I couldn't think of any other more places than here...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2011, 1:04 am

Other websites leaned very much on saying that I am, or saying that I'm not and I'm just curious or confused, or saying overly-supportive things like "Just take some time and understand yourself and everything will make sense. Yeyeyeeyey..."
And friends won't help because my friends are either guys or girls and neither would be very helpful. Also, it would be uncomfortable to talk to them about stuff like emotions.

Hello, everyone.

I have asperger's and I think I'm bisexual.

I mean, because it's not like being lgbt is something you can diagnose. It's just how you are, much like this--being autistic or NT, etc.
I have been very honest with myself lately and--pardon me if I sound like I'm losing it because I am--I have realized how many times I have actually looked at another girl in "another way." I have grown up very reserved and so those types of feelings, I only thought were because I wanted to look like them or be like them (ie. they were either very pretty/nice/both), but now during teenage years, scare me. Not because I am afraid of what people will think--screw that, I am VERY afraid--but because... well I'm not sure... they are just scary... and kind of gross.
Scary because of that whole "what will people think/what will they say" thing. Gross because I actually have a crush on a couple of my friends, but of course, I'm not gonna do anything because they're my friends and they're not gay and did I mention they're my FRIENDS.
I've also never felt like any specific gender. I'm a girl. I don't want to be a boy. Thinking of it makes me uncomfortable. I sort of like being a girl, but at the same time, I don't feel like one. I act like a boy, I act like a girl. I am a girl who like boy things and acts like a boy but is a girl and is also attracted to guys like a straight girl. But I don't feel like either a boy or a girl...
I'm not sure exactly how this whole thing goes. I only know how to be that shy, stupid-on-the-outside, not-so-much-on-the-inside, freaking weirdo girl. I'm not sure what it's like being lgbt...
I've discovered I've been like this for as long as I can remember... as long as I've been weird. And I've discovered how every single time, I would dismiss it as me simply being a tomboy...
Only until the first thing I looked at in a modeling poster was the girl. That caught me off guard. Then I noticed how I've been looking at mostly the girls at my school instead of guys... or how my heart beat faster when I saw certain friends... or how that actually has been happening my whole life and I never noticed it until now because recently I've been noticing EVERYTHING and it's really taking a toll on me as you can see.
If you don't know what to say to this, answer the unwritten question: what do you think I should do? Really, I'm up to any suggestions. ANY. No one at all at any other place has been helpful.

Just a note: I'm having a meltdown at the moment.

Brb, drinking chamomile.

/rant

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:55 am

I think its just your age and wondering what the other side would be like. Many women throw the bisexual card around for just insecurity or experimentation.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 8:59 am

I think I know where you're coming from about the not feeling like a girl or a boy, I felt like that for a while. I'm not bisexual but I understand how it felt for me not to totally identify with either gender but rather bits of either gender.

I'm sure it's something that could cause distress along with figuring out your sexual identity, although I'm thinking that once you figure out your sexual identity that things will probably get easier for you. Being bisexual (I'm guessing) is harder than being homosexual because it's not so easy (for self or others) to catagorise.

Perhaps it may be helpful to stop trying to catagorise yourself and instead to try to learn how to accept yourself?

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 9:41 am

Gender and sexuality are different things.

Androgynes can be straight, gay, bi, or asexual (or any of the other sexualities).

It's OK to step back and wait until you get all this figured out. In fact, I would probably recommend it if you're confused about your sexuality.

First, some people will tell you that you should go out there and experiment. This isn't necessarily the case. About half the people that lose their virginity before graduating college regret it (assuming you're still a virgin). That goes up with experimentation.

Second, this is not something you want to rush. A lot of people develop sexual issues because of how they lost their virginity. If you don't step back, you're going to feel rushed.

Third, with time the answer will be obvious. Right now, you're just starting to think about this stuff, and so your emotions are high right now. As you step back, the emotion will go out of it and you'll begin to be able to analyze it.