Teenager Kind of Down on His Luck

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MetalClassicRock123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Nov 2010, 7:25 pm

Hey I'm 17 years old, and I have AS. Allow me to open up on a more personal note. I'm currently in this dead-end relationship with an NT chick that seems to be going nowhere... I enjoy spending time with her, but it's just not sparking you know? Some days, I find myself wondering what life would be like with a GF with Aspergers. As far as I know, there aren't any in my school or around St. John's, which sucks majorly because I've always wanted someone else on my side of the metaphorical glass wall.

Anyways, a little bit about me. As mentioned I am 17 and currently in Grade 12, my last year of prison lol. :P I'm into classic rock and metal, my favorite old school rock bands including Rush, King Crimson, Pink Floyd (just like Floyd's mellowness) and ACDC. My favorite metal bands include Metallica, Megadeth, Slipknot, Amon Amarth, and Opeth.

While we're on the subject of music, I figured I may add that I am building a music studio of sorts in a room in my garage. :D :D I'm gonna move my guitars out there, and I'm gonna get a drumset, and a Macbook (which I need to save up for) and probably other things to be named later.

J'aime aussi le francais. I've been taking French pretty much all my life except last year, when they weren't offering it. My main problems are literal translations from English, and pronunciation.

Overall, I do pretty decent in school, though my average so far this year is a high 70 low 80 I think... :( I know I could do a bit better, I should put a tiny bit more effort in.

So that's all I'm gonna write for now, partly because NCIS is half-over :O but in the meantime, any ladies wanna respond, feel free to reply to this thread, or simply PM me :)

Darkmysticdream
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2010, 8:11 pm

Well, I'm posting as an AS female...we are out there, but there are fewer of us. One good place to find AS or at least tolerable NT females is through gaming (whether online, board, or LARP). Geeky girls are better in general, and you're more likely to find an ASD girl in the mix there.

My husband is spectrum and I'm AS and I think its TONS easier for us to be together than trying to deal with the drama of a AS/NT relationship.

Good luck! (although you might have better luck on other sites since there is a disproportionate number of guys on this site)

I'll suggest okcupid.com for friends and personals (though i think you're supposed to be 18 for that)

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 9:56 pm

Darkmysticdream wrote:
One good place to find AS or at least tolerable NT females is through gaming (whether online, board, or LARP). Geeky girls are better in general, and you're more likely to find an ASD girl in the mix there.

That is a very good suggestion. Well done Darkmysticdream.

To the OP: I wish you luck finding a girl you like.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 11:27 am

I was with an Aspie girl once, that was a pretty interesting roller coaster of emotions.

I wish you luck.