her can have a better conversation.

The first time we met was pretty good, but it was a pretty heavy day of Wine Drinking with a good Male Freind of mine, who's looking after my best interests, and I would like to meet her under less peer Pressured(e.g less pressure to have 3 or 4 drink, then I can have a better conversation) ,

She dropped me home, I don't know whether that said anything,

And I felt the suggestions to get her to watch Dr Who where Funny, \

The best way I can describe this is with a song,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s95Mm0cFqg[/youtube]

But anyway fingers crossed.

I'm keeping me cards close to my chest, but secretly I want something to be possible in the way of a freindship because that would be fantastic.

Untill now, only close Family and freinds know how I feel, I'd like to further my freind ship, but its hard to put left foot in front of the right foot sometimes in the way of meeting girls and such .

Up until now I've never met anyone so close to my own interests.

Narocos300

18 Oct 2010, 5:20 pm

Quote:
think this is very good advice. Don't frighten her off by coming on too strong right away. Attention can be flattering, but obsessiveness can be frightening (of course, it can also be flattering under the right circumstances, but these are very rare--it's best to err on the side of caution on this one).

You seem to have similar tastes in media. Perhaps you could invite her to watch an anime/some Doctor Who/whatever else you might think be good

I don't think I'm intereseted in a Freindship, long story short neither is she, plenty more fish in the sea, :wink:

I'll just have to keep fishing, long and hard :)

I wasn't getting my hopes up too high, so luckily I didn't hurt that much when she said she was "dating" / Intrested in my Mate, with whom had given me her number out of kindness.

Oh well sometimes you loose some sometimes you win some, luckly it didn't get too far :)

But at least I had to balls to take it as far as I did 8)