Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

I have watched Katies Beautiful Friends and it makes me think how average people
face having cope disfigurement . Especially harder for woman as many men don't have
to worry as much.

I feel like if I had a burn, I would change my name to Gouda so I would have a unique and name unique face.

Having confidence is one thing, but how would that help if the guys don't call. I wonder if on this program
someone with disfigurement finds love. Unfortunately I just see humans as just products .

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

I remember reading a very sad article on how Katie's face was ruined. It is absolutely evil, what her boyfriend and the acid-thrower did. Mad, mad world. :evil:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 4:08 pm

Any background on the story? Is that a real story?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 4:34 pm

Simonono wrote:
I remember reading a very sad article on how Katie's face was ruined. It is absolutely evil, what her boyfriend and the acid-thrower did. Mad, mad world. :evil:

That reminds me of a real story happened to a model here, her ex-husband ruined her face with a boiled water because....

Hell, I don't even recall because of what , what I recall that not only he destroyed her social life and her face , but he also destroyed her career + the chronic pain....

Starlight-Supernova
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

It's a touching documentary...I watched that "The Ugly Face of Prejudice" too and there was a 50 year old guy who looked younger because of his scarring...he didn't look ugly to me...his eyes made him look actually attractive (I'm not gay btw) so people can live a normal life and he did.

Katie will be ok...she's made people stand up and realise because she was a model and it shows it can happen to ANYONE!