Why would he try to hide his okcupid profile from me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

madbirdgirl
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2010, 1:30 pm

There's this guy in my math class who I think is cute and I'd like to talk to him but I'm afraid to approach him because I'm not sure if he even finds me attractive. Before classes started we'd lurk each other back and forth occasionally on okcupid.
He never messaged me, and I didn't message him.
After classes started, I lurked him once more and he didn't lurk me back so I stopped and just assumed he wasn't interested. Then I anonylurked him (used the anonymous feature to view his profile) and I saw that he had changed his location to some city across the country, as if to hide his profile from me. It seems like he thought I was obsessed with him or something and wanted me to stop looking at his profile, even though I only did a couple of times.
:(
I also wonder if he feels embarrassed about me seeing it. I don't know. He does look at me a lot in the class we have together and a couple of times I saw him walk past me as if he wanted to say something but decided against it. Just in case he doesn't though, I've pretended not to notice him because I don't want to weird him out.
Does anyone know what might be going on?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:35 pm

Maybe he's shy and he changed his location on that site for unrelated reasons?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

He likes you.

As for okcupid, he could hide you without changing anything in location.

madbirdgirl
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2010, 1:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He likes you.

i just can't tell... i am a tad narcissistic and sometimes i suffer from romantic delusions.

also would him hiding me also hide himself from me?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:01 pm

madbirdgirl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He likes you.

i just can't tell... i am a tad narcissistic and sometimes i suffer from romantic delusions.

also would him hiding me also hide himself from me?

Changing his location would have the same effect for everyone , not just for you. If he wanted just to block you in specific , he could just use the "hide" button (aka ..block).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:21 pm

Maybe he's planning on moving soon, and is scouting around to find friends there beforehand. I've had friends who've done that before.

Changing your location just to hide from one girl wouldn't make sense, because then nobody else would be able to find you, either...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:25 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Maybe he's planning on moving soon, and is scouting around to find friends there beforehand. I've had friends who've done that before.

Changing your location just to hide from one girl wouldn't make sense, because then nobody else would be able to find you, either...

If that's really the case , then you madbirdgirl should act FAST. Go now! Seduce him, attack his thing, tear his clothes to pieces!!

umm....wait...that would be like rape...

just talk to him.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 3:07 pm

Just ask him if he wants to go to a movie and get it over with.

madbirdgirl
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

If that's really the case , then you madbirdgirl should act FAST. Go now! Seduce him, attack his thing, tear his clothes to pieces!!

umm....wait...that would be like rape...

just talk to him.

Chronos wrote:
Just ask him if he wants to go to a movie and get it over with.

Great suggestions guys. I think I'll ask him to a movie but we'll go to one of those discount theaters and see something that came out 6 months ago so there won't be any witnesses in the theater except maybe some other couple too busy sucking face to notice anything sketchy going on behind them because they also went to the movies for one purpose only... i'll sneak a roofie into his icee n jump 'dose bones! :P

kenny09
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2010, 5:40 am

Don’t waste your time so much small things, he must have had his thing to do... Internet is a shallow world, anonymous names do not matter as much as true relationship does..