My girlfriend thinks she might be pregnant?

Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2011, 10:53 am

Today my girlfriend, who is 16, told me that she thinks she may be pregnant, and that im the only one who could be the farther... Im also 16... this is really bad I feel so horrible I feel like im the worst thing that has ever happened to her! oh s**t s**t! :cry: :( :( :(

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 10:54 am

Try not to panic until you have definitive proof.

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

she wants to keep it if she is pregnant, and I have nothing agginst that, I want to be the farther if she is pregnant but we are only 16! I really hope she isnt pregnant :(

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

Your right emlion, she said that she will take a pregnancy test on wensday when she gets her pay, wensday is such a long way away :c

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

Is there a clinic like Planned Parenthood where you live? They might be able to offer free pregnancy tests and counselling for people in your situation.

I understand your fear and can't imagine being 16 and in your situation. Keep your chin up!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

If she thinks she is pregnant, then her first visit should be to a licensed medical physician (not an abortionist), preferable one specializing in obstetrics and gynocology. Several diseases and conditions can mimic the symptoms of pregnancy, and these should be ruled out before deciding what is to be done about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:54 am

Is there a reason you have to wait until Wednesday? You can buy tests at many Dollar Stores (or the equivalent). They are just as reliable as the test you're spending $12 for in the pharmacy.

You can also walk-in and take a urine test at MANY places. Planned Parenthood, churches that run abortion alternatives programs, women's centers, clinics... Many of them offer free testing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

She wants to wait four more days?

Maybe what she is really waiting for is a marriage proposal from you.

In which case, she may not actually be pregnant.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

orchidee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

Some tests can only be taken a few days after when the period is supposed to begin, which may be why she's not taking it right away.

What kind of birth control did you use?
What makes her think she is pregnant? Is it just her missed period?

At 16, some people's periods are not totally set in their schedules. Also, changes in behavior, stress level, diet, etc. can cause people's periods to be early, late, or to skip for a month. Stress compounds this! Tell her not to worry about it - and try not to worry yourself - until you know for sure. It's completely possible that, at 16, it's just something her body's doing on its own.

Keep us updated.

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

Alright, ill keep you guys updated, im really scared but ive calmed down a bit, your all very reassuring, thank you all for the help so far.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

i know its rude of me to say but i've known quite a few people lie about pregnancy scares to to get attention/create drama. as someone mentioned it was odd she had to wait....

and if it is like someone said and she has to wait until a few days after her period was due, then she is more likely to just be having a random teenage cycle than actually be pregnant. did you use protection?

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Yes I did use protection. :/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

In that case, wait until you actually know something, one way or the other, before you act on it. Certainly, do not propose marriage at this stage, as she may be trying to manipulate you into a "Rescue Wedding" long before you are ready.

If she is pregnant, wait until you know for certain that the baby is yours before claiming it - a simple test for blood type will do for a start, and if there is any further doubt, a full-blown DNA profile may be in order.

Never, ever take only a woman's word for it when she says, "You are the father".

Verify, verify, verify.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Never, ever take only a woman's word for it when she says, "You are the father".

aww thats sad.

the jeremy kyle generation.

NUJV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2011, 1:53 pm

Why does she think she is pregnant, ChrispyBiscuits? If she's missed a period, that can be explained in a lot of ways. If it's other symptoms then you have even less reasons to worry. But don't hurt her in this fragile time by asking for proof that you are the father (if she is pregnant) or accusing her of attention-seeking. She's your girlfriend, just trust her and help her out. Nothing is more worrying than a pregnancy scare, and men don't understand this.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

Welcome to WP. Anyways, tut tut. :roll: