Girl, Four years younger than me is it a no-go?

Page 2 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 12:55 pm

alex wrote:
black_legion wrote:
Well, i'm 17 now, and well she's 13 ish she looks more or less the same age as me anyway. but i'm debating asking her out because i've really started to like her.

ignore my age under my photo i'm just planning a week in advance incase it still says 16.

you should ask her out. you're both under 18.

He should ask her out, however he should also wait at least a few years before doing so.

Both of them may be under 18, however as hyperlexian pointed out theres an age gap(4 years) that is pretty significant and will make her parents wonder what is intentions are and a 13 year old girl usually has little/no saying on this field.
Trust me on this one, I have two sisters, both of them liked hanging around with older guys, however they only started dating them when they were 16 and even them my parents freaked out and made several attempts to break the relationship.

Right now they are both a little older and my parents have faced the fact that they are going to date whoever they want.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 12:55 pm

If a 30 year old goes out with a 26 year old, it ain't a problem, so why should there be a problem here?

Ask her out if you like her.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 12:59 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
If a 30 year old goes out with a 26 year old, it ain't a problem, so why should there be a problem here?

because 13 year olds have limited life experience and shouldn't be involved in relationships.
a 26 year old is an adult.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:04 pm

emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

because 13 year olds have limited life experience and shouldn't be involved in relationships.

BS, I was in a relationship at 13 year old. My mum was pretty paranoid whenever me and my GF were alone together, but she never did anything to end the relationship.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:09 pm

I would say anyone under 16 is a child, at least mentally, and if you're over 18 -- don't go below 18. Don't be so desperate that you would go that young. Lots of women out there.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

BS, I was in a relationship at 13 year old. My mum was pretty paranoid whenever me and my GF were alone together, but she never did anything to end the relationship.

How old was your girlfriend?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:12 pm

emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

14 I think.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:28 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

14 I think.

Right, roughly the same age so roughly the same mental age - it's not the same as 13 year old and a 17 year old.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:30 pm

emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

14 I think.

Right, roughly the same age so roughly the same mental age - it's not the same as 13 year old and a 17 year old.

Meh, I still don't see the big deal, and you've yet to provide an actual reason why I should.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:33 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

14 I think.

Meh, I still don't see the big deal, and you've yet to provide an actual reason why I should.

Bluntly? A 17 year old will (generally) want sex and a 13 year old isn't mentally or physically ready for that.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:38 pm

emlion wrote:
Bluntly? A 17 year old will (generally) want sex and a 13 year old isn't mentally or physically ready for that.

Oh, that's your problem with it.

I disagree about a 13 year not being mentally or physically ready, though obviously it'd be illegal in most countries (there are a few exceptions, Spain being one).

But if you think 13 year olds don't get up to things sexually, you're ignorant.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:41 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:

I disagree about a 13 year not being mentally or physically ready, though obviously it'd be illegal in most countries (there are a few exceptions, Spain being one).

You think a 13 year old is physically ready for sex? How so?

& I don't think many 13 year olds are sexually active, or even aware.
Well shown by this site many members up to 30 years old aren't even doing things sexually.
Children are still innocent at 13 for the most part.
I wholeheartedly believe this. And call me ignorant if you want.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

17 and 13 would probably be a bit too weird. One of my friends is 19 and is with a girl who's 15 and nobody cares, but.. meh. :roll:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:46 pm

emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:

Well shown by this site many members up to 30 years old aren't even doing things sexually.

How are they not?

And ha, you're out of touch with reality if that's what you really believe. Honestly, by 13, most teenagers may not be sexually active (though many certainly want to be), but they are 100% aware of it all and, if they're lucky, they'll be exploring their sexuality somehow.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:51 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:

How are they not?

And ha, you're out of touch with reality if that's what you really believe. Honestly, by 13, most teenagers may not be sexually active (though many certainly want to be), but they are 100% aware of it all and, if they're lucky, they'll be exploring their sexuality somehow.

Well sex is for making babies and babies cannot be made until periods begin and they've not begun in most 13 year olds. Not ready. Also - i'm not sure if this would be true or not but surely they'd be pretty tiny down there at 13?

We're clearly not going to agree on this - but I feel like you're almost mocking me for thinking that 13 year olds have some innocence left.

When I was 13 I had no interest in boys - too busy having fun with dolls and playing tea parties and what not. Still very much at the 'ewww boys' stage. Much like some of my friends children are at now.
Then when I was 14, i had no choice in the matter, but i'm well aware thats not an issue, luckily, for most children.

But i'm going to stop contributing now as I feel uncomfortable with this discussion and with your kind of mocking attitude to me (with the 'ha' in your last post mostly and calling me ignorant.)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 2:08 pm

emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
emlion wrote:

How are they not?

Well sex is for making babies and babies cannot be made until periods begin and they've not begun in most 13 year olds. Not ready. Also - i'm not sure if this would be true or not but surely they'd be pretty tiny down there at 13?

We're clearly not going to agree on this - but I feel like you're almost mocking me for thinking that 13 year olds have some innocence left.

When I was 13 I had no interest in boys - too busy having fun with dolls and playing tea parties and what not. Still very much at the 'ewww boys' stage. Much like some of my friends children are at now.
Then when I was 14, i had no choice in the matter, but i'm well aware thats not an issue, luckily, for most children.

But i'm going to stop contributing now as I feel uncomfortable with this discussion and with your kind of mocking attitude to me (with the 'ha' in your last post mostly and calling me ignorant.)

Sorry, I didn't mean to mock you. I meant "ignorant" in the literal sense of the word, I didn't mean it as a derogatory term. But you don't seem too in touch with reality. The characteristics you're describing are more those of 10 year olds than 13 year olds. Sounds to me like you were just slow developing - fair enough considering that's something associated with Asperger's. But it does not apply to most 13 year olds.

Last edited by Asp-Z on 05 Nov 2010, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.