[HAPPY THREAD] Post good things about love/dating!

Page 1 of 32 [ 511 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 6:40 am

There's so many negative threads :(
Post how happy your current/past/near future relationship makes you feel.

I'm very much in love and it's super lovely.
What does your significant other do to make you smile? (:

WE NEED MORE POSITIVITY - BECAUSE SELF CONFIDENCE IS SEXY!

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:56 am

My husband lets me put my cold feet on him to warm them up. You can't buy love like that.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 8:01 am

being the little spoon ~purrs~

:::)

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 8:10 am

My bf encourages me to keep trying and helps me understand social things better.

Also, he asked me to dance at a party when there were very few people dancing and this was nice because he doesn't feel very comfortable with people looking at him dance usually.

Oh, and to top things off he's a great person as well. :D

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 8:48 am

My bf did some research on Asperger's just to help us communicate better. He looks at me the same way after a meltdown as he did before it. He never lets a day go by where he doesn't tell me that I'm beautiful. He's sooo good to meeee. :heart:

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 8:55 am

My list would go on forever but here are my favourite things:

He'll carry me up 4 flights of stairs when I'm too drunk to walk.
If i'm having a bad day he'll come home and make me my favourite dinner.
He'll just cuddle in bed if I don't feel like having sex.
He'll watch films he hates just so I don't have to watch them by myself.
He sends me flowers at least once a week.
He still tells me i'm beautiful when i've just woken up or look ugly.
He understands when I have a bad day and treat him badly.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 9:16 am

Well I'm afraid I wouldn't have much to say if i'm only allowed to talk about positives, but since you allow past relationships, here goes...

My ex was the perfect hug (at least for me). I know that doesn't sound like much, but you'd be surprised. Her body frame was just the right size for me, she had the perfect proportion of muscle and fat so it didn't feel like hugging a skeleton or a beanbag chair (i've hugged different people that fell into one or the other, and there's often some physical discomfort involved), she exerted the right amount of pressure, and she was warm to the touch, but not too hot (she was hot in the appearance sense though :oops: )

On top of that, she had this way of whispering sweet heartfelt i love yous into my ear in a way that just made me absolutely melt. And now it's gone forever... :cry:

It's probably a good thing she doesn't come on these boards, because this would probably creep her the hell out now... alas...

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 10:11 am

There's something ironic about finding self-confidence by being in a relationship.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 10:13 am

menintights wrote:
There's something ironic about finding self-confidence by being in a relationship.

Oh well. It is what it is. It doesn't matter HOW you find the confidence as long as you have it and are happy - this isn't hurting anyone else. :)

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:02 am

I'm far from in a relationship, and I have no chance of it happening anytime soon. Still happy though. I have finally realized what love feels like.

It's the most awesome thing in the world.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

15 Nov 2010, 11:28 am

Erisad wrote:
My bf did some research on Asperger's just to help us communicate better. He looks at me the same way after a meltdown as he did before it. He never lets a day go by where he doesn't tell me that I'm beautiful. He's sooo good to meeee. :heart:

@Erisad, I'm very happy for you. (I'm happy for all who are happy, its just that I remember @Erisad was feeling kinda sad about past relationships not too long ago.) I'm glad you've found someone who makes you feel cherished - everyone deserves that. This guy seems like a keeper. ;)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:32 am

Hummus makes me happy.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:39 am

Nice thread idea. I'll post here again when I have something positive to add to it.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:42 am

Erisad wrote:

Wish I could be good to someone...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:45 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Wish I could be good to someone...

You can, it's an easy thing to do.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 2:25 pm

HopeGrows wrote:
Erisad wrote:

@Erisad, I'm very happy for you. (I'm happy for all who are happy, its just that I remember @Erisad was feeling kinda sad about past relationships not too long ago.) I'm glad you've found someone who makes you feel cherished - everyone deserves that. This guy seems like a keeper. ;)

Lol, yeah. I'm also seeking counseling at my university to discuss my issues because I know that my bf can't handle all of them and it would be unfair to expect him too, even if he is aspiring to be a therapist. I had my consultation session today and that made me feel soo much better.

He is a keeper. His parents like me, now I need to somehow swing a meeting with my mom. Hopefully she won't tear him to shreds. I would also like for him to meet more of my friends but he gets nervous in large social functions. I'll have to figure that out eventually but I still loves him. :heart:

Toad - You can. Start by just being a good friend. If people see you treating your friends well, it shows that you are of good character. :)