Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:36 pm

I watched turning Japanese with Justin Lee yesterday. And what they pointed out about the culture was
Japanese men are not macho, to meek and mild for Japanese woman. Especially the Lolita Goth fashion
girls. On the show they had bras for Japanese men. I am not the most macho guy but I will not ware
bras. This brings me back to the joke I have at work I have at work about having a fetish for Japanese
men. That would a fetish for black girls and Japenese guys. After seeing that show I sure hope that
there isn't any truth in it or someone at work picks watches the show.

"About half of men aged 20 to 34, he says, are unmarried and only 20 per cent of them have girlfriends. Thirty per cent, according to Professor Yamada, have never had a girlfriend in their lives. For a country like Japan, which already has a shrinking population, this is a disaster."
I thinking, if I was a Japanese male equivalent aspie, I most likely would die alone

http://www.five.tv/shows/justin-lee-col ... sode-1-293

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

I love Justin Lee Collins & the song Turning Japanese. 8)

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:51 pm

So do I. I wonder if I actually like the song because they sing about Japanese, I never know.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:58 pm

I believe the song is a euphamism for the expression a male makes when he is in the process of ejaculation. Implying that all south east asian people are infact in permanent "cum face" mode which is probably a tad bit racist in a kinda lame sort of way

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 3:33 pm

I'm not an expert on Japanese culture, but I have heard some things through various sources, and yes, in fact there are several crises going on with younger adults (under 35) in Japan, the feminization of Japanese men being one of them. Reportedly many Japanese women are getting pretty disgusted with it, and it is one reason why some turn to foreigners for love, even in a country as insular and homogenous as that place.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 3:57 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
I'm not an expert on Japanese culture, but I have heard some things through various sources, and yes, in fact there are several crises going on with younger adults (under 35) in Japan, the feminization of Japanese men being one of them. Reportedly many Japanese women are getting pretty disgusted with it, and it is one reason why some turn to foreigners for love, even in a country as insular and homogenous as that place.

I kind of deduced that this would happen on all developed countries. Only difference in western countries is there are studs to monopolise the woman and make the high rate of single parent families, of which state can support. Why this hasn't already happened in Japan, I cannot say but the void will be filled by some cool Japenese men or foreigners. It is near impossible for monogamous culture to remain in
developed countries, monogamy was born out of necessaraty when survival was once hard.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 5:30 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:

I kind of deduced that this would happen on all developed countries. Only difference in western countries is there are studs to monopolise the woman and make the high rate of single parent families, of which state can support. Why this hasn't already happened in Japan, I cannot say but the void will be filled by some cool Japenese men or foreigners. It is near impossible for monogamous culture to remain in
developed countries, monogamy was born out of necessaraty when survival was once hard.

Yeah -- I think probably in the very long run, you will see a metro-sexualization of men, and eventually, a point where the distinction between men and women becomes academic (looking 100 years into the future, and betting on big increases in bio-tech, nanotech, and computing power that will push us towards more of a cyborg and test-tube baby existence, where we don't leave infant development up to chance). Men might actually cease to exist in their present form, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering that men are responsible for something like 90% of violent crime. I love being a guy, but I can see the negative sides of what men bring to table sometimes.

With regards to us vs. Japan - At least here in the U.S., there is still a pretty strong cultural current of the mid-west/south-west "pioneer, do-it-yourself, roughing it, firearm-owning, cowboy" type that I don't think Japan had. Their rural past was much more associated with serfs who farmed rice and other meager agricultural products and essentially didn't get their rights until after WWII. So in some ways, there is a lot more resistance here to city life and values from those in the middle of the country.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jan 2011, 9:00 pm

Laz wrote:
I believe the song is a euphamism for the expression a male makes when he is in the process of ejaculation. Implying that all south east asian people are infact in permanent "cum face" mode which is probably a tad bit racist in a kinda lame sort of way

That would make sense considering Liz Phair did a cover of it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQxw3YqGF0[/youtube]

This thread kinda makes me wish I lived in Japan. I'm not having any luck in America anyways. At least if I lived in Japan there would be lots of other guys who feel the same way so I would not feel as alone & maybe some of them would be interested in having an asexual relationship with me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kokujin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2011, 4:58 am

Everything in that video was true. I lived in Japan for five years and thought it was just crazy. then i found this book called black passenger yellow cabs, and it really made me understand the culture. I had a great time though, wish I could go back.