Don't have similar interests as anyone 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
Don't have the right personality 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Something else 59%  59%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 70

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 2:21 am

I try to be as mature, hard-working, and basically the best role model I can be. I try being myself, and I am always honest (even if I am occasionally too honest). Yet I feel that I am still unworthy to be with anyone. I have tried making the first move when I come across someone I could be interested in, but correspondences usually last less than a week.

I am never purposely offensive or malicious, and often try to avoid heated debates.

So I am wondering if there's something wrong with me.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 19 May 2008, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 10:09 am

If anyone chooses "something else", they are welcome to elaborate on it.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 12:58 pm

You mentioned several times that you are seeking only for Aspie girls which is a bad strategy, aspie girls are rare.

Quote:
I try to be as mature, hard-working, and basically the best role model I can be. I try being myself, and I am always honest (even if I am occasionally too honest)

Such things alone are not enough, the important thing is the outcome of these traits. What are the outcome from your maturity and hardworking? Are you making a small fortune? Are you paying for your own house? do you have a high job position and a high social status? What are you weight and height? Do you practice physical activities ?(not what you are thinking abt)
Are you boring?

Besides, there's the luck element.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 19 May 2008, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:00 pm

I am currently a college student, and I am 5'10" and 190 lbs.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:05 pm

Ideal Weight Calculation:

Results:
According to your height of 5' 10" your ideal healthy weight is 156 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 139 and 173 pounds.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/iwc

I don't think few additional lbs is the main reason

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:07 pm

I still disagree on the status issue.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:16 pm

^^ you'll end up alone if you keep thinking like this.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:38 pm

Prince does has a point, Tim. I would listen to his advice and maybe its helpful in the end. I don't limited myself to female aspies because some of my female friends are NTs and they understand me pretty good at times and who knows maybe one of them likes me with feelings that I don't know of.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:39 pm

Even having all the qualities that are very likely admirable in a guy doesn't help me one bit.

Yet pretending to be someone else will make things much worse.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:43 pm

One must not always worried about things because it makes things go out of control at times. Personally, I'm just being myself when socializing basically.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:45 pm

That's what I always do, but I can never get my foot in the door with an NT, and maybe get it slightly ajar with an Aspie.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2008, 1:50 pm

pretending to be something you're not actually can work, if you're any good at it. The problem is, it wont create a long lasting and stable relationship.

The difference between an attractive man and an unattractive man is rarely just looks. I get overlooked for less attractive men all the time, and more importantly, equally attractive men. The difference between us was that they knew how to act in the company of others to make women want them.

And this isn't just self-help advice. I've tested it. It wasn't difficult, given my photographic memory and mimicry talent, to spend a week or two observing the behavior of "attractive" men, and then duplicate it and refine it in the presence of others. It was a resounding success. By acting like those people I loathe, women are finally paying attention to me. As a result of this revelation, I have decided I do not wish to date anymore. I'll be staying single for as long as it takes for me to naturally meet a woman who is actually compatible with me. I'd rather die single than participate in this farce.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:51 pm

Daewoodrow wrote:
pretending to be something you're not actually can work, if you're any good at it. The problem is, it wont create a long lasting and stable relationship.

The difference between an attractive man and an unattractive man is rarely just looks. I get overlooked for less attractive men all the time, and more importantly, equally attractive men. The difference between us was that they knew how to act in the company of others to make women want them.

And this isn't just self-help advice. I've tested it. It wasn't difficult, given my photographic memory and mimicry talent, to spend a week or two observing the behavior of "attractive" men, and then duplicate it and refine it in the presence of others. It was a resounding success. By acting like those people I loathe, women are finally paying attention to me. As a result of this revelation, I have decided I do not wish to date anymore. I'll be staying single for as long as it takes for me to naturally meet a woman who is actually compatible with me. I'd rather die single than participate in this farce.

Ditto. I am going to keep being the model citizen I am on here and in real life. That's the only way it should be.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 2:51 pm

Sounds good. Just be yourself and don't let opportunities slide by. They're rare but they do come...

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 2:53 pm

Zara wrote:
Sounds good. Just be yourself and don't let opportunities slide by. They're rare but they do come...

I am still gearing toward the AS-AS relationship approach, but I am still going to do the model citizen thing.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 3:13 pm

Tim, I think you are a model citizen, amongst many who are not. I think that you are probably intimidating to most women, who hold themselves to slightly more lenient standards. In this day and age, you are a rare breed. I believe you are genuine, and I don't think you should change yourself,much. Maybe loosen some of your education restrictions? Anything can be learned. You will eventually find someone with similar beliefs,lifestyle, etc... It's just that there are not many "model" citizens anymore. You/they are a rare breed. Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place? I have found that most Aspies don't have the energy/know-how to be a model citizen. I could see you with a policewoman or similar type. Keep-looking Tim she's out there somewhere. :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.