Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

I've been getting dates by telling women on Plenty of Fish what I think they want to hear, I haven't been lying but I haven't been saying the first thing on my mind either. None of those dates worked out very well. So 2 days ago I sat down and messaged 30 women saying exactly what came into my head after reading their profiles. One of them wrote back. What I initially told her was that her profile made here seem very full of herself. She wrote back protesting that she really wasn't, that she was just trying to be funny. I've had no filter on my messages to her, I've been saying exactly what I thought and now I've got a date with her Sunday. I'm hopeful that I've finally found someone I can be myself with.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

good luck.

i haven'thad much luck with online dating at all lol.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

Good luck. I've been on that site for 2 years and lets just say its like fishing in the dead sea. 8O

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

That's a good experiment. My main problem right now is that I'm too stubborn/arrogant to speak to people on their level. When I did what you were doing about 2 years ago, it worked extremely well.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

The only thing more amazing than the op actually getting dates in PoF is that 2 people have gotten dates in PoF.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

What is a date? How can I get one? Is it expensive?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 7:16 am

A mistake guys make is telling a woman what he thinks she wants to hear. I take my hat off to the OP for going out on a limb and not walking on eggshells - just putting it all out there.

I find I don't reply to messages where they say what they think you want to hear, I'm much more inclined to reply to people who tell the truth.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 7:22 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:

I can get you a date but first you must pay me via Paypal the sum of £200. You can PM me for details.

hale_bopp wrote:
I find I don't reply to messages where they say what they think you want to hear, I'm much more inclined to reply to people who tell the truth.

Admirable.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2011, 12:13 am

Dates...hmm. I think I'm better at the calendar dates than the other kind :D
Why I stick around that Plenty of Freaks site is a mystery to me. Perhaps the once -in a- blue -moon reply mentioning basically that I write very well keeps me hanging on. Then of course they're never heard from again.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

Yeah she didn't work out. I thought dinner went fine, I hugged her afterwards, she said she definitely wanted to do this again. We continued corresponding via text message for a few days (yeah I'd love go off-roading with you in your jeep, yeah I love that show LOL, yeah let's get a drink soon...very busy with school work now blah blah) when she finally said that I acted like I was annoyed with her at dinner. That did make me annoyed with her, why did she wait so long to say that? When I told her how I felt she said this wasn't a good start and she didn't want to see me again. Whatever, fine. She came off as extremely self-conscious about her weight anyway.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

Mack27 wrote:
Yeah she didn't work out. I thought dinner went fine, I hugged her afterwards, she said she definitely wanted to do this again. We continued corresponding via text message for a few days (yeah I'd love go off-roading with you in your jeep, yeah I love that show LOL, yeah let's get a drink soon...very busy with school work now blah blah) when she finally said that I acted like I was annoyed with her at dinner. That did make me annoyed with her, why did she wait so long to say that? When I told her how I felt she said this wasn't a good start and she didn't want to see me again. Whatever, fine. She came off as extremely self-conscious about her weight anyway.

Sounds like a weirdo. What a stupid excuse.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2011, 11:50 pm

i'm on that site also, people seem to never reply.

I met up with one woman from the site and she has become a good friend but nothing else... I haven't dated anyone in about 4 years so I want to try it again soon if I ca

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

I was so fed up with that experience that I spent more time on okcupid and got a date there for next week. Another girl there said yes to a dinner invite but we haven't set a time yet. And now today someone from the original POF experiment messaged me, she apparently doesn't get online that often.

Online dating experience so far: I've dated 6 women since September of 2010. Only had a second date with one of them which turned sort of serious, saw her a couple dozen times at least, she turned out to be someone who only wanted to use me though. Prior to September 2010 I hadn't dated anyone for over 11 years. I've got at least one but I think probably 3 more dates in the coming 2 weeks. I'm accelerating.

I think I'm getting better at this, I'm going to find someone if it kills me. Sometimes I get really determined and motivated about something where I refuse to let it go like a wolf sinking his teeth into a rabbit and shaking it until it's dead. This has become one of those things.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:28 pm

When I was child, I did plenty of ant experiments, observing them how they behave and react to specific stimulus.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:

Move to my place, there's plenty of dates here.

They're cheap and delicious.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
A mistake guys make is telling a woman what he thinks she wants to hear.

The problem comes when a girl (or guy) actually engages the person directly on what they say. Usually it then all falls apart.

A lot of times in these situations you are metaphorically being asked to take a drink. You don't know if it's poisonous (i.e. harmful) to you, but either you're so desirous of the other person, or desperate, or whtever that you don't realise. Many times it is better to politely refuse the drink and disappoint the other person. See: narcissists.