She dumped me cause i was quote: "not social enough&quo

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 6:32 pm

still friends but proves that i am held back...
i dun know wat ill do.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 6:38 pm

What you'll do is feel like absolute crap for a while, but that's to be expected. It'll wear off eventually, even if it doesn't feel like it. Just stick it out and don't judge the whole future on it.

My only attempt so far ended up failing due to my mis-reading of the situation. Of course I don't consider it being dumped because I was never "in" to begin with. I just thought I was. I still have somewhat of a friend though.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 7:56 pm

You should move on .At your age you have enough time. This will happen to you until you find Ms. Right or Left. I know what it is like to be told one week "I love you" , and the next week told "I don't love you." Try to enjoy your teen years. I hope I was helpful.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 8:10 pm

Wait a minute... your profile a while ago said you were 28. Now you're 14?

Forget it then. Age is kind of relevant, so consistency helps. Looking at your post history and that, I don't think you take things seriously enough.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 9:03 pm

so either you're looking for someone twice or half your age...;) big difference there...;)

If you're 14...then don't sweat it...you're barely in the dating scene.
If you're 28, then you're getting close to the age when 'marrying fever' overtakes many a good woman, because 30 is considered by many to be crunch time for having kids...that could be part of it.

as we used to learn in Ply Sci...where you stand depends on where you sit.....

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 9:13 pm

Blasty wrote:
Wait a minute... your profile a while ago said you were 28. Now you're 14?

Forget it then. Age is kind of relevant, so consistency helps. Looking at your post history and that, I don't think you take things seriously enough.

hmm? oh, i put an adult age cause mother was a fraid of pedofiles. but i just changed it. i mean really? ON A WP FORUM!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:16 pm

You have my sympathy. I think that's one of the many reasons my friends left me, cause I wasn't outgoing and struggled to speak and react like they did.

Now I'm coming to a point where if someone wonders why I am the way I am, I just let them know that I have AS and that sometimes it's difficult for me to socialize. I'm amazed how some people take what I say into consideration yet there are some people who don't care or misconstrue it to be retardation.

I know it's easier said than done but you just got to move on and not stay stuck in this break up. I don't let relationships try and dictate me anymore because they used to drive me crazy. If one is not willing to give you the time of day or doesn't want to be with you for some reason, than that's there right and something you'll have to learn to deal with because relationships are full of that. You always have to prepare yourself of the what ifs but at the same time take a chance.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:21 pm

^ Nicely done. 8) :D

Those who know, don't speak.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:25 pm

I have been there, my Ex left me for being anti social, I refrained from saying you can dress up a pig, but you can't
take one out. She would have killed me on the spot, it was over by that time anyhow, I am also still friends with her too.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I can only imagine what that is like. Because of my own social akwardness, no one has ever wanted to date me. No one in school cared for someone that couldn't keep up with everyone else. I was picked on and treated like I was stupid because I couldn't catch on to social cues or didn't socialize with every single person. They never called me stupid but they talked to me like they were trying to explain things to me but also be as insulting as possible.

Every girl I thought I had a chance with would crush my spirits by either telling me that I wasn't her kind of guy or I would see them in someone else's arms when they knew how I felt about them. All because I wasn't one of the popular kids or one of the people that got their kicks out of bullying others.

Sorry to rant, this is just something that still bothers me to this day. I'm just trying to tell you that you're not alone in this. But I am much older than you are. I can't say for sure but since AS is becoming more well own, maybe it will be better for you. Don't give up. :)

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:51 pm

preludeman wrote:
You should move on .At your age you have enough time. This will happen to you until you find Ms. Right or Left. I know what it is like to be told one week "I love you" , and the next week told "I don't love you." Try to enjoy your teen years. I hope I was helpful.

i know know, BUT grad dance is next week! perfect timing! and it also hurts cause not that i lost her in the first place, but it was the cause: being an aspie. sure Gfs will come and go, but these social defects will hold me back in the future :(

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:26 am

I seriously don't even like the word SOCIAL now.

I hear it all the time.

"I'm doing this to increase socialization"

"Going out to socialize"

social social social social socialize socialize socialization socialization

Just shut up already. I don't really think people care all that much about talking to each other. It's shoved down our throats as kids, in jr high and high school. After school, I only see people who actually connect to others based on what resources they can gain from that person and what that person has for them. The people really don't care about what you like, what your interests are, what your day was like.

They want short answers because they don't care. They want to speed up conversation to find out the real info such as what they can use you for. They don't want what you are as a person, they want to borrow something, they want you to do favors etc..

What is friendship supposed to be? I thought it was supposed to be about talking to each other about your interests, your day, your problems, having fun and then helping each other out.

Geez, even friendship has become a convenience factor. Everything NOW NOW NOW....

So, what have I learned this week?

Not going to tell you.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 6:30 am

DiabloDave, this girl who dropped you is just a shallow loser moron. I know you don't see it now but in a while you will realise you had a lucky escape.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 10:15 am

DiabloDave363 wrote:
i dun know wat ill do.

You can get more social.

or:

You can forget her.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 10:15 am

You can find someone else, to whom your being social isn't so important.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 7:31 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:
i dun know wat ill do.

Personally if you did meet her social standards, you wouldn't want to date her anyway. She sounds like a snob and I'd have a hard time having any genuine respect for her.

I wouldn't dump anyway for not being social enough. :huh:

Kind of rude of her. So don't take it to heart. You might as well say to her "Oh I don't mind, I would rather someone more pretty and not as over weight as you". DON'T SAY THAT BTW :lol:

Anyway welcome to the world of woman :thumright:

Right try to learn how to be more social, look at it as a game really and don't beat yourself up for not being social enough. Try not to let woman drag you down. Also don't get a negative view of woman, their are a lot of great woman out there.