Why do boys want good-looking girls?

Page 4 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2005, 5:10 pm

There is a level of initial attraction that is said to be natural from birth, which mostly revolves around symmetry. However, that alone isn't enough to carry the quest onward. A really 'hot' girl with a nasty, condecending attitude is not even worth looking sideways at.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2005, 12:49 am

I don't mind a little make-up also. I tend to be attracted to girls moderately good looking and smarter than myself. As for you Chris, I'm in High School and it's not as bad. At least not for me. Rumors and name calling are only for idiots or as a joke. Whether you pursue a relationship or not, most people will evantually get over themselves or find another way to make themselves seem superior. Most of my friends , male or female, are generally seen as decent looking people. Attractive girls are usually obsessed with pop culture and brand name clothing. *sigh*
Anyways, what's with all the scientific analysis's, does anyone have an opinion that doesn't sound so scientific? No offense intended.
Good luck surviving Middle School Chris. I know is sucks, but you'll make it.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2005, 7:46 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
*sigh*
Anyways, what's with all the scientific analysis's, does anyone have an opinion that doesn't sound so scientific?

How about this one: eye candy. When you're out on a date would you prefer to stare across the table (or glance, as the case may be) at someone attractive or someone unattractive? I place a very high value on intelligence and personality in a partner, but would also like it to be someone whose appearance makes my heart skip a beat, my knees go wobbly and causes a flood of hormones to rush through my system every time I look up. 8O

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2005, 8:29 pm

Thanks for not sounding like a textbook.
:D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 12:27 am

I agree with Jetson.

But I don't find many people attractive, which is a shame.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2005, 6:55 pm

i dont think looks matter all that much. all in all, it comes down to the personality. a bad personality(ie.full of herself) makes any girl ugly and the opposite with a girl i click with which is in the end weird and liberal girls. no BS, im serious. Thats also why i never understood why other guys thought britney spears was hot when i could not keep my eyes off the flaws.
AK

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 3:31 pm

(Mutant)
It's a natural genetic selection, we don't realize we are doing it, we just do it. sometimes its from someone pleasant we remember from our past, but for the most part its a subconscious genetic selection.
females do this as well, subconsciously looking for a good healthy male that will help provide them with strong healthy children and help protect and provide for them.

Aspies for the most part seem to go beyond this looking into who the person is, but still looks and health and age seem to matter much, if you do not think so then go out and watch the people passing by you in the streets and malls and without knowing them ask your self if your attracted to them, then ask your self why, and ask your self why you are not attracted to the rest.

Just remember, not all people are the same, what you may find attractive others may not, its all in the mix, thats why theres someone for everyone, if you can find them.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 5:39 pm

the first thing noticed are the looks and the importance of that is choosing someone you do not have a problem having sex with. however, looks should never, ever be the main indicator because there are plenty of hot girls i cant even stand being in the same room with because they are b*****s i could never get along with.
AK

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 5:58 pm

axelkat wrote:
however, looks should never, ever be the main indicator

It varies from person to person. I'm sure there are plenty of people in this world that wouldn't agree.

I'm not one of them, but still.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 6:51 pm

Mostly those guys with one track minds if ya know what i mean
AK

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2005, 12:18 am

I normally won't want to date someone unless they're at least a little good looking. I'm not completely vain. But, if someone's insanely bad looking, I wouldn't date them, but I might talk to them.

kaixo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2005, 3:28 am

i have questioned this many times, too.

i want some sort of attraction (mostly mental/similar thought processes) but i think that seeing someone as attractive, at least in my experiences, comes after that. or i am drawn to "different" features. my current interest has this very cro-magnon forehead and a rather aquiline nose. i think it is very attractive.

i used to think i was just intrinsically drawn to what is socially accepted as "unattractive" but i realized quickly that they are usually similar to me mentally, inasmuch as they are largely understood, thought of as brusque and blunt, but in my eyes at least, very logical and easily understood. i tend to bond with males on the basis that we both feel highly alienated, all the time (i.e. wrong planet!) not big on being highly emotional, but not apprehensive to talk about things from a philosophical or psychological perspective.

i also just adore it when someone pegs me as the type that cannot talk about things that are not profound/systematically related. i wish this happened more often, but i find it causes problems when "small talk" arises.

kaixo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2005, 4:20 am

i have questioned this many times, too.

i want some sort of attraction (mostly mental/similar thought processes) but i think that seeing someone as attractive, at least in my experiences, comes after that. i am drawn to "different" features. my current interest has this very cro-magnon forehead and a rather aquiline nose. i think it is very attractive.

i used to think i was just intrinsically drawn to what is socially accepted as "unattractive" but i realized quickly that they are usually similar to me mentally, inasmuch as they are largely understood, thought of as brusque and blunt, but in my eyes at least, very logical and easily understood. i tend to bond with males on the basis that we both feel highly alienated, all the time (i.e. wrong planet!) not big on being highly emotional, but not apprehensive to talk about things from a philosophical or psychological perspective. i just feel very much in my element when people can discuss subjects like this objectively/analytically.

i also just adore it when someone pegs me as the type that cannot talk about things that are not profound/systematic. i wish this happened more often. however, eventually problems when topics go from scholastic/intellectual to "small talk."

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2005, 8:34 am

What do I find attractive?

Brains: I like it when you can tell me that the wiz of oz is a commentary on pre war (WWII) relations with the USSR. . . . or at least understand what I mean when I say it and appreciate it. And possibly comment on it.

Looks: I don't like makeup. I don't like girls who look ok but are very out of shape(this is a bit complicated here); I like girls who may look very "plain" but are clearly in shape. Tanning your skin to look like one of those hot dogs in the case is revolting for me. Dying hair is fine by me, as long as it is not dyed red. natural red hair is attractive.

I seem to fall hardest for girls with blue eyes and black hair. . . .no idea why.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2005, 11:19 am

Rarity?

As for looks, Personality matters first. A good personality means good looks to me.......... Yes, I am wierd even for an aspie :P

strange_wraith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2005, 9:38 pm

Men are shallow, vain creatures who need someone who they think looks good to prop up their weakened egos. Look for a man who goes against the norm. I am a man, by the way.

"It's all right Ma, I'm only sighing"