Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 9:30 pm

I've noticed a change on OKCupid today with regards to how personality traits are displayed. Now when you click on the personality tab on someones profile, it shows a set of bars instead of the graphs that were there previously that compared your personality traits to theirs and showed where they overlapped. I personally liked the fact that they showed both my personality traits as well as the other persons to make it easier to compare. What would be the reason for the change?

Hansie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2011, 3:07 am

It might have something to do many okcupid users being ignorant of normal distributions.

I miss looking at the overlaid distributions.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:40 am

Hansie wrote:
It might have something to do many okcupid users being ignorant of normal distributions.

I miss looking at the overlaid distributions.

Yes, I also would like compare my traits with theirs. The format doesn't allow you to do that because it only shows the personality profile of the other person.

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2011, 12:34 pm

I liked the overlay style much more. Also, I just noticed that the personality bars on my profile are completely different today from what they were yesterday... different traits have appeared, and traits that were there yesterday are now in different positions relative to each other... which is good considering what they showed yesterday didn't seem accurate at all, but at the same time makes me wonder what exactly other people are seeing. :?

CoalBogey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:35 pm

Formerly weren't some of the traits 'Unknown' (if someone hadn't answered enough questions)? Now there is a bar for every trait.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:28 am

I like the bars better. I couldn't understand all those graphs.

Of course all my matches have "less experienced in sex/love" as the bar on the very bottom (ie. all my matches are virgins who've never had a GF). But that's ok.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 6:50 pm

blue_bean wrote:

Of course all my matches have "less experienced in sex/love" as the bar on the very bottom (ie. all my matches are virgins who've never had a GF). But that's ok.

In my opinion, they should at least show my personality bars underneath that of the person who's profile I'm viewing so that I can see what I've got in common with that person. I understand that a lot of people didn't understand those graphs that were used previously but at least for me, I could compare my personality with the other person's and could see what, more or less, what we might have in common.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 7:31 pm

blue_bean wrote:

Guess that means im one of your matches.

Personally I joined out of curiosityof what it was since you cant access without being a memeber. Or so i thought.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:09 pm

MXH wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

Guess that means im one of your matches.

Personally I joined out of curiosityof what it was since you cant access without being a memeber. Or so i thought.

You can also count me as one of those guys who are still virgins.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:11 pm

Those changes make no difference at all.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

01 Mar 2011, 3:26 am

Well, uh...they were just bought by Match.

Also, what Face of Boo said.